Stop in for a drink.

-
Same about here but use to it this time of year stay safe my friend that's cold for sure.
On the positive side of being this cold when it gets to 30*f above if the wind is not blowing you can go outside in a T shirt and shorts and it feels warm.

On the positive side of being this cold when it gets to 30*f above if the wind is not blowing you can go outside in a T shirt and shorts and it feels warm.
We used to say a similar thing back in Memphis in August. When the temps drop from 114* during the day to only 94*, it feels like Spring. When a thunderstorm doesn’t bring dozens of life-threatening tornadoes, it’s just a warm Summer rain.

Yeah, when the conditions are extreme and it lessens, it feels like a gift...

But it’s really just less painful. Funny how the brain works to think it’s otherwise.

We used to say a similar thing back in Memphis in August. When the temps drop from 114* during the day to only 94*, it feels like Spring. When a thunderstorm doesn’t bring dozens of life-threatening tornadoes, it’s just a warm Summer rain.

Yeah, when the conditions are extreme and it lessens, it feels like a gift...

But it’s really just less painful. Funny how the brain works to think it’s otherwise.
Yep cold or heat not a lot of difference I think.

Yum! The Larceny was my pick. The Powers was Ted's pick, and the Elija Craig was a local store pick. All were top pics as far we are concerned and the Powers was a top pick for the both of us. Super smooth! I a starting to really like the Irish whiskeys.

20210212_175832.jpg

20210212_173743.jpg

Last edited:
Yum! The Larceny was my pick. The Powers was Ted's pick, and the Elija Craig was a local store pick. All were top pics as far we are concerned and the Powers was a top pick for the both of us. Super smooth! I a starting to really like the Irish whiskeys.

View attachment 1715688790

View attachment 1715688791
Just got a message from a Irish friend of mine. He jus loves that Powers. Never heard of it before. Damn , it 's good!

Last edited:
TMM I am looking at hosting a whiskey tasting event in my shop as a direct result of all the postings you do from your tasting club! I may need some guidance!
You're a pro. Make it a BYOB event and provide plastic shot glasses if you wish. We have some small bottles of water and sometimes someone will bring a box of non spicy crackers like Ritz to share. You can get fancy and have history of the distillery or brand. We sometimes have raffles for $5 a shot on a nice $50 bottle. Any extra goes to the club. You can go simple or fancy but the bottom line is it's fun .I enjoy it.

You're a pro. Make it a BYOB event and provide plastic shot glasses if you wish. We have some small bottles of water and sometimes someone will bring a box of non spicy crackers like Ritz to share. You can get fancy and have history of the distillery or brand. We sometimes have raffles for $5 a shot on a nice $50 bottle. Any extra goes to the club. You can go simple or fancy but the bottom line is it's fun .I enjoy it.
That sounds like fun 35 below this morning I might just start all by myself I could use something to warm my toes. lol

TMM I am looking at hosting a whiskey tasting event in my shop as a direct result of all the postings you do from your tasting club! I may need some guidance!
I just read your Coffee Shop post. Sounds like you've got it under control.

What's everybody drinking tonight? I switched from Buffalo Trace to Larceny. Damn it's good!

Full confession I am sipping a hot green tea, it only warmed up to about 10 or fifteen below zero today. I just had no desire to do anything. I curled up with the hound a quilt and a book all day. Kept thinking about a toddy but just never made it that far. I warmed up the shop but never made it out there to actually work. Did a drive by if you will! Walked around, looked at all the stuff I needed to be doing thought to myself yep. Then turned off the lights locked the door and headed back in the house. Pitiful display of a gear head today!

I have been on jury duty for the last couple days. Tuesday to choose the pool and of course I got picked. First day today. Because of Covid we had to shuffle to a couple different courtrooms but today went well. Tomorrow we should finish up. Time for a little sip. I bought some new tasting glasses. 2 looked like mini wine glasses and the 2 cheapies I bought from the local grocery/wine and spirits store really work well. They have a longer stem and are a bit easier to hold on to. These are the cheapies. Oh, a little Glen Moray in the glass.

new glasses and Glen Moray.jpg

I switched to Cody Road Rye. A Iowa Rye that I might need to bring a sample to MITP.

cody road2.jpg

20210217_181911.jpg
Tonight is black Velvet with Sprite in a cheep Wal Mart glass for me Was going to do a plastic cup so I didn't have to wash dishes but I thought I would splurge a bit. :)

I have been on jury duty for the last couple days. Tuesday to choose the pool and of course I got picked. First day today. Because of Covid we had to shuffle to a couple different courtrooms but today went well. Tomorrow we should finish up. Time for a little sip. I bought some new tasting glasses. 2 looked like mini wine glasses and the 2 cheapies I bought from the local grocery/wine and spirits store really work well. They have a longer stem and are a bit easier to hold on to. These are the cheapies. Oh, a little Glen Moray in the glass.

View attachment 1715692027
Those glasses go to what I said a bit back. Designed to open up the air exchange and bring out the flavors and the nose. Very cool that you got some, I’m sure you will enjoy the experience using them.

View attachment 1715692035Tonight is black Velvet with Sprite in a cheep Wal Mart glass for me Was going to do a plastic cup so I didn't have to wash dishes but I thought I would splurge a bit. :)
Black Velvet is made here in town, I love driving by the distillery when the aroma of alcohol is in the air. Even better when I go there to pick up a few pallets of whisky. I'm amazed when I look around the warehouse and see pallets stacked 30 feet high.

Here we go again. Another 4-6” snow/ice storm coming overnight into Friday. Hopefully this will be the last significant one of the season. Looks like the weather pattern changes next week back to more seasonal.

Fingers crossed...I’m tired of shoveling bricks of snow and ice off the driveway.

-
Back