Sub Frame Connectors

-

dazedduster

Reaction score
Does Anyone Have Pics Of Subframe Connectors Installed,
I Would Like To Make My Own But Not Sure Where They Should Mount To. I Saw A Link To B.b Dart But The Pict Were Not That Clear To Me.
This Is A 73 Duster
Thanks

Here's my thought on the BB Dart connectors... They didn't fit on my 70 Dart without having to cut the floor pan which I didn't want to do on a 340, 4 gear, #'s matching Swinger. I changed the rear section to fit up better, but, they still don't fit like I'd like.

The best thing I can suggest is to step the bars slightly behind rear footwells. That's the area that hit terribly on my car.

If I had to do it again, I'd step the bars or cut the floor pan on a car that wasn't on the rare side.

no pics, but I made my own and was very simple for my '75 Duster with 2" square tubing

just run them from where the rear sub frame stops, just in front of the rear wheels, straight to the T bar crossmember

cut square on one end, 45 on the other...cut 6-8" section out of your rear floor the width of the tubing and weld in (welding to the floor will make everything alot stiffer and mine were not noticable after installing the carpet)

If you do it correctly you do not need to cut the floor nor spend $100 plus. I made mine out of 2x3 boxed 3/32 walled steel tube and a couple of short pieces of 1/8" thick 2" wide plate. I don't have any good pics right at the moment and the car is over at a bud's shop so we can play with it some (yay, spring is here!) but I will see about maybe getting some pics and posting them later tonight.

Here`s a couple on my B`cuda. I had to move the E-brake cable up higher. The connectors were from Mancini, about $105.00.

IM000940 (Medium).JPG

IM000944 (Medium).JPG

IM000943 (Medium).JPG

IM000941 (Medium).JPG

My turn. I made these for my 66 dart GT. The pictures are from when they were just mocked up. I need to finish welding them up this weekend.

P2160066.gif

P2160067.gif

P2160068.gif

P2170070.gif

P2170069.gif

P2170067.gif

P2170077.gif

P2170073.gif

Thanks For All The Help, I Got It Now. The Link Valiantmike Was The One I Originaly Looked At That Did Not Make Sence. That Was At 2:00 Am After A 17hr Work Day. They Make Perfect Sence At 5:00pm After 8 Hrs. Thanks For The Help Guys,i'll Start Making Mine This Weekend

-
Back