Suffering from Broken Heart !!

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
Well,made our annual cruise to Mopars w/Big Daddy ! The wife and I drove her '68 'Cuda,and my daughter and her boyfriend brought my truck in case I found something I couldn't live without !!! My legs aren't working well anymore,so we decide to hit the swap meet area while I was able to walk,After a considerable amount of walking,about to round the corner,there they were,something soooooo beautiful I couldn't live without !!!!! A sight for sore eyes,and what turned out to be a Major Heartbreak !!! Enough so,that I could have gone home right then !!!!

IMAG0077.jpg

Dang, those are nice! too bad they are for show only.

For display only ?
And how twin turbos would look on those !!!

Yeah, he's probably waiting for that special someone to just whip out the wallet and make him an outrageous offer he can't refuse.

Yeah, he's probably waiting for that special someone to just whip out the wallet and make him an outrageous offer he can't refuse.

In talking with him,he's one of those people that DOESN'T need money !!:angry4: I offered him $1K,and he wasn't interested !!! I then tried to convince him that he could make many people HAPPY if he would just let someone make molds to recast them !!Again offering to assist in financial backing,only to be told again that he doesn't need the money !!Gawd I was sooo frustrated I had to leave before I got really frustrated !!:angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5:

Those are just like what I had stolen in DFW this year. That guy is a jerk. Let someone make the castings and sell them to people who would use them.

hold on. who needs a set to get them copied? i have a set that i would lend out, but i would need a 1,500.00 deposit set into an escrow account till they are returned

i just bought them this summer at a local swapmeet for 375.00 and two cold beers!

I think your "face value" on this site just went up.

hold on. who needs a set to get them copied? i have a set that i would lend out, but i would need a 1,500.00 deposit set into an escrow account till they are returned

i just bought them this summer at a local swapmeet for 375.00 and two cold beers!

God, you would have them wouldn't ya.:pirate:

Im not a 6 cylinder guy so bear with me here. I think I know where a set of these are. Whats the application and casting numbers?

Hey 6pak, offer 340plot $750 in an account and FOUR cold beers of his choice.

Or all the beer he can drink during the time you have them in your possession.

Im not a 6 cylinder guy so bear with me here. I think I know where a set of these are. Whats the application and casting numbers?

The application would be a '60-'61 /6 170 and later 225 valiant I believe !!If you know where they might be,and the guy wants to part with them,I'd be much interested !!

The casting numbers for these '60-'61 Hyper Pak exhaust "cast iron headers" are 2129899 and 2129900.

This, which is a factory Chrysler slant-6 piece but is not one of the ones shown above, is on mah shelf (casting number 3724807):

Front_3_exh.jpg

I about feel out of my chair!! Know I am hart broken 6pakattack :eek:ops:
there are nun out there for sale:wack:, they do not make headers for a 170 :wack: and these would be the cat's meow for me or any /6 man or lady :eek:ccasion:

The application would be a '60-'61 /6 170 and later 225 valiant I believe !!If you know where they might be,and the guy wants to part with them,I'd be much interested !!

Stick a turbo on that thing, and I gay-roan-tee, you'll forget all about those cast iron paperweights...

Boost is addictive... LOL!:blob:

Bill,don't stop saying I need a Turbo,'cause you just never know !!:D

It's just such a difficult, uphill battle to make any real power, out of a normally-aspirated slant six because the head was designed for 170 cubic inches, and when you add 55 cubic inches (225)... that's 32 percent, (virtually 1/3) flowing thru the same ports and valves, it gets asthmatic pretty quickly... and porting with big valves helps somewhat, but it's still a non-breather, and because of the small bores, there's really not much you can do about it, short of adding a power adder of some sort..

Mark's car runs really well, but he's gone to great lengths to take weight out of the car. It's hard to generate exciting e.t.'s with a 3,300-pound /6 car (which most of us have,) without a power adder of some kind.

With the rock-bottom price of E-Bay turbos nowadays, I'm not sure at all, that a well-built, 13-second normally-aspirated /6 is any cheaper than a turbo-assisted one.

If you decided to limit your boost to 10 PSI, you could run stock (cast) pistons and rods, and still have a car that would handily outrun a stock 340, I believe. Spend the money for forged internals, and all bets are off... LOL!!!

Speed costs money; how fast do you want to go??????:violent1:

-
Back