Stop in for a drink.

-
Oh my!

20240119_190919.jpg

Scotches are similar to me. The range of an Islay to a Highlander is huge

Bourbons have a limited scale
I am not a big Scotch fan. Highland only. Peated, nope! Irish is pretty good. I like bourbons but they can be a lot the same. Sweet, caramel, vanilla, dark fruits in the aged bottles, that's about it. Bourbon burnout is what I call it. Ryes you can get all those flavors as well as mint, tea, apricot, peach, apple, pear, sometimes stone fruit. Rye's are just more fun.

I am not a big Scotch fan. Highland only. Peated, nope! Irish is pretty good. I like bourbons but they can be a lot the same. Sweet, caramel, vanilla, dark fruits in the aged bottles, that's about it. Bourbon burnout is what I call it. Ryes you can get all those flavors as well as mint, tea, apricot, peach, apple, pear, sometimes stone fruit. Rye's are just more fun.

I'm an Islay / Peated Irish whiskey fan. Personal choice.

I just really lack the pallet to understand the nuances of the Bourbons

Tried this tonight. Very good. Caramel notes and very light in the start, then enough burn to remind you it's 115pf. I will get it again for sure.

20240128_161928.jpg

Virgin Bourbon.jpg

This is pretty crazy stuff. It's Heaven Hill juice, I see 7 year old age statement listed on some reviews. Don't let this one escape your grasp. It is very tasty. It's sweet, caramel, a touch of oak. I also get a bit of chocolate, and may be a little citrus. More tangerine than orange but very slight. It starts out a bit creamy but get's a little dry on the backside. The flavors hang out for quite a long time though. Many think this is Heaven Hill juice and I would agree. I need to try it next to my $50+ bottle of HH BIB. Ad smooth and complex as this is it would give big brother a run for it's money. For $16, it's a cheap date that makes you smile.

I dropped some Starlight samples off to a local liquor store manager. It will become available in our state in a few months and Eric had never tasted their offerings. Hopefully we can arrange for a barrel pick through his store and a group of us can travel to Indianna to do it at the distillery.

samples to Eric Dodge..jpg

I'm an Islay / Peated Irish whiskey fan. Personal choice.

I just really lack the pallet to understand the nuances of the Bourbons
I can't drink very much peated or heavily smoked whisky......doesn't sit well with me. I'm more of a Highlands genre. :thumbsup:

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout 18%. Amazing for those who haven't tried it.

20240208_112335.jpg

In spite of our brown liquor dark beer leanings.... there is something to be said about a well constructed, dirty martini... based on a quality gin served in a vintage martini glass.

Can't say enough about Bluecoat Gin.

This is gin for those who think they don't like gin

20240214_003755.jpg

Last edited:
In spite of our brown liquor dark beer leanings.... there is something to be said about a well constructed, dirty martini... based on a quality gin served in a vintage martini glass.

Can't say enough about Bluecoat Gin.

This is gin for those who think they don't like gin

View attachment 1716206879
I like gin, and I don't mind good vodka mixed. Never had a dirty martini. Oh and I love olives as well. What's my problem!

Last edited:
-
Back