Summit alternator bracket

-
Here is a picture of the side view. I put a small spacer in and still off set. Could it be the after market water pump and crank pulley. Those are from the same manufacturer, I should maybe order the alternator pulley also?

Please hold comments about the black engine bay. Not my 1st choice of color.

Attachments

• 340 Engine Build 422 Stroker 008.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 340 Engine Build 422 Stroker 009.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 340 Engine Build 422 Stroker 010.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 115
Here is a picture of the side view. I put a small spacer in and still off set. Could it be the after market water pump and crank pulley. Those are from the same manufacturer, I should maybe order the alternator pulley also?

I think it could be your crank and water pump pulley setup...really because you should be using the back groove on the alternator pully

that water pump pulley is an A/C depth pulley. the non A/C depth pulley would go toward the water pump more and use the rear pulley on the alt.

here is the difference between the a/c pulley (black) and a non A/C pulley (chrome)

DSCN5194.jpg

Not sure where Brad got mine when he was doing my engine, but it
looks the same except he got mine polished.

engine018_Medium_.jpg

engine017_Medium_.jpg

Very easy to adjust as was said before

Nope. Similar but different. The bracket bolted to your water pump has an 'open window' in the center of it; the Summit bracket is 'closed' solid.
I like yours better. Yours looks like the one from Mancini.

When I changed out my pulleys for March pulleys, put the Fluidampr on, and the summit alt bracket, I had to space the waterpump pulley and the alt bracket. I think I spaced the alt bracket 1/2". I used some spacers that are sold for motorcycle building.

mopardude318, I swear I saw spacers on yours in the pics you posted on the other thread. You sure didn't have to space it?

Looking at it again, it almost looks like your waterpump pulley is spaced out a little. If it is spaced, would it line up with the second groove on the crank if you took out the spacer, and take the spacers out of the alt bracket?

Abodyjoe hit it right on the head and that's what I thought to....you pulleys are wrong for your application....you should be running on the back groove on the alternator pulley....your water pump pulley groove is not far enough back..I have a black non-ac water pump pulley that is yours if you pay the postage...

Looking at it again, it almost looks like your waterpump pulley is spaced out a little. If it is spaced, would it line up with the second groove on the crank if you took out the spacer, and take the spacers out of the alt bracket?
Well that's the problem, no spacer on the water pump pulley. Is the alt pulley suppose to go to the 2nd groove crank pulley or third groove. I might need deeper water pump pulley. and go to 2nd groove crank.

Well that's the problem, no spacer on the water pump pulley. Is the alt pulley suppose to go to the 2nd groove crank pulley or third groove. I might need deeper water pump pulley. and go to 2nd groove crank.

how many grooves are on your crank pulley. like i said the problem is your water pump pulley. its A/C pulley depth you need a non- A/C pulley. and yes a non a/c car is supposed to run on the rear groove of that alt. pulley. look at the pics i posted above.

what brand pulleys are they? what application did you order them for??

sounds like you have 3 grooves on the crank.. if so its not gonna be right with out A/C on the car.

here is what it should be:

with A/C- two belts go from the crank (rear two grooves) to the A/C compressor, to the alt. then a single belt goes from the front groove on the crank to the water pump then to the power steering pump. see the picture from the service manual.

pulley068.jpg

Moroso Performance PN 63815 Billet Bracket Set says it can be mounted on either side of the engine.

Thanks. It's a little pricey but hey... I'll have a lifetime supply of bolts and spacers on hand LOL

a non A/C car would have a two groove pulley on the crank and a deep water pump pulley.

one belt on the rear groove of the crank would goto the water pump then to the rear groove of the alt. then for the power steering it would be a single belt from the front crank groove to the power steering pump. thats it..

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02500.jpg

DSC02501.jpg

dartparts037.jpg

dartparts038.jpg

the problem is ya can't just change the water pump pulley. the a/c and non-a/c water pump pulleys are a different diameter. the non-a/c water pump pulley is larger and will hit a a/c crank pulley.

-
Back