Super B wing on Dart ????

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
The body shop that is doing some touch up work on our Duster has a 72 Dart in the shop , The owner of the shop asked me if I had ever seen a Dart with a Super Bird wing on the back of it . The owner of the Dart has asked the body shop if they could fab one up and stick it on it. I told him that Iv'e never seen one but that I would ask you guys. It's a really clean looking Dart and I would hate to see it get jacked up by putting this style of a wing on it but to each their own , I guess. What do you think. Ill post some pics when it gets further along.

Bob

are you talking about a super bird wing ? if so , i think it would look hideous but , then again, ive never seen one on a duster

here is a 1970 go-wing available on all 1970 B & E Bodies and some A bodies including the super bee. a slightly different style was available for 1971 commonly referred to as a "gull wing".

Attachments

• d222.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 811
  • doc29.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 812
sound like i would need a graphic rendering.That being said its your car how do you feel about it.You will be the one everyone will be asking why?What were you thinking .

I thing that if done right you may be starting new ground rules.

I'm talking about the one that is 3 to 4 foot tall wing.

Bob

personally , if the guy is calling it a superbee wing and not what it really is, i wouldnt go any further on the subject IMO

they were 69 daytona and 70 superbird exclusively, and were different styles, the bird wing is more swept

it would be interesting to see

Attachments

• wing1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 690
  • wing2.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1,189
The guy at the body shop doesnt reall want to do it and thats why he asked me to post this up for every bodies opinion. He figures that if I get enough replys he will turn the owner on to this post and let him read it, and then decide, the body shop owner is no fool ,he says he can make it look good but there is still that question that will come up " where in the hell did you get that thing .

Tell that body shop to stop working on mopars.

Thanks mopardrt

I think there might be some misplaced hatred on the shop here. the way i read it is that the shop owner asked the o.p. if he had ever seen one on a dart. and there is a third party that owns the dart that is in the shop and is requesting that the shop do the work. sounds like the shop owner isnt to keen on doing it because he doesnt want the darts owner to go around telling people his shop put a superbird wing on the car, he doesnt want that sort of advertisment.

the o.p. is a middle man bringing the shop owners question of the dart owners request.

In short, tell the Darts owner to sell the dart. he has no business owning a mopar...

Seems like I saw one on a notchback barracuda some years ago in a magazine and for some reason I think it was green in color. I think ithe wing was scaled down to fit the car. I can't say it looked stellar.....:wack:

I have always thought the swinger and the 68-70 charger had a lot of similare stylings from the side.I also wandered if someone did a general lee swinger if the general public would even know the difference.So I'm interested to see how this turns out,that being said I think the daytona and superbird were and still is a preference that alot of ppl don't like so he may get into ppl not liking it just because they don't like the wing anyways.If he does it post the pics,like said I'm interested to see how this turns out.

There is someone on this forum who has such a wing... i think it might be on a dart-charger? But I could be wrong. Not gonna lie, I thought it looked pretty awesome, but I've always been a fan of the wings.

There is someone on this forum who has such a wing... i think it might be on a dart-charger? But I could be wrong. Not gonna lie, I thought it looked pretty awesome, but I've always been a fan of the wings.
ya on a really rare car like the Daytona and superbird

Hey 65 Valiant, you hit this right on the head, its exactly like you posted. this body shop does quality work and Im sure if this Dart does come out with a wing on it it will look good but just not what I would put on it. But hey everybody has a right to their own opinion,so fire away.

Years ago there was a guy that made a dart in to a mini superbird. The Dart is like a 3/4 scale road runner so why not?

Here yha go, and a duster too.

Attachments

• bird1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 754
  • bird2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 598
  • aeroduster.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 632
I really don't know what to say about that Duster but would be very interesting to see it in a wind tunnel and how it preformed.

I think there might be some misplaced hatred on the shop here. the way i read it is that the shop owner asked the o.p. if he had ever seen one on a dart. and there is a third party that owns the dart that is in the shop and is requesting that the shop do the work. sounds like the shop owner isnt to keen on doing it because he doesnt want the darts owner to go around telling people his shop put a superbird wing on the car, he doesnt want that sort of advertisment.

the o.p. is a middle man bringing the shop owners question of the dart owners request.

In short, tell the Darts owner to sell the dart. he has no business owning a mopar...
I completely misread it too- thanks for clearing that up.

...and I agree with the last part lol.

I completely misread it too- thanks for clearing that up.

...and I agree with the last part lol.

he has no business owning a mopar because he wants to put a mopar wing on his mopar? Just because it's bigger than the one they typically used?

Does that mean all the people who put things bigger than a 340/360 in their dusters/darts have no business owning mopars? D:

-
Back