Summer Race Announcement...This Will Happen

Who will win this race???

• jpar with his home built wonder 408 stroker

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • yellow rose with his check book built little 340

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • the spectators who come to watch

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • there will be no race as jpar and YR are as full of poop as a Christmas goose.

Votes: 56 62.9%

• Total voters
-
Well, well, well :realcrazy:
On my back today rolling around on the concrete under a Duster trying to change out the turbo mufflers. Rotten Thrush two-chambers drone so bad i hated riding in it. Dynomax Super turbo's are going on. one side done, the other side to go. Pipes where just a hair off in O.D.'s, electric grinder and a fight, but i won. Work before work....... and i'm not getting any younger.
YR, explain to me how this check writing thing works... ?? today it didn't sound like a bad idea... :poke:

Those days are longgggggggggggggggg over..what I can't or don't want to do gets done by REAL professionals not "backyard" wannabees!!

The well built 340 will kick the snot out of the "backyard" hillbilly built 408..no problem:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seriously, 6 pages of this banter in 1 day...you guys really are committed to bench racing.

Those days are longgggggggggggggggg over..what I can't or don't want to do gets done by REAL professionals not "backyard" wannabees!!
I am the professional! Last thing I want is taking it to somebody shop So-called professional and have their wife calling needing a box of tampons right in the middle of torquing down your heads! Now did I torque the head or did I remember to get my old ladies box of tampons? See I don't have those kind of thoughts going around in my head or disturbances while I'm working on my car. It's for me so it's done right and I know it for a fact because I did it. Just like when you talked about bringing all those parts for your transmission to your professional transmission guy. You only know what he told you. He could have put all those parts in his transmission and put a new clutch disc or two in yours for all you know for a fact.

Seriously, 6 pages of this banter in 1 day...you guys really are committed to bench racing.

Why not? It's cheaper. Don't have to deal with track officials. Don't have to deal with a bunch of silly NHRA idiot rules.

And, you don't have to be fast or good.

So it's a win win win win for everyone.

I doubt it ! if you did, you wouldn't have a car just like the guy across the street.
you have a nice car, but nothing special.
I totally agree! When I look at his motor it's like I've seen it 3 million times. If I looked at his car at a car show I mean I don't even think I'd slow my stride. It's the one that I've seen a million times.
I just have a phone so I'm trying to blow the picture of his motor up and I'm looking at that thermostat housing? At the base of it I'm not sure it looks is there some kind of blue stuff there?

Here ya' go and it's a '70 not a "beaknose" like yours you'll never be able to touch this car in looks,cleanliness or timeslips:D:D

With a thermostat housing sealed with a whole tube of blue Permatex. Nice touch. Maybe you shouldda glued the intermediate shaft on top for a finishing touch.

Alright let's start playing nice and get back to the race LOL I think the point has been made nobody's perfect and nobody's car is perfect!
but the real Point here is that I'm going to clean up the track with yellow roses beak nose pile of crap!

I'll have more torque leaving harder on better tires bigger tires and 410 gears! I'm going to leave him standing in his tracks!

I'll have more torque leaving harder on better tires bigger tires and 410 gears! I'm going to leave him standing in his tracks!

You have also gone down the track more recently.

You need better math.

I have a 14.09:1 first gear, a 6000 RPM setting on the two step and four corners of double adjustable shocks.

That's not even counting my sof-lok clutch.

You need better math.

I have a 14.09:1 first gear, a 6000 RPM setting on the two step and four corners of double adjustable shocks.

That's not even counting my sof-lok clutch.
That's all fine and dandy! But what happens when you're reaching over for a big bite of your special brownie and you look up and all you see is my tail lights!?
I think we may have to have a test to make sure there's no special brownie juice flowing in anyone's bloodstream before we were race?!

That's all fine and dandy! But what happens when you're reaching over for a big bite of your special brownie and you look up and all you see is my tail lights!?
I think we may have to have a test to make sure there's no special brownie juice flowing in anyone's bloodstream before we were race?!

Why would you pass me on the return road??????

-
Back