Stroker Plugs

-
Yeah, I'm thinking I need a bigger carb, too. I bought this years ago for a great price, so I thought I'd start with it. BNIB, and I have some jets, too. I'm so glad you finally got the house finished and are a resident. Great numbers at Gainesville! If you make a run to Speed World, My ranch is open to you. I'd be proud to be a pit monkey. I'll look at Summit for the plug wires you mentioned. We'll meet up with Rob and have a FABO familyfest. Thanks to Rob and mderoy340. Looking forward to meeting more FABO members in person. Serious thanks to all for their advice.
I appreciate your offer!. On the list to do!!

Yeah, I'm thinking I need a bigger carb, too.
A well tuned 750 will be a good starting point to get started with, but a close to 900 AED or similar 4150 would be a good step up from there. Those strokers with decent heads will use up almost all the carb and cam you can throw at them, within reason.

For some reason, Georgia, I like your jabs. Keep 'em coming. Should you make it to Florida, You, me, and Rob will have lunch somewhere you won't like. Thank you for your input.

Tfs instructions list autolite 3924 which supposedly crosses to RC12YC or FR5. The next colder is a 3923, which supposedly crosses to RC9YC or BKR6E.
I've got a set of tfs heads on a 408 shortblock at around 10:1 and a hydraulic flat tappet at 295 adv duration running the 3924 plugs with no issues. Ymmv.
Very good information. This is what I was looking for as a starting point. Thank You, sir.

With aftermarket heads you need to confirm the spark plug size and reach. Check the Trick Flow instructions for what they say. I assume those heads need a 14mm thread with a flat gasket and a 3/4 inch reach but you need to confirm before you buy anything. If those are the correct specs then I'd go with something like a NGK 6987 which is an OEM plug so it is fairly inexpensive. It has an extra projected tip and a wide gap and a 5/8 hex. They are usually less than $3 each at Summit. It is a plug that Chrysler used in a bunch of cars as well as some other mfgs. I use the 6987 on most performance engines that take a 3/4 reach gasketed plug.

Wallace Racing: Dynamic Compression Ratio Calculator Dynamic compression calculator. (*Edit, had to double check) TFS calls for auto lite 3294 projected tip, so that'll work. I would like to know what input @TT5.9mag would have to offer.
You don’t even want to know what I’d do. Most people dont like to hear it. But I’d throw any plug in it that sparks and read the tune up then decide if I needed to go colder or hotter, richer or leaner. There is (in my opinion) zero reason to try to guess at a what plug will be optimal without a baseline. Stick what the cylinder head manufacturer recommends in it and BEGIN tuning.
And it would definitely be an NGK.

You don’t even want to know what I’d do. Most people dont like to hear it. But I’d throw any plug in it that sparks and read the tune up then decide if I needed to go colder or hotter, richer or leaner. There is (in my opinion) zero reason to try to guess at a what plug will be optimal without a baseline. Stick what the cylinder head manufacturer recommends in it and BEGIN tuning.
And it would definitely be an NGK.
And that's the answer I was expecting to hear. Hey, you got to start somewhere! As well as determining if it would be optimized with a standard tip or a projection tip during the tuning by the plug readings. And yeah, NGK all the way.

And that's the answer I was expecting to hear. Hey, you got to start somewhere! As well as determining if it would be optimized with a standard tip or a projection tip during the tuning by the plug readings. And yeah, NGK all the way.
The projected tip still throws me for a loop (at least on my TTBBC) when tuning. I’ve since switched to a non projected tip NGK and the plug looks identical to the projected tip plug without the weird discoloration at the tip of the ground strap but I have limited run time on them and even less wot tuning time so as for now that’s what’s staying. Warm weather is here so the boat will be on the water soon.

-
Back