Stop in for a drink.

-
I mentioned before what the science was behind letting spirits breathe to change the flavor. But I didn’t mention what warming it does to further that.

All of the volatile components have different boiling points and therefore different vapor pressure. Vapor pressure determines the rate of evaporation at a given temperature.

Try warming up your spirit of choice by a few degrees and note how it changes. Kinda like brandy in a snifter which is designed to be warmed by the hand to release the low boiling volatiles and get the best flavor.

Put a spirit in a metal cup and gently warm over a heat source like a campfire, candle or even a lighter. Sip at various intervals of time over the heat.

Note the changes as you go....you might be surprised at what you find by the end of the experiment.
Sounds like a fun experiment. The more you mess with a spirit the smoother it gets. I should also test the before and after abv and note the change.

Ok my experiment is in full swing! See picture! Thanks Dave as always for sorting this mob out. I think I will reread your post tomorrow when I may have a bit more clarity of thought. Like Fred my experiment has got the best of me tonight. Hah! I been tearing a Dillion machine apart thus the Dillion sales magazine, I am going to sell it while the market is hot and trade up! Had to do some research and figure out what the dang thing is worth.

2D6610CF-F471-4DEB-99E5-13C3CD1740DA.jpeg

Worked today and when I got there this was in the middle of the shop needing a repaint. I swear I didn't start drinking early and I for one see pink elephants after a long night of drinking not 12 foot tall Giraffes. lol
20210329_092728.jpg
20210331_140257.jpg

Worked today and when I got there this was in the middle of the shop needing a repaint. I swear I didn't start drinking early and I for one see pink elephants after a long night of drinking not 12 foot tall Giraffes. lolView attachment 1715716703 View attachment 1715716704
Holy crap Fred you got to lay off that Black Velvet! How does one paint a Giraffe? One spot at a time? After watching your work on the boys plane and your Scamp I got no doubt you can manage a Giraffe! Think how good it would look in Sublime? Hah!

Holy crap Fred you got to lay off that Black Velvet! How does one paint a Giraffe? One spot at a time? After watching your work on the boys plane and your Scamp I got no doubt you can manage a Giraffe! Think how good it would look in Sublime? Hah!
:rofl:Good idea John much better than yellow.
The bosses wife Owens the critter and he can paint it, I'll hold the ladder for him and try not to laugh and give him a hard time on his honey doo thing.

Sipping on a Redemption Rye tonight fellas. It is a MGP product with a 95/5 mash bill. You would think 95% rye would be too spicy but it is very sweet. They must barrel it close to 100 proof to extract all those sugars from the oak.

cheers2.jpg

Worked today and when I got there this was in the middle of the shop needing a repaint. I swear I didn't start drinking early and I for one see pink elephants after a long night of drinking not 12 foot tall Giraffes.

Holy crap Fred, Think how good it would look in Sublime? Hah!

Pick your color!
:lol:

24F206A0-F569-43C9-B47C-FBFDA8107E96.jpeg

1B87792E-06B3-4C6E-81DA-8B321A266357.jpeg

OOPS drank to much Tin Cup with the boss best if I go to bed early, night all.

Went and helped a friend work on his transfer dump truck. Liquor store either very busy this morning or their delivery was late, none of the carbonated adult beverage I was thirsting for on the shelves. So Coors Banquet was the beverage of the day. Had to catch up on all the scuttlebutt ya know. Found out that the son of an acquaintance who has been driving Micro Sprints
th?id=OIP.jpg
for another friend got himself a ride in a full sized winged 360 Sprint Car for a well funded car owner :thumbsup:.

Ok the Thomas Moore may be my new favorite! I have been doing some quality control efforts in preparation for hosting a Bourbon tasting in my shop. Somebody has to get stuck with the neck pour right?

View attachment 1715717152
Always fun to try something new. That Dovetail will be a fun one. Lot's of complex flavors.

Just sipping on a shot of Wellers. It's kind of fun pouring a shot and sipping on it for over an hour. There's lots of fun flavors in there. I must have had 10 shots last night. I don't need to do that. Lol. My buddy Ted and I are going bottle shopping tomorrow afternoon with a tasting afterwards. Lots of fun.

Just sipping on a shot of Wellers. It's kind of fun pouring a shot and sipping on it for over an hour. There's lots of fun flavors in there. I must have had 10 shots last night. I don't need to do that. Lol. My buddy Ted and I are going bottle shopping tomorrow afternoon with a tasting afterwards. Lots of fun.
Sounds like fun bottle shopping with a friend, hope you find some new flavors to try out.

Well, this was an interesting day.

Apparently Johnson & Johnson (yeah, the vaccine guys) are spinning out some of their drug product assets to newly formed companies to develop them.

These new companies need significant Development and Technical expertise to make them viable. Some of them have pleaded back to J&J for help.

It seems that their pleas have resulted in a response from senior J&J management telling them that the guy they need to engage is...me.

As a result, I got some fast inquiries which resulted in some calls today with the new companies.

I don’t know who at J&J knows me, or is recommending me (I have had engagement with them at past companies) but I find it interesting that I topped their list.

None of them batted an eye at my $500/hr consulting rate.

Works for me!

Time for some cold beer and consider what this might mean...Cheers!

Pretty limited around here trying to find a good bottle of anything to bring home. I'd have to travel 100 miles one way to find a good bottle shop.
We have a few independent stores and then Hy Vee and Fairway grocery stores. Not too bad of a selection. I am now a member of the Iowa Spirit chasers group on Facebook. It's a very active group and someone is always reporting where the good stuff is. Someone will usually pick up a special bottle for you. You just have to drive 2 hours round trip to pick it up. LOL

Well, this was an interesting day.

Apparently Johnson & Johnson (yeah, the vaccine guys) are spinning out some of their drug product assets to newly formed companies to develop them.

These new companies need significant Development and Technical expertise to make them viable. Some of them have pleaded back to J&J for help.

It seems that their pleas have resulted in a response from senior J&J management telling them that the guy they need to engage is...me.

As a result, I got some fast inquiries which resulted in some calls today with the new companies.

I don’t know who at J&J knows me, or is recommending me (I have had engagement with them at past companies) but I find it interesting that I topped their list.

None of them batted an eye at my $500/hr consulting rate.

Works for me!

Time for some cold beer and consider what this might mean...Cheers!
That's good news and cheers to you.

20210402_111056.jpg
Got the 29 out today and after 7 months it started right up. Gonna change the oil and give it a bath and go for a cruise. Your all invited to come over I have a cooler full of refreshments and enough lawn chairs to pile you all on the back so lets go partying. :D

-
Back