Street Racing Tragedy

-
This kind of outcome is why another auto forum i belong to does not allow street race topics. Nobody wins when somebody wrecks, gets hurt, or worse... We all think we are responsible and capable drivers but Murphy always seems to find his way into mix at some time or another.

I am not advocating that here but I choose not to perpetuate such topics. Have fun mauling that chivvy, but don't expect sympathy from me if you lose it and wrap around a light pole. Or some 17yr old smokes a kid street racing his dart and says, "I read about this stuff on FABO and thought I was doing it safely like they do."

I agree we just had a thread about this very same thing. Racing people with babies in the car or anyone else in the car for that matter is juvinile.
I've done my share but now I'm at the age ,I look back and think of what might have happened ....gives me chills. Your no less a man if you back away maybe a smarter one.

This kind of outcome is why another auto forum i belong to does not allow street race topics.

I am not advocating that here but I choose not to perpetuate such topics.

So let's turn a blind eye to it and it won't happen, right?

How about instead of ignoring it let's talk to the kids about it and let them know it's not a safe activity (street racing) and to take it to the track and do it in a controlled environment.

In other words encourage them to do it the right way if they feel the need to race.

So let's turn a blind eye to it and it won't happen, right?

How about instead of ignoring it let's talk to the kids about it and let them know it's not a safe activity (street racing) and to take it to the track and do it in a controlled environment.

In other words encourage them to do it the right way if they feel the need to race.

I almost didn't post what I did because last time people were very nasty about it. I'm not here to preach. I'll put that info out there and let the person reading it make an informed decision on their own. If FABO allows these kind of topics and doesn't see the need to change it then i feel the best thing to do is let the topic die and drift to obscurity. Posting and replying to the objectors only keeps the topic at the top of the list.

We had a bad one here in Coeur d Alene some time ago. Some kid in a new 'Stang was racing down a 35 mph street near a school, 25 zone during "kids" hour. The 'Stang hit a Caprice, and killed a child in the rear seat, as I understand

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/feb/02/men-sentenced-cda-racing-death/

"
Isaac W. Norris died and his mother, Glenda Norris, suffered severe injuries when their 1987 Chevy Caprice was struck by Salois’ 2006 Ford Mustang on Kathleen Avenue in Coeur d’Alene. Cutting swerved to avoid the Caprice and crashed his 2005 Subaru Impreza.
Witnesses estimated that Salois and Cutting, then teens, were driving between 60 and 80 mph in the 35 mph zone"

Well I don't think this one was street racing per say. More like Gutter Ball pass everyone up that you can on the Freeway at high rates of speed..... They call that street racing?

Seems like all of these accidents are when the driver tries to pass another vehicle..... WTF do they expect to happen??

I spent 12 years on an Ambulance. People who want to street race should have to do a few ride alongs and learn about the real world. I also spent 10 years as a track medic at our NHRA track. Proper driving and safety equipment are a MUST all of the time.

its what killed the cruzing here in the 90s right up the main drive thru Madison where every used to hang out , its nation wide. I really wish we had a str8 line track here.
but to race with or against some 1 with a kid or baby in the car, graduation is near and that only brings the deaths up. we self police our cruzes and if you lightem up
you better be in a burnout designated area or you:ll have 30 people up your *** real fast . I did it for years also now I am older and it is stupid ,if they would just put up a track here so many problems would disappear and the kids would learn something instead of gang banging and the police would know where 3/4 of the kids are being self policed and learning. racing with a minor in the car is a felony here as well.
sad but it will continue like the guys running the law on the bikes , piled up within 2 miles of the lights coming on .

There's wrecks out here all the time. What's bad is we CAN'T take it to a track because the nearest is 4 hours away...

Bet the dumb bi#$h wishes she died too....

Always the driver who is at fault who survives.

Street racing wouldnt be an issue if we had more tracks.

Local track used to have a Friday Night street drags sort of thing. Believe it was an un-timed arm drop arrangement. Got an email from them a couple of weeks back saying they were canceling it due to funding issues....and lack of attendance......which is probably just going to put these folks out on the streets somewhere.....

Local track used to have a Friday Night street drags sort of thing. Believe it was an un-timed arm drop arrangement. Got an email from them a couple of weeks back saying they were canceling it due to funding issues....and lack of attendance......which is probably just going to put these folks out on the streets somewhere.....
Yup out on the street where more accidents will happen and then will come the drugs, booz and street racing gangs and people will get shot. Young people will go in and out of state pen and cost the government more money than it would to keep the track open. Makes me wanna go have a beer and smoke a J.

Jk, been clean too long to break my streak.

Good for you.....do your best to keep it that way.....
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I still drink a lil here and there but I've been away from the green for almost a year. I started that **** when I was 14 and graduated an honors student lol. Dont buy the weed makes you stupid bit.

-
Back