stroker question?

-

prodart340

Reaction score
if my 340 is already .30 over and line bored,and I'm already runnung a set of eagle h-beams, all I need is a 4" crank and pistons,,,,,,,correct? and is there a lot of clearancing to do?

You have to clearance the bottom of the bore's and get a stroker piston. Kb makes one aswell as Diamond. The assembly has to be balanced throw in a good cam and decent head's and poof you got a very nice stroker motor.

if my 340 is already .30 over and line bored,and I'm already runnung a set of eagle h-beams, all I need is a 4" crank and pistons,,,,,,,correct? and is there a lot of clearancing to do?

be careful of cylinder wall thickness.
you may want to sonic check the bores for core shift.
also, using the forged crank is suggested.
600 hp is the questionable limit for a two bolt block.
enjoy the street, but repeated 1/4 mile runs may do you combo in..... remember the engine is only an air pump, what heads you choose will make this engine really work.
becareful of a roller cam...oiling issues may crop up. the lifters uncover the oiling gallery, especially on the driver side [cylinder # 5 & 7, both intake and exhaust]

What else do you have for the engine? What do you plan to get for power out of it? There may be other parts and things you need to do.

the engine as it sets right now is 30 over with steel crank, eagle h-beams,ross 10.5/1 forged pistons,eddy heads,m1 single plane,quickfuel 750 ss series,msd 6al and distributor,milodon gear drive,herbert billet solid roller[604/603 lift,291/303 duration on a 108* centerline,tti step headers,3" exhaust,manual 727 w/ 4200 dynamic convertor,dana 4.89s on a spool,33 x 18.5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,geeze will I be able to spin a 416 up to around 6500 or so rpm occasionally

Have to block sonic tested to make sure there are no thin spots. You will need to clearance the bottoms of the bores a little for those rods. I only use ARP studs on the mains for the 4" arms so if it were me, I'd line hone it too, meaning new cam bearings, block hardware, and cleaning after. Upgrade the carb to a 950 HP holley, add a 1" spacer to the intake. I would use a forged crank and forged pistons in that engine and set it up for 11:1 static. With those changes and if there's money for it, get those RPMs to flow around 260/270cfm (stage 2 porting or CNC) And you will be seriously knocking on the 530-550hp door and it should rev ast 6500. Also, you could lower the convertor to something around 3300.

If you can afford it send those heads up to Shady Dell Speed to get ported. That will allow those extra cubes to breath.

-
Back