Stop in for a drink.

-
We enjoy ours along with a dog on a stick. I can’t hardly sit around a campfire (we call it cowboy tv) and not roast a dog with a cold beer!

View attachment 1715807780
Ted and I have a tasting to sponsor at a local bar. We got together tonight to do some side by side comparisons. I have a dozen Glen Carin's and I had to wash them for round 2. Yes, we are sick. LOL

20211019_165446.jpg

20211019_165512.jpg

20211019_180114.jpg

20211019_180119.jpg

Setting here with my Labatt Ice Twofer, watching a doe and her twins from this spring. Cat is on the footstool in front of the pellet stove and it's nice blaze. It's raining and about fiddy outside.

Ain't so bad living in the swamp...

I just had a sip of Corsair Dark Rye. There's a whisky tasting meeting tonight. I had to get my palate broke in.

Setting here with my Labatt Ice Twofer, watching a doe and her twins from this spring. Cat is on the footstool in front of the pellet stove and it's nice blaze. It's raining and about fiddy outside.

Ain't so bad living in the swamp...

Dig it. Warm and dry with no reason to go out is a winner

A subtle sense of taste and smell is something I gave away to a lifetime of auto repair in the North. Buildings closed most of the year and poor ventilation is how it goes...

Good evening folks! It was a nice warm Fall day here, but the air now has a chilly snap to it and with the bright moon casting its glow...Halloween is feeling quite close.

Cheers!

83600EEE-7C28-483A-AAEB-6218E93BD406.jpeg

It’s the end of another long and productive work week and I knocked off early to finally finish building the 150’ rock wall down the side of the property and looped around each end.

About 6000 lbs in granite stones pieced together to make it. We collected all the stones from digging holes for tree planting in the yard or scavenged from local construction sites and park works (with permission) and brought them home one small load at a time all Summer long.

The final push today was moving and placing about 1200 lbs worth to connect the ends. Tomorrow we will finish mulching behind them under the trees.

Tonight I will oil my aching knees and back with some nice cold beer and look forward to completing the season-long task tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a great evening...Cheers!

5245429B-C06E-463E-97EF-815E72FA530C.jpeg

0F386312-33B8-4300-ABF4-68705828AA72.jpeg

Been quite awhile since I posted, but still check things out once in awhile.
20211022_182134.jpg

Sitting here drinking a strong ipa with the dog for cheap before I figure out what to do for tonight. The beer, Dogfish Head 90 minute Imperial IPA, is thick, but in moderation is a tasty treat. The cheep, is that I bought it from the local discount store that gets some of the expired brews in and sells them for about 15 for a 24 case. Saw this in 12 Oz 4 packs across town for 12 bucks a 4-pack, so I'm way ahead. Good brew if you like these strong ones.

Saw the sunset a few moments ago...
20211022_181000.jpg

Been a good day. Brewers Performance parts arrived yesterday, after work put the new ZBar in the Dart, it's running great and am ready for good fun tomorrow.

Cheers!!!

Boulevard is a great brewery. I love their unfiltered wheat. Speaking of which, The Foundry Distillery, that I went to the first of the week, distilled their unfiltered wheat into a whiskey. It tastes like a banana split.

View attachment 1715809401
I've had a couple others from this 'smokestack' series that were pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wyndridge Farms tonight. Started with a very good wheat beer while waiting for a table. Got to looking at there other offerings and had to do a flight with dinner. Porter was good, Lager better. Not a big IPA fan, but the Spruce was really good. And the ‘stout’ , was a bourbon aged imp stout - just yummy. And oh, the food was great too. Crab stuffed mushrooms to get us started :thumbsup: I would have preferred the sauce on the side with the ribs -otherwise superb. Wife enjoyed a NY Strip.

2FA3A680-FAE1-48ED-8E67-464530192379.jpeg

Well this evening I am sipping an Arnold Palmer. Getting late in the season for them as it is in the twenties at night up here on the tundra. Quiet evening sweeping dog hair spent primers and misc debris out of the shop. Hemi is a shedding machine very thinly veiled as a dog. Man that is a lot of Rock Dave. Hope you guys are all well and stay out of the candy bowls!

Sipping on a touch my of favorite Dawsonville Bill Elliott Moonshine! Apple Pie Goodness! With A Coors Light Chaser!!

IMG_2961.JPG

One or two of these as I am making dinner tonight. Kinda reminds me of a Hop-Skip-&-Go-Naked, without the vodka...
20211023_181049.jpg

Sweet tasting. Feel like I should be adding vodka... o_0

Maybe next time.

-
Back