stupid looking car thread

-
yes really! give me a nice clean normal charger or road runner over one of those things any day.

i swear the only reason people say they like those things is because of what idiots will pay for one.

I like them. I'm not willing to pay the price. My dad bought one brand new. Does that make us idiots? :finga:

I like them. I'm not willing to pay the price. My dad bought one brand new. Does that make us idiots? :finga:

The idiots are the ones paying six figures for one of those ugly things.

Hey if ya like it ya like it. It's all personal preference. Personally I think they are hideous looking.

The idiots are the ones paying six figures for one of those ugly things.

Hey if ya like it ya like it. It's all personal preference. Personally I think they are hideous looking.

Ok. That makes me much less frustrated. The way you stated it made it sound like all of us that like them are "idiots"

I'm usually a "form follows function" guy, but I do have to admit, the 68-70 "standard" Charger looks a hell of a lot better than the 69 "500".

I'm usually a "form follows function" guy, but I do have to admit, the 68-70 "standard" Charger looks a hell of a lot better than the 69 "500".

oh yea the 69 500 with the coronet grille is horrible looking too..

why they built the 500 and wing cars is cool and all but thats about it for me..

I'm also not quite a fan of the Superbird lines, compared to the Dodge, but I do like the Daytona a little more. None of them come close to the '68-'70 Chargers, though. Especially the '68.

I admire them for how strange they are and how much engineering went into them.

I'm also fond of the early Edsels. The guy who runs a body shop down the street has five of them. My favorite quote regarding those cars was something his son told me; "I don't know why people hate them. It's like a giant chrome plated ******. What's not to like about that!?" He paints cars there. I helped him flame a '51 Lincoln Cosmopolitan once.

I've always been under the impression that what makes an older car interesting, are it's cues in unique styling, among it's engineering. I love the Citrons. If I can't afford a spaceship, I'll buy one of those if I feel the need for a UFO. They had a self leveling 4 wheel torsion bar suspension system!

Avanti1963.jpg

Jeez!

???

I've actually been debating on building one of these, rather than my 240Z, only because I can't afford the space or money for both. Specifically in the champagne color, preferably a '63, if I can find one, just like in this picture.

The Avanti, need I say anything about their relevance in automotive history, those cars are a benchmark on modern era styling. The asymmetrical hood, nose, windows... the interior looks like something from a space station that Jayne Fonda manned, in the 1960s.

1963-studebaker-avanti-2.jpg

I love the A body hardtop, Barracudas, Demons, Dusters and the like, but the cars that I am most fond of are the atomic age customs, Barry Grant and Ed Roth roadsters with bubble tops, the Bat cars... anything that could pass for a ride at a carnival is effin' fantastic, IMO. I mean, after all, if I wanted a car that didn't get noticed, I'd be driving a late 90's Grand Prix.

I'm not in to cars because of how conservative they are.

Kudos to the Gremlin owners, Pacer, Daytona, Citron, Edsel, Nash, F Bodies, Datsuns and other car manus and specific makes that didn't follow the fold of GM's fear of trying anything eccentric. Any one of those cars are a treat to see, even at car cruises and shows among other classics.

I'm going to love visiting this page as a potential purchase list. lol

Here are a few that I am growing VERY sick of seeing.

images

camaro.jpg

100_2388.jpg

images

69chevelle1.jpg

standalone

I'm not even going to enter the realm of new cars, because there are about a hand full of them that I like and for the most part, are all on a losing streak.

I'm also not quite a fan of the Superbird lines, compared to the Dodge, but I do like the Daytona a little more. None of them come close to the '68-'70 Chargers, though. Especially the '68.

I admire them for how strange they are and how much engineering went into them.

I'm also fond of the early Edsels. The guy who runs a body shop down the street has five of them. My favorite quote regarding those cars was something his son told me; "I don't know why people hate them. It's like a giant chrome plated ******. What's not to like about that!?" He paints cars there. I helped him flame a '51 Lincoln Cosmopolitan once.

I've always been under the impression that what makes an older car interesting, are it's cues in unique styling, among it's engineering. I love the Citrons. If I can't afford a spaceship, I'll buy one of those if I feel the need for a UFO. They had a self leveling 4 wheel torsion bar suspension system!

Jeez!

???

I've actually been debating on building one of these, rather than my 240Z, only because I can't afford the space or money for both. Specifically in the champagne color, preferably a '63, if I can find one, just like in this picture.

The Avanti, need I say anything about their relevance in automotive history, those cars are a benchmark on modern era styling. The asymmetrical hood, nose, windows... the interior looks like something from a space station that Jayne Fonda manned, in the 1960s.

I love the A body hardtop, Barracudas, Demons, Dusters and the like, but the cars that I am most fond of are the atomic age customs, Barry Grant and Ed Roth roadsters with bubble tops, the Bat cars... anything that could pass for a ride at a carnival is effin' fantastic, IMO. I mean, after all, if I wanted a car that didn't get noticed, I'd be driving a late 90's Grand Prix.

I'm not in to cars because of how conservative they are.

Kudos to the Gremlin owners, Pacer, Daytona, Citron, Edsel, Nash, F Bodies, Datsuns and other car manus and specific makes that didn't follow the fold of GM's fear of trying anything eccentric. Any one of those cars are a treat to see, even at car cruises and shows among other classics.

I'm going to love visiting this page as a potential purchase list. lol

Here are a few that I am growing VERY sick of seeing.

I'm not even going to enter the realm of new cars, because there are about a hand full of them that I like and for the most part, are all on a losing streak.

A 67 GTO is one of my dream cars. I'd also cherish a 69 super bee like my dads

I totally agree about the Avantis. Wow. So cool and different....with some decent technology for back then too! I'm a huge fan. I also agree about those cars that somewhat "cliche" classic muscle. Still love '67 GTO's, but I doubt I could own one.

This is exactly why I got out of '66~'67 Novas! I actually got sick of people coming up and ooohing and awwing over them, knowing exactly what they were. It really bugged me. Having a car that not so many people recognize is pretty cool......like Darts.....better yet, DEMONS! "What IS that?" "It's a demon" LOL

Here's one built by a guy who gets too much credit for putting too much into beautiful cars that he always manages to make look like gian rolling turds.

Attachments

• terracudasema_lead.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 880
Ice Ice Baby

Attachments

• i357174.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 822
  • play_g_vanillice_car_600.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 3,982
  • dupont1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,402
  • mump_0812_06_z+fox_body_bargains+1982_mustang_gt.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 778
  • 116_0708_02_z+engine_swap+fox_body_mustang.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 931
  • rollininmy50.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 830
  • vanilla-ice2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 784
:pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::batman::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft::pukeleft:

Sorry, I love the wing cars. I think they show the commitment, imagination and innovation Chrysler had at that time to racing that put them on top. They essentially made airplanes on wheels.

HOT dang I get to add one too! just went to the Michigan Downriver cruise and saw some beautiful cars and a couple of stinkers BUT this one takes the cake.
View attachment DSCF3876.jpg

and no the things on that car are not temporary they ARE screwed on so they don't come off. I looked just to make sure I was seeing what I really thought I was. He was mighty proud of that thing , said it took 2 years to get "JUST right". I was afraid (he was a lot bigger than me!)to tell him he still had a long way to go, but it was only 8 miles to the nearest crusher.:glasses7:

Best part of this car is the legs propped up against it

Attachments

• image-970506829.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 743
-
Back