Stop in for a drink.

-
Well. Ted stopped by last night. We finalized our extra bottles to share for CVMM (our whisky tasting group). It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it.

1000009840.jpg

Off to CVMM for some WHisky tasting. Ted and I are hosting Rye night tonight. It should be a hoot. We are blind tasting 2 and we brought 6 more. There will be 2 dozen or more bottles to sample.

I had a neighbor get hulled away by ambulance last weekend because she drank three bottles of vanilla. She’s not back home yet!

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout 18%. Amazing for those who haven't tried it.

View attachment 1716204269
I got my Rye batch kit ordered for MITP. It is called Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout. I have made it before and really enjoyed it. The oatmeal gives it a creamy mouth feel and a nice solid head. And you know how well us guys like good head! :rofl: :rofl:

1708112712660.png

With all this talk about Old Forrester picks I decided to revisit my 3 bottles. I have only taken a sip from my 86 proof shelf bottle. I think I bought it at Conoco 3 years ago for 22 bucks. I have been missing out. It is quite tasty. Creamy and butterscotch on the nose with a hint of dark fruit, like grape or light plum. It reminds me of BT products.
Light sweet and oak starting out on the palate. For just 86 proof, it coats the tongue with toasty oak and vanilla. Oops, I just got just a hint of anise and it left as quickly as it came.
Medium long finish with light sweet and toasty oak. Like toasted marshmallow.
As usual the longer I type the better it get's. Don't hurry it along.
Quite impressive for a cheap bottle. HA! It's probably 40 bucks now days! Still "nice for the price " Cheers!

Old Forrester1.jpg

With all this talk about Old Forrester picks I decided to revisit my 3 bottles. I have only taken a sip from my 86 proof shelf bottle. I think I bought it at Conoco 3 years ago for 22 bucks. I have been missing out. It is quite tasty. Creamy and butterscotch on the nose with a hint of dark fruit, like grape or light plum. It reminds me of BT products.
Light sweet and oak starting out on the palate. For just 86 proof, it coats the tongue with toasty oak and vanilla. Oops, I just got just a hint of anise and it left as quickly as it came.
Medium long finish with light sweet and toasty oak. Like toasted marshmallow.
As usual the longer I type the better it get's. Don't hurry it along.
Quite impressive for a cheap bottle. HA! It's probably 40 bucks now days! Still "nice for the price " Cheers!

View attachment 1716207936
Of the Old Foresters, my favorite is the 1920 Prohibition one.

I picked up a Yellowstone single malt 108 proof. Light and sweet with a small burn on the end.

Of the Old Foresters, my favorite is the 1920 Prohibition one.
Shelf bottles I do agree. I have one on the shelf and for some reason I have been nursing it. If I empty it they make more! LOL The 2 barrel picks I have are real tasty. A notch or two above the 1920.

-
Back