Stupid things you did when you were young thread

-
I've resisted joining this thread for the simple reason I did so MANY stupid things growing up, it's amazing I'm not dead, in jail, or worst.... seriously F`ed up.

Ditto. But I guess 2 or 3 won't hurt. In 80 got my license and my grandma bought me my first car. A 66 Chrysler Newport. Man that car was huge but you could sure get alot of people in it for partying. Had it a few months and was backing up in the driveway with the door open (can't remember why it was open) and forgot about the maple tree. OOPS!! Bent the door all the way around flat against the fender before I could get it stopped. Had to take the hinges off to get the door back in place and used a rope to tie the front of it to the steering column. Then I either had to do a Dukes of Hazard entry or slide over from the passenger side.

For some dumb reason I got my finger too close to the alternator pulley while working on my friend's 318 when it was running and my finger went around the pulley. Man that hurt but at lest it didn't cut it off.

This one tops them all. In 86 I had my first muscle car. A 70 Chevelle with a mildly built 327 and a 3.31 gear. We were out cruising and boozing on the back roads and doing donuts and stupid stuff. Out of nowhere we see red lights coming so having a case of beer a 5th of Jack and some pot in the car and seeing I allready had 2 tickets I hammered it. We outran him easily but since it was dark got turned around and ended up going down a private drive doing about 90 we came up on a left hand turn and only a 5 foot deep ditch in front of us. Tried my best powerslide it around the corner (wasn't much else I could do at that speed) but of course we hit the ditch sideways. Caved in the whole rt. side of the car. Then I saw smoke coming out from under the hood so I popped the hood and see my home made battery hold down (bailing wire) was shorting against the pos. post so I grab for the wire to try to save what was left of the car so we could get home and it hits the pos. post again and immediately turned red in my hand nearly burning off all the fingers on my right hand. Luckily that was the only injury (amazing one of us didn't get killed).

Yeah, I did that too:
Got married once.
Guess that'll teach me to sleep with the secretary where I work!

There was a fire at a high school dance once, but the statute of limitations might not be out on that one... it was an accident. Really.

Another one from the 'young, dumb, and full of... file': was in bed with new wife, didn't want to run to store for 'protection'... listened to the words that still ring in my ears: "I know my own body".

Did I mention I have a kid? She's agitating for drivers' ed lessons now.

Here's one from the recent file. More just a case of bad luck and a humorous comment that went south, but I've had my arm in a sling since the first of October.

The guy who was leading my crew at work (train mechanic) was on a ladder; so I looked up at him and said "safety first". I proceeded to step up on train, fall backwards, hit the ground and separated my shoulder. Don't tempt fate...

Thre pages and no-one has died yet? That's remarkable. Almost enough to disprove evolution theories...lol.
I'm sure some have, but they aren't here to tell us about the f-up.

-bill

20 years old, 74 satelite 360 cam,headers, 4.10 , lots of Michelob. My friend in a ford stated the famous words "last one there is a rotten egg" as we left a party 5 miles from his house. I made it 3.5 miles before passing a gto in a 35 mph zone while doing 75 myself. The truck in front of the gto turned left. Thank God I did not kill him but that was the end of my plymouth, his chevy truck, a telephone pole, 5 road signs and my drivers license. I was ahead of my friend in the ford. :)
21 years old, brand new 1985 gt mustang off of the dealership car lot that I USED TO WORK FOR. Lots of Michelob (see a pattern here). Punk kid in town had a fast chevy pick up and was bragging. Since my plymouth no longer existed, I sneaked into the dealership that I worked for and got the keys to a new gt that had just came in off of the transport the day before. I think it was about 2 am on a Saturday night. I challenged him to a race, missed every gear and got beat. On the way back to the dealership, I hit a skunk that got stuck on the rear axle. Then I cut a turn too sharp and hit a curb that ruined the left rear tire. Does anybody remember those stupid metric wheels and tires that came on the gt mustang? Dang those things were expensive! I fixed all the damage before my boss knew a thing but I still told him what I had done. My first step at growing up. He let me keep my job.

Reading this thread always makes me feel good....................because I thought I did stupid things as a teenager!

I am not a teenager anymore but still do some stupid stuff.
My youngest son ask if I could watch over his St banard dog till he moved to his new home. That has been 1 1/2 years ago.:protest:

At the tender age of 16 I got my first car a 78 aspen se. I thought I was hot stuff I took off all the se crap and painted it primer gray, then I put an edelbrock 600 4bb and a edelbrock manifold on, changed the fluids striped out the interior and thought I was ready to race. I was driving to lunch one day with a buddy riding shot gun and say my friends 327 camaro. I decided to race him and show him that Mopars rule so at 25 or so I pushed the console shift into n and started to rev. oops I missed n and hit r for race... it stoped rather quickly and I coasted for about 4 blocks down a hill till I came to a stop. It wouldnt start. now I have non of the original drive train in the car, do to a broken crank. oops I learned my lesson. I think.

At the tender age of 16 I got my first car a 78 aspen se. I thought I was hot stuff I took off all the se crap and painted it primer gray, then I put an edelbrock 600 4bb and a edelbrock manifold on, changed the fluids striped out the interior and thought I was ready to race. I was driving to lunch one day with a buddy riding shot gun and say my friends 327 camaro. I decided to race him and show him that Mopars rule so at 25 or so I pushed the console shift into n and started to rev. oops I missed n and hit r for race... it stoped rather quickly and I coasted for about 4 blocks down a hill till I came to a stop. It wouldnt start. now I have non of the original drive train in the car, do to a broken crank. oops I learned my lesson. I think.

Ouch!!! Something tells me you will be more selective with your shifter:toothy10:

I went to 4sp I figure it would be safer that way with more control over the gears I select and I love it!

-
Back