Stop in for a drink.

-
DRINK_UP.jpg

It’s not! I picked it up on sale and it was not for me. I would not buy another bottle of it.
Last bottle I bought on sale was the same so from now on gonna buy what you guys say is good.
In my opinion only this is good stuff and the best Iv'e had so far.
Not that I know much in tasting good whiskey but I think you'd like it.
20201124_182616.jpg

I just finished off my bottle. Yea! (only a finger or two in the glass) I bought 2 bottles on sale (duh) LOL
If I found fingers in my glass, I think I could tell if it was 1 or 2. Whose fingers? That's kinda gross. Never know where they been. LOL

Last bottle I bought on sale was the same so from now on gonna buy what you guys say is good.
In my opinion only this is good stuff and the best Iv'e had so far.
Not that I know much in tasting good whiskey but I think you'd like it.
View attachment 1715681490
I watched a video from Buffalo Trace about tasting notes and their top notch bourbon they were tasting was Eagle Rare. I thought to myself "hey I have a bottle of that. I don't remember it being that good" Well it's 9 am on Monday but I had to pour a little for a sip. Yes it is that good. I am going to save that one for special occasions. It's a 10 year that is a superb sipper. It has such a pleasant finish. Almost a cough drop numbing at the back of your throat 5 min after. Definitely a slow sipper to enjoy the layers of flavors.

20210201_092008.jpg

Last edited:
I watched a video from Buffalo Trace about tasting notes and their top notch bourbon they were tasting was Eagle Rare. I thought to myself "hey I have a bottle of that. I don't remember it being that good" Well it's 9 am on Monday but I had to pour a little for a sip. Yes it is that good. I am going to save that one for special occasions. It's a 10 year that is a superb sipper. It has such a pleasant finish. Almost a cough drop numbing at the back of your throat 5 min after. Definitely a slow sipper to enjoy the layers of flavors.

View attachment 1715681724
Great stuff. Haven't had in a while. Not the first I had bourbon, but when I actually started going for taste and not just drink whatever was pouring, I asked for recommendations and got that. I think Ben D gave it high marks.

Great stuff. Haven't had in a while. Not the first I had bourbon, but when I actually started going for taste and not just drink whatever was pouring, I asked for recommendations and got that. I think Ben D gave it high marks.
Here's the vid if you are interested. Pretty interesting. Drew is the master blender. What a fun job that would be. LOL

A little Eagle Rare in your coffee might be fun. It has a mild toasted oak flavor as well as chocolate and caramel notes.
Might be a good day for Kentucky coffee. Recipe calls for shot of bourbon, sugar and top with whip cream. Last time I used maple syrup instead of sugar. :thumbsup:

Boy all of a sudden there's a lot of chatter about Russell's Reserve 10 year being really good. Going to put that on my list.

-
Back