Stop in for a drink.

-
Premium Reserve chop and veggies
Love me some pork chops. We have Iowa chops her in the state. 1" thick and all meat. I used to grill them medium rare but I smoke them now and finish them by reverse sear.

Love me some pork chops. We have Iowa chops her in the state. 1" thick and all meat. I used to grill them medium rare but I smoke them now and finish them by reverse sear.

That sounds nice....

Yeah, I have the butcher cut them 3" thick.... grill to 145°

Gin and tonic while waiting on the grill....

View attachment 1715950316

Many year ago I was living in Van Nuys because my work had me on the other side of the San Fernando Valley and 2 1/2 hrs was a little too long to drive back to home in the desert every night :rolleyes:. Wednesday night cruise on Van Nuys Blvd was probably the most popular cruise in the LA Basin at the time. We had just put Moto's Hemi Challenger back on the road with his Keith Black hemi and they decide they want to cruise Van Nuys and camp out with me overnight. Middle of that Wednesday I started feelin' real nauseous, by the time the crew got to the valley to gather me up I was a sick futher mucker. Off to the cruise we go anyway. "Stop at that liquor store. I need to get some club soda for this gut ache." I climbed back into the back seat, unscrewed the lid, big swallow
gagemojiII.jpg
":wtf: is this?" I grabbed a bottle of Tonic by accident :rofl:. "Is that a real Hemi?" from the crowd on the sidewalk. "Gimme 50 bucks and you can see for yourself." was Moto's reply. I think the quinine from that nasty Tonic actually helped me feel better. At the beginning of the Pandememic I drank 2 glasses/day for the quinine.

Another mixed six of mostly IPAs. There are so many out there now, I could do this all Summer and try something different every day. Started with the Hazy Cannon. Drinkable, but won’t repeat. Almost a grapefruit taste. I like grapefruit, but not looking for that in my beer.

60798355-DFF7-4154-93F1-BB72844CDBF7.jpeg

Another mixed six of mostly IPAs. There are so many out there now, I could do this all Summer and try something different every day. Started with the Hazy Cann

on. Drinkable, but won’t repeat. Almost a grapefruit taste. I like grapefruit, but not looking for that in my beer.

View attachment 1715951320
If ya have to add fruit to it. It ain't Beer :lol:

Another mixed six of mostly IPAs. There are so many out there now, I could do this all Summer and try something different every day. Started with the Hazy Cannon. Drinkable, but won’t repeat. Almost a grapefruit taste. I like grapefruit, but not looking for that in my beer.

View attachment 1715951320

Heavy Seas does brew some good ones. Loose Cannon is a favorite.

"New England" IPAs are troubling. I grew up in New England and never heard of that.... Just like "New England style" chowder. BS

Ted and I are hosting a tasting this afternoon. American Single Malts. 3 different ones. Probably go with; Cedar Ridge Quintessential, Stranahan's Single Malt, and Stranahans Blue Peak Single Malt. I'll snap some pics.

Ted and I are hosting a tasting this afternoon. American Single Malts. 3 different ones. Probably go with; Cedar Ridge Quintessential, Stranahan's Single Malt, and Stranahans Blue Peak Single Malt. I'll snap some pics.

20220716_161634.jpg

20220716_161644.jpg

20220716_173342.jpg

20220716_180140.jpg

-
Back