subframe connectors

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you build the bolt in version? I am gone for a couple of weeks but will look into a set of weld-in for a 66 barracuda and would like to know if you can do bolt-ins for a 69 dart. I have never watched an installation, but wonder about the fire hazard with undercoating, carpet etc... Thanks!

Can you build the bolt in version? I am gone for a couple of weeks but will look into a set of weld-in for a 66 barracuda and would like to know if you can do bolt-ins for a 69 dart. I have never watched an installation, but wonder about the fire hazard with undercoating, carpet etc... Thanks!

Any time you weld you'll have a degree of risk. Welders set their pant legs on fire, etc.. Point being you cant reach zero risk. Some types of weld splatter much less than others.
As for subframe connectors.. The type that bolt in can be welded where they are bolted which reduces risk of carpet melting and such.

Do you make these for a 69 barracuda convertible?

If so would you be interested in trading a set for a set of brand new contoured frame rail connectors for 108" wheel base car?

If not how much for a set?

Thanks,

Mop

Made these weld-in subframe connectors. They are for a 108" wheelbase car. Similar to Mancini's. Made with 2x1x.125 tubing. These should go in without any cutting/modification to floor or anything, but not lose any ground clearance since made with 2x1 tube. Welds aren't too pretty(p.o.s. helmet). I made a set similar for my 72 scamp last year, but made tweaks so these will weld in easy.

I will sell for $85 plus shipping from Seymour, IN

I can make some more sets next weekend if anyone is interested please pm me. I assume a 111" wheelbase would require 3" longer connectors...

Any chances of making them for bolt in ??? I dnt have a welder

I am only making the 3x1 design now since its stronger, looks cleaner and most people order it anyway. I had to raise the price from $100 to $125 plus shipping for dusters and $130 plus shipping for darts. Mainly because of steel prices, and my other costs(plasma consumables, welding consumables, welding gas, electricity, packaging) also because I have to report these on my taxes, don't want to risk it.

PM me for shipping price
Thanks
Jeff

Are you still taking orders for these?

Lastly not sure what my wheel base is, any way to verify that besides getting under the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back