Stupid looking POS

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
My neighbor (across the street) called and told my Wife to have me come check out the car he just bought.
Problem is, I have already seen it out there and it is one of the stupidest looking POS I have seen in awhile and I don't trust myself to not say it.

A white 80's Monte Carlo with black windows lifted about a foot over stock with the dumbest looking 24' rims I have ever seen in my life.
Not even spokes but looks like a bunch of crumpled up tinfoil for a wheel with tires about 3-4 inches to narrow for the rim so it actually runs on the sidewalls.

Great, now every time I go out my front door I get to see this gangsterized POS sitting right in front.

look at this way, it'll give you something to laugh at every day - go over, suck it up, try to be nice - take a pic and post it - we all wanna see what you'll be laughing at every day

piks or it aint happnin, yo.

I luv the nates who have a 7" wide tire on a 10" wide wheel, especially when it is like a 20 series tire

:worthles: better yet video of you telling him how cool his ride looks or you could just point and laugh while your wife films you , either or works for me Bra!

He keeps going out there and revving it up, probably so I'll come out.
I guess I better just go get it over with.

Poor guy, I feel kinda sorry for him because he gets so lied to and doesn't have a clue.
He said it has a "brand new rebuilt engine".
It has a chrome air cleaner, and valve covers but everything else on the engine is dirty and greasy and what isn't is rusty.
They told him the engine miss is because the guy that timed it didn't know what he was doing.
"New water pump" looks 10 years old and all rusty (even the bolts)
None of the gauges on the dash work (electrical issue's) and they told him if it doesn't start to wiggle the steering wheel real hard.
It looks like a battery exploded under the hood because most everything metal has acid etching all over it, including the firewall. (almost no paint left there)
They told him they just paid 3k to have it painted but there is rust on almost every body panel in the corners where they masked it and didn't even get paint over the rust in places.
Not bad rust, but they painted right over it.
I'd guess they never paid anything and traded a 50 dollar bag for the paint job.

Poor SOB, but he's out there putting a big amp and kickers in it.

He didn't want me to show it to you guys because he said he doesn't want anyone to know where it is so they could steal it.
I have to respect his wishes on it.

Yea, it was good tongue biting practice.

Poor guy, I feel kinda sorry for him because he gets so lied to and doesn't have a clue.
He said it has a "brand new rebuilt engine".
It has a chrome air cleaner, and valve covers but everything else on the engine is dirty and greasy and what isn't is rusty.
They told him the engine miss is because the guy that timed it didn't know what he was doing.
"New water pump" looks 10 years old and all rusty (even the bolts)
None of the gauges on the dash work (electrical issue's) and they told him if it doesn't start to wiggle the steering wheel real hard.
It looks like a battery exploded under the hood because most everything metal has acid etching all over it, including the firewall. (almost no paint left there)
They told him they just paid 3k to have it painted but there is rust on almost every body panel in the corners where they masked it and didn't even get paint over the rust in places.
Not bad rust, but they painted right over it.
I'd guess they never paid anything and traded a 50 dollar bag for the paint job.

Poor SOB, but he's out there putting a big amp and kickers in it.

He didn't want me to show it to you guys because he said he doesn't want anyone to know where it is so they could steal it.
I have to respect his wishes on it.

Yea, it was good tongue biting practice.

Dam dood. I thaught we wuz frenz!..

awww... you messed up my morning!! get out the zoom lens.. even a sh!tty pic from 50ft away will work.. yer killin' us here! dooo it, dooo it, dooo it... :poke:

He's trying . Take him under your wing and show him whats up. Start by doing a smoky burnout with your car in front of his driveway.

He's trying . Take him under your wing and show him whats up. Start by doing a smoky burnout with your car in front of his driveway.

Already done both of those, but I don't like it when you are trying to show someone something and they just won't shut up and listen.
My Dad used to say "Your ears are in neutral when your mouth is in gear"

One day he was over there working on his old car and you could hear him mumbling and cussing under his breath so I went over to see what was up.
He tells me this is the third valve cover gasket set he has put on and they all leak.
I see the gasket split and smashed out from under the cover at every bolt, so he was wrenchin those things down like they were lug nuts or something. (surprised he didn't snap them off in the head)
I made him go get another set and showed him how to do it, and it never even seeped a wet spot the rest of the time he had the car.
I also found out he paid someone to put new lifters in the engine TWICE, because of ticking at idle when the problem was actually too low of oil pressure from just being wore the hell out. (the mechanic he was using told him it must be some bad lifters) TWICE.

Then he found out I have a mig/gas setup and wanted me to put hydraulics on it for him, but I refused and told him I didn't have time OR the interest to get involved in other peoples big projects.

We have 6 car here, so everyone comes to me with every little frickin complaint about their car.
"I hear a click when I turn a corner"
"Something under my dash rattles when I go over bumps"
"My brakes squeaked yesterday"

Sometimes I tell them if whatever it is get's bad enough it will fall off and then they will know for sure what it is. :D

searching... searching.... did you post invisible pics?

Attachments

• aglhyk-959x299.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 460
Already done both of those, but I don't like it when you are trying to show someone something and they just won't shut up and listen.
My Dad used to say "Your ears are in neutral when your mouth is in gear"

One day he was over there working on his old car and you could hear him mumbling and cussing under his breath so I went over to see what was up.
He tells me this is the third valve cover gasket set he has put on and they all leak.
I see the gasket split and smashed out from under the cover at every bolt, so he was wrenchin those things down like they were lug nuts or something. (surprised he didn't snap them off in the head)
I made him go get another set and showed him how to do it, and it never even seeped a wet spot the rest of the time he had the car.
I also found out he paid someone to put new lifters in the engine TWICE, because of ticking at idle when the problem was actually too low of oil pressure from just being wore the hell out. (the mechanic he was using told him it must be some bad lifters) TWICE.

Then he found out I have a mig/gas setup and wanted me to put hydraulics on it for him, but I refused and told him I didn't have time OR the interest to get involved in other peoples big projects.

We have 6 car here, so everyone comes to me with every little frickin complaint about their car.
"I hear a click when I turn a corner"
"Something under my dash rattles when I go over bumps"
"My brakes squeaked yesterday"

Sometimes I tell them if whatever it is get's bad enough it will fall off and then they will know for sure what it is. :D

I hear ya! Im in a similar situation I have 4 cars plus the OL's makes 5 and two motorcycles so I am busy with maintenance. I used to tell people straight up, "I don't have time to do favors for people" LOL! I have helped people who help me out though. I get times where I am working on my daily driver and should be working on my Dart resto. Time is valuable for sure. But your neighbor, only thing I can say is some people shouldn't work on their cars. :)

"STILL" no photos LMAO? You'd never make it on the YB!!! LOL

pics pics pics pics we want pics lol:D

Read post #11. He said he was respecting the guys wishes. Geez.... does anybody read anymore.

If I was a betting man. I could probably offer bet to anyone that PM'd me their address after reading this and I'd probably not have to send one red cent.

-
Back