Stress test

-
Good Luck with it. Never had one myself.......yet. I hear that the'll work you pretty good though. I always wondered the concept of that test.......Let's run someone into the ground and if there heart doesn't give out, then they must be good :D.

Good Luck with it. Never had one myself.......yet. I hear that the'll work you pretty good though. I always wondered the concept of that test.......Let's run someone into the ground and if there heart doesn't give out, then they must be good :D.

I often wondered the samething, doesn;t make any sense to me either. I hope the it least put a big fat steak and a Mt dew in front of you. Good luck

I've had 2 of these and they ain't no big deal. The doc hooks you up to an EKG and you run on a treadmill until your heart rate is around 140. The other one was chemical and way strange. You're hooked to an EKG and shot up with some drug that makes your heart rate increase. Didn't like this one since the antidote for the drug is in an IV that they start when your heart rate hits the goal figure. If the IV isn't started soon enough, you croak. Give me the treadmill any day. At least it is up to me when the experiment ends. The chemical test makes you feel weird for days and I could get the same results without the lingering aftereffects with a big fatty.
You should be OK Ink. I've passed 2 of these things and my heart blew up 4 years ago.

They are not bad. I failed my second one last year and had to get a catherization. Heck that wasn't bad either. They went in through my wrist and I walked out an hour later.

I had one several years ago, they put me on a treadmill and cranked it up. As I was trying to keep up they increased the incline, their goal was to bring my heart rate up to 180 bpm. They did and then had me lay on a table where a section drops out and did an ultrasound.

All I can say is whew!!! I was whipped after that.

Looks like it might be for nothing, I hope. After my nose surgery I was constantly winded, woke up in the middle of the night freaking out over not being able to breath and have had a constsnt heavy feeling in my chest. Stopped using the Afrin spray the ENT put me on the other day and started to feel better. Going to have it done anyway....

I've passed three so far. I can walk for miles but I am no runner. The first time my knee started to give out but I had reached the target and all was good. You'll do just fine. If they see something not right it can be fixed before it's too late. tmm

I've passed three so far. I can walk for miles but I am no runner. The first time my knee started to give out but I had reached the target and all was good. You'll do just fine. If they see something not right it can be fixed before it's too late. tmm
No running for me neither, nor steep incline walking.....With what is screwed up in my back I was told to avoid both like the plague.....

Uh huh, lmao. It ain't for us fat guys, lol. Seriously I guess it wasn't too bad once I got off the dern treadmill.

Oh, stop. Get on the treadmill, run your *** off for a few minutes while they try to launch you off the damned thing, and then flatten out while they 'watch" you wind down.

For me the toughest part was the iv. They missed a couple of times.

I've done a few and I'm not a small guy. I also have back issues but if you let them know when you get there they should make allowances for that, they did for me. I usually get one once a year or so after my aortic valve replacement 2 years or so ago. Best of luck and don't get stressed about it.

Oh, stop. Get on the treadmill, run your *** off for a few minutes while they try to launch you off the damned thing, and then flatten out while they 'watch" you wind down.

Hmmm, I got no IV just run my azz off.

As the father of three daughters, I totally agree.

Good luck Inkjunkie.
Thanks.....

Uh huh, lmao. It ain't for us fat guys, lol.
Yep....

I will be prepared to be launched. Time to practice up on my "I am afraid of needles" gig. A few times when I have had blood drawn they believed me......as they look at all the ink on my arms trying to figure out which side to use....

What's the IV for? When I did mine it was just pump it up and then they did an ultrasound.

The iv was for a "chemical stress test". When I went for my second stress test, I had a torn meniscus in my left knee, so I couldn't run on the treadmill. So they simulate that with drugs.
You get all the flush feeling and the quickened heart rate with none of the exercise. lol

The treadmill is better. ;)

I'm 44, and almost 3 years ago I had one because I was having frequent heart palpitations. I was very nervous about it, I weigh 193 and I should weigh about 165.
Anyways, they ran me on the treadmill til my heart rate was 173! I'm a smoker so needless to say I was breathing so hard I could hardly talk. They gave me the dye and took images and I was done. No blockages showed up (at least none that were 50% or more). I tend to be an anxious guy inkjunkie, so if I can do it, so can you! You'll be fine. Besides, it would be better to have a heart attack there than at home.

I remember asking the nurse "what if I have a heart attack?" She said, "did you shovel that snow we had a couple days ago?" I said, "yeah it was a *****". She said, "you would of had a heart attack then."

-
Back