Stroker kits, Ohio Crankshaft vs Hughes Engines

-
Last time I read anything, he did. IDK if he still does, but that would be awesome.

I used a K1 4” in my 408 and have a BPE 4.125 in my 434, both checked out great and have held up well. I don’t ever see me buying anything from Hughes again.
can i ask ? What happened with Hughes that you'll never buy from them again ? they always treated me well never a problem good communication I found them easy to work with , gave prompt refunds if there was a problem. Maybe I was lucky ??

I'm looking at big inch SB stroker kits from Ohio and Hughes based on a 360 block. Ohio has a 4.1 inch crank kit that'll go 425 inches with a 4.060 overbore, (418 with a 4.030 bore). Hughes is 4.180 stroke with a 4.030 bore for 426 inches. This will be a drag race only engine in my Dart. I'm going to use a Hughes girdle for sure. I like the Ohio because the rods are 6.2 inches giving me a slightly better rod ratio of 1.512.

Has anyone used either one? Comments? Suggestions?
both are good kits if checked before assembly and assembled correctly I went 30 over on my 1982 360 would not go over that after I had the block checked check the block you'll know how far you can go .
good luck and have fun , light car with tons of torque is fun

-
Back