Street demon 750 review

-

investigator

Reaction score
I definitely do not want to start a carburetor War but if anyone is interested I will give my review on the street demon 750 that is on my Magnum 360 390 horse crate engine with an Edelbrock RPM air-gap intake. If there are responses I will be glad to give my review I'm not one of those that favors one over another.

well, lots of folks have had less than favorable results with Demon carbs.. myself included. I for one vote yes, tell us what ya got!

I just fired up my home built 360, and it's got a demon 750 on it. Kinda curious what to expect.

20170524_111413.jpg
Well I'll start off in general by saying I love the carb. It was easy to install had no problems adjusted the idle. Do to the notorious choppy idle I did have to change the primary Springs because vacuum dropped when put in gear. In case you're not familiar with these carbs the low vacuum at idle can cause the primary rods to bounce up and down it was an easy change and yes there was a small clip I had to remove to change the Springs out. The car has excellent throttle response runs great lights the tires at just about any RPM or speed up to about 40. I will include a picture of my throttle linkage hook up in case anybody else is looking to do that I manufactured one piece which I will point to. I'm not thin skinnew but try to show others respect my no name calling and expect the same from others if you have any questions I will be glad to do my best to answer them. This is on a 1968 Dodge Dart that used to be a 6 cylinder.

oh - it's newer one - nice. Mine was older and looked like this - View attachment 1715051013 -
I hated it.
Thank you for the compliment I have no problem with other carburetors to each his own this carburetor is for people probably who don't do quite as good as others at tuning or who don't have a means to check air fuel mixture other than plug readings.

I am interested in hearing your experience/review of this carb.

I saw a nice one at a Mopar swap meet recently. I almost bought it but hesitated because of mixed reviews by others. Next time I will get it and see what I can do with it. It should be fun to compare with the 1971, 1972, and 1973 ThermoQuads that I have.

I am interested in hearing your experience/review of this carb.

I saw a nice one at a Mopar swap meet recently. I almost bought it but hesitated because of mixed reviews by others. Next time I will get it and see what I can do with it. It should be fun to compare with the 1971, 1972, and 1973 ThermoQuads that I have.
It should be. Don't have much experience with thermoquad but understand they are good carburetors. I also purchased the carburetor kit just in case as it is I used the Springs out of it again that was on the primary side the secondary you just loosen a lock. And change spring tension.

Sorry if you were misled I have no issues and very pleased with it bought it new from Summit Racing and been very happy just thought I'd share in case someone was interested but thank you for asking

Not sure I understand. You posted a picture of a race Demon, and then said it's not the one you had??
I'm the one that started a thread and I have the street demon I didn't post the picture of the other Demon carburetor no problems though just thought I'd let you know what's up

Not sure what your issues were, but I have a 750 race Demon as pictured, and it has worked flawlessly. Out performed Holley 850, and 800 by several tenths.
My apologies I see you were talking to the guy who showed a picture again I'm sorry I jumped to the wrong conclusion have a great day

Not sure I understand. You posted a picture of a race Demon, and then said it's not the one you had??

"Mine was older and looked like this" - sorry, I guess I should have said 'Mine was an older carb BUT looked something like this'

The old ones were made by Barry Grant and had quality issues. The new ones are being made by Holley. I had a 750 Street Demon on a car I just sold and loved it. I bought another on for my next project.

The old ones were made by Barry Grant and had quality issues. The new ones are being made by Holley. I had a 750 Street Demon on a car I just sold and loved it. I bought another on for my next project.
exactly - the one I had was a BG.

View attachment 1715051010 Well I'll start off in general by saying I love the carb. It was easy to install had no problems adjusted the idle. Do to the notorious choppy idle I did have to change the primary Springs because vacuum dropped when put in gear. In case you're not familiar with these carbs the low vacuum at idle can cause the primary rods to bounce up and down it was an easy change and yes there was a small clip I had to remove to change the Springs out. The car has excellent throttle response runs great lights the tires at just about any RPM or speed up to about 40. I will include a picture of my throttle linkage hook up in case anybody else is looking to do that I manufactured one piece which I will point to. I'm not thin skinnew but try to show others respect my no name calling and expect the same from others if you have any questions I will be glad to do my best to answer them. This is on a 1968 Dodge Dart that used to be a 6 cylinder.
I'd like to see more and better pics of the new TQ. It look's like it's more of a spread-bore version of an AVS, than an old-style TQ.

Investigator: Would it be possible to revive this thread? I believe it got side track with the usual Demon bashing. I run an old Big Block TQ (37 year old carb) on my 340 daily driver and love it.
I'm sure a lot of other readers who own a 380 crate motor would be interested in your findings.
I hope you and your family make it through the storm ok.

Investigator: Would it be possible to revive this thread? I believe it got side track with the usual Demon bashing. I run an old Big Block TQ (37 year old carb) on my 340 daily driver and love it.
I'm sure a lot of other readers who own a 380 crate motor would be interested in your findings.
I hope you and your family make it through the storm ok.
First of all thank you for the wishes it's raining right now looks like it's going to be raining for 4 or 5 days I live in New Waverly Texas just south of Huntsville Texas as far as the carburetor goes I have been pleased with it haven't had it out on the street very much at all when shields aren't in yet and throttle response is great it's even better now that I moved the linkage to the accelerator pump throttle response is instantaneous had it revved up so far to about 5800 RPM no missing no hesitation no drag if you need better pics or want something else let me know. Idles 900 even with cam.

have to agree with investigators review. i have the same model and i really like it. i didnt have to change any internals or pump shot. i just had to do the normal idle mixture, idle speed, i did have to adjust the secondary air valve door and turn the fast idle down a little. great throttle response idles great. no complaints so far

First of all thank you for the wishes it's raining right now looks like it's going to be raining for 4 or 5 days I live in New Waverly Texas just south of Huntsville Texas as far as the carburetor goes I have been pleased with it haven't had it out on the street very much at all when shields aren't in yet and throttle response is great it's even better now that I moved the linkage to the accelerator pump throttle response is instantaneous had it revved up so far to about 5800 RPM no missing no hesitation no drag if you need better pics or want something else let me know. Idles 900 even with cam.

Glad you are doing well. It's that time of year for the hurricanes to get cranked up.
Thanks for the info. What type of iginition and timing curve are you running?

have to agree with investigators review. i have the same model and i really like it. i didnt have to change any internals or pump shot. i just had to do the normal idle mixture, idle speed, i did have to adjust the secondary air valve door and turn the fast idle down a little. great throttle response idles great. no complaints so far
Thanks for the info. Are you running a 380hp crate also?

-
Back