Summer Gas Blues

-

guzzimike

Reaction score
Never fails- Every year at about this time, my Dart starts running shitty....

I normally use one of 3 Gas Stations here in Huntington Beach, Ca. - Two Chevrons and one Mobil, and they always have "good" gasoline...

Well, since 2005, when we first got our daily driver Big Block Dart put together, we notice that our local fuel turns to shiite right about Memorial Day weekend (start of Summer)...and Lo-& Behold, I filled up at my usual Chevron on Friday, June 4th, and the Dart's been running like CRAP all weekend...

Bad Idle, stutters when I back off after going WOT, PITA to get running in the morning, crappy MPG.

I HATE Summer Fuels..:angry7: :thebirdm:

--

lemme guess, Holley carb?

Mine does the same.

Has nothing to do with the carb, soooooooooo let ME guess "OPEN CHAMBERED HEADS" crappy quench?? I have no problems with mine in the summer, does it run alittle slower, less throttle responce, YES it does, but its most likely the "crappy" air its starting to breath, "ain't no cure for the summertime blues" when it comes to our cars.

Most likely your running too rich "now", try leaning out the carb some (about 2& 2), see if it helps, might also need to pull some timing too.

lemme guess, Holley carb?

Mine does the same.

Yup.

But it was doing the same thing back when I had the Edelbrock Carb.

It's gotta bne the fuel..I can smell the difference when I fill up the cars or my generator.

BTW, the timing was set at Superior Automotive im Anahaeim, Ca, where I had the car chassis dyno'ed a couple of months ago..

http://superiorautomotive.com/Dyno-Tuning-Los Angeles.htm

They are a well known, reputable shop.

I really think that this is a fuel quality problem, with their summer blends.

Happens every year, here in SoCal.

--

happens here to. i have even noticed it with my fuleie subies. i have always thought it is the heat effecting the fuel. like it goes bad'ish' and maby sweats and adds water to the mix. just my opinion lol at the shop we have had more cars towed to us cuz they wouldnt start. and most of them have full tanks and end up being cuz of bad gas so we add bg 44k and they run better

-
Back