Stop in for a drink.

-
The heavy wet stuff we get here is like shoveling bricks. This stuff today was so wet and sticky that the snow blower could only throw it a couple of feet. Had to start in the middle and do the outside edges 2 or 3 times to get it all off the driveway. If it freezes, forget about it. It has to be chiseled off a few inches at a time. We rarely get light fluffy snow.
I figured it was like that and sorry for all the snow you got this year but spring is on it's way I hope...

I figured it was like that and sorry for all the snow you got this year but spring is on it's way I hope...

Yep!! The sun is getting warmer and moving higher in the sky every day. Only a little over a month to the first day of Spring and the start of daylight savings time. By that time, Winter is pretty much on it’s last gasp of existence around here.

Yep!! The sun is getting warmer and moving higher in the sky every day. Only a little over a month to the first day of Spring and the start of daylight savings time. By that time, Winter is pretty much on it’s last gasp of existence around here.
Haven't seen spring till about May or June here.

Pardon me guys but I need to capture this photo so I can post it on a new bourbon tasting group that I am in on Facebook.

20210208_103620.jpg

And he needs a bigger cabinet
Yes I do. I need to clean off the top shelf so I an put my "top shelf" spirit there. Damn, I will have to go through and taste them all to figure out which ones are worthy. :lol::rofl:

I need to pick up a couple bottles of Blanton's after lunch. (for a friend) Cool bottles and the stoppers are a race horse and have a letter cast into the back hoof that spells Blantons. Each different letter has a different horse and when you line them up in order it's a horse race. The winning jockey has his hand up. Makes you want to collect all 8. LOL
Here's a cool video specific to Blanton's
upload_2021-2-8_11-9-33.png

Blantons3.jpeg

Last edited:
I need to pick up a couple bottles of Blanton's after lunch. (for a friend) Cool bottles and the stoppers are a race horse and have a letter cast into the back hoof that spells Blantons. Each different letter has a different horse and when you line them up in order it's a horse race. The winning jockey has his hand up. Makes you want to collect all 8. LOLView attachment 1715685985

View attachment 1715685986

Looks like the jockey is goin' to the whip on "O" there :steering:

Sampled these tonight from a friend. Damn good all of them.

20210208_174457.jpg

20210208_174453.jpg

20210208_174450.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a great Buffalo Trace video that tells about the history the facility and procedures.

We had another 4” snowstorm overnight. This was just light fluffy snow so between me, my wife and daughter we got it all cleaned up in about an hour using snow shovels.

8EB614CB-17BA-4E72-AF3B-B0694A20AC18.jpeg

I just saw that we have sleet and freezing rain coming on Saturday, so I’m going to have a few beers and pretend I don’t know about it.

Cheers!

We had another 4” snowstorm overnight. This was just light fluffy snow so between me, my wife and daughter we got it all cleaned up in about an hour using snow shovels.

View attachment 1715688064

I just saw that we have sleet and freezing rain coming on Saturday, so I’m going to have a few beers and pretend I don’t know about it.

Cheers!
Gonna be 32* below tomorrow but not much snow about 3" total for the year.
Trying to not let the cold leak out and head your way but as hard as I'm trying it's not looking good for you guys East of me. Might want to have another maybe a double to keep your toes warm.

Gonna be 32* below tomorrow but not much snow about 3" total for the year.
Trying to not let the cold leak out and head your way but as hard as I'm trying it's not looking good for you guys East of me. Might want to have another maybe a double to keep your toes warm.
That kind of cold is just brutal. I’m not sure which is worse, that or the snow and ice crap.

I guess the only plus to that kind of cold is that you don’t have to shovel it...and when you do get snow it’s usually light and fluffy. Not much of a plus though...

That kind of cold is just brutal. I’m not sure which is worse, that or the snow and ice crap.

I guess the only plus to that kind of cold is that you don’t have to shovel it...and when you do get snow it’s usually light and fluffy. Not much of a plus though...
You know the old saying David It's a dry cold but body parts still freeze and fall off. lol

-
Back