Stop in for a drink.

-
Anybody know anything about this little bottle of brown gold? I traded some cast aluminum welding for it. In shop now listening to some vintage Van Halen turned up to 11 and sipping a toddy. Preparing to bump Demon over this weekend.

CDB09B0E-774A-46CD-8C79-94D6130E662C.jpeg

Yep. And they forgot the Van Winkle products.
Anybody know anything about this little bottle of brown gold? I traded some cast aluminum welding for it. In shop now listening to some vintage Van Halen turned up to 11 and sipping a toddy. Preparing to bump Demon over this weekend.

View attachment 1715682073
Haven't heard of that one. You'll have to sample and let us know.

Last edited:
Sipping on a new buy. Cody Road Rye. A Iowa product from the SE corner of the state. Pretty good stuff.

cody road2.jpg

Cleared off the 11” of heavy wet snow/ice from most of the driveway today between work obligations including the 3’ high 8’ deep plow berm at the end of the driveway...only to have it start snowing again.

Everything I cleared has a new inch of snow on it and what was exposed and was melting has frozen solid now with the new snow mixed into it.

Fuggit...I’m gonna have some beer and forget about it. My back has had enough for one day.

Will deal with the mess again tomorrow. At least I can get one car out of the driveway if I absolutely need to.

Cheers!

My wife is bringing home some family recipe from Ark. when she gets back to ND. I asked for some edelberry or black berry, no telling what I will get. Looks very similar to the flu shot!
Let m know how it is. They usually make what is available for ingredients. Apple brandy would be late in the season. Most of the berries are mid summer. Maybe they have a stash to get them through the long winter. LOL

Cheers this evening men, if I had a dark ail you could see Buddy's face, @66340SEDAN s wife made these for me and sent them to me .
We sure have some of the best of the best folks on this web site

20210201_133108.jpg

20210131_172221.jpg

I managed to get the rest of the driveway cleared off today. It was covered in several inches of thick ice and snow, some places a foot deep. It took about 4 hours using a flat garden spade to break it up a few square inches at a time and then shovel it off. The 30 mph, 33* winds took as much out of me as the shoveling did.

I’m beat. I came in the house feeling cold, tired and stiff. I had a double shot of Crown Royal shortly after getting inside and now feel warmed up...and not so stiff! :)

Will follow with a few beers, a nice dinner and an early bed time.

Cheers!

I managed to get the rest of the driveway cleared off today. It was covered in several inches of thick ice and snow, some places a foot deep. It took about 4 hours using a flat garden spade to break it up a few square inches at a time and then shovel it off. The 30 mph, 33* winds took as much out of me as the shoveling did.

I’m beat. I came in the house feeling cold, tired and stiff. I had a double shot of Crown Royal shortly after getting inside and now feel warmed up...and not so stiff! :)

Will follow with a few beers, a nice dinner and an early bed time.

Cheers!
Sounds like a plan Dave. We have a blizzard warning tomorrow from 6 am to 6 am Friday. . Great more snow and wind.

Holy crap TMM I don’t know if we even got enough guys to pitch in for that? No idea what a bottle like that would even taste like? I am stunned at the difference a 100 dollar bottle makes compared to a fifty. How much better could it actually be? There has to be a ceiling on taste at some point right?
I think there's a difference but not $2000 different. They are creating a collectors market which is cool but not for me. They make a batch, barrel it, warehouse it for 20 years, loose up to 50% to the angel's share, but find out it has been hanging in the best place in the rickhouse and it is the best tasting bourbon the pro's at the distillery has ever tasted or produced. I can see it. Just not $2000.

source.gif

Just my opinion but much like collector guns (I don’t own any) if I purchase a firearm I am going to shoot it and enjoy it. Or a car if you will, what is the point if you don’t drive it? Perhaps this is a simplistic point of view or even a direct reflection of my peasant upbringing, but I simply cannot fathom purchasing a bottle of whiskey to just sit on a shelf? We buy it, we drink it! Clearly I don’t mind paying a hundred bucks or so for a special occasion type bottle but I think there is a whole bunch of super good spirits for under 100 dollars! I fully realize there is a whole group of whiskey and wine folks that purchase bottles for investment and while I support and applaud their enthusiasm it just don’t ring my bell. Pictured below is my special bottle, I would like to open it this weekend. In theory I am going to try and give the Demon breath of life this weekend. Been many years getting to this point. I will be sitting on a milk crate but I am determined to bump the motor Saturday.

AC36BCD4-A93D-4503-9313-B29FA22B2044.jpeg

Just my opinion but much like collector guns (I don’t own any) if I purchase a firearm I am going to shoot it and enjoy it. Or a car if you will, what is the point if you don’t drive it? Perhaps this is a simplistic point of view or even a direct reflection of my peasant upbringing, but I simply cannot fathom purchasing a bottle of whiskey to just sit on a shelf? We buy it, we drink it! Clearly I don’t mind paying a hundred bucks or so for a special occasion type bottle but I think there is a whole bunch of super good spirits for under 100 dollars! I fully realize there is a whole group of whiskey and wine folks that purchase bottles for investment and while I support and applaud their enthusiasm it just don’t ring my bell. Pictured below is my special bottle, I would like to open it this weekend. In theory I am going to try and give the Demon breath of life this weekend. Been many years getting to this point. I will be sitting on a milk crate but I am determined to bump the motor Saturday.

View attachment 1715683938
I am getting close with my 408 to get on the Dyno...:thumbsup: Get Er done...

Got a note from my neighbor who owns a couple of neighborhood grocery stores. Picked up a bottle of Blantons. It's allocated and pretty hard to come by. Good thing I rushed over and picked up a bottle. 5 bottles sold in 2 hours! Thanks Jill.

Blantons.jpg

20210205_094317.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back