Super Hydrophobic Coating - Absolutely Amazing!

-

Idaho

Reaction score
http://www.neverwet.com/index.php

Look through the menu and watch the videos. You WILL be impressed.
This is a totally revolutionary product.
A spray can version is to be made available mid 2012.
The applications are infinite.
I'd like to see an entire car sprayed with it.

Cool looking product. I wonder how long it lasts and if it leaves a film on your windshield when you use your wipers like Rain-X does.

Jack

I think the guys in the black Suburbans must have gotten to this company!! There hasn't been any new news on this product since last year, and they don't answer any questions about their product on their own Facebook page.

Can you imagine the uses and implications of this product. Cell phones that aren't ruined with a drop or two of water?!? Shoes and jackets that won't get wet?!? Are you kidding me?!? I bet a lot of companies don't want this product coming to market!!! Scotchguard (3M) and Gore Tex come to mind...

I think the guys in the black Suburbans must have gotten to this company!! There hasn't been any new news on this product since last year, and they don't answer any questions about their product on their own Facebook page.

Can you imagine the uses and implications of this product. Cell phones that aren't ruined with a drop or two of water?!? Shoes and jackets that won't get wet?!? Are you kidding me?!? I bet a lot of companies don't want this product coming to market!!! Scotchguard (3M) and Gore Tex come to mind...

Or they went back to the drawing board because it didnt work as well as they thought?

No MSDS sheet on it so I wonder if it's not approved or safe for the public.

Thinking about how do you get it off of your skin?

No MSDS sheet on it so I wonder if it's not approved or safe for the public.

Thinking about how do you get it off of your skin?

Hehe, stole Me thunder cuda'
Yep no MSDS...
Gloves on all hands in the vids...

Me thinks the product ? is teflon on steroids ? , surface tension of organic based liquids negated by a 'fill all the gaps' chemical formula.

From the vids, 'blocking organic based liquids' from without certainly would imply 'blocking organic based liquids' from within trying to get out.

Hey its the new secret ingredient in Your deodorant...

I jest Guys & Gals I jest.

Cool post Idaho THX !!!

You're welcome.
I imagine there are some hurdles regarding government regulation.
I wonder too what it costs to produce.

The white shoes in the mud demo is awesome!

I agree the makers of some other products like Scotch Guard are not happy.
This one should have way more applications.
Buy stock in the company NOW lol.

Wonder if that would have engine applications, like crankshaft, interior of block and heads for oil return? Does Spray paint roll off it, That would be some funny stuff watching a tagger being dumbfounded on why his "burner" aint sticking...

I wonder what would happen if a guy were to coat the bottom of a boat with this stuff...

I wonder what would happen if a guy were to coat the bottom of a boat with this stuff...

If snow skis, swimsuits, etc.. get faster, sports applications alone would earn a fortune.
Its the next WD-40 !

Wonder if that would have engine applications, like crankshaft, interior of block and heads for oil return? Does Spray paint roll off it, That would be some funny stuff watching a tagger being dumbfounded on why his "burner" aint sticking...

You know what else works well for those taggers?

One of them tagged the door on one of my grandfather's garages, just a name. So when I was there getting some wheels for one of my cars, I grabbed a rattle can off the shelf and "corrected" his tag.

It did say something like Viro.... I changed it to "Viro sucks big juicy ****" :D And then I parked my truck at a friend's house, walked back to the garage, snuck inside and waited... 1am rolls around and I hear someone complaining and ranting followed by "rattle rattle rattle" (hmmm, sounds like a paint can). I grabbed an 8.75" Axleshaft off the shelf and threw the garage door open quickly.

The guy on the other side looked like he crapped himself, the paint can dropped to the ground and he took off running. No one has tagged that garage door since then. I've since repainted the whole door, and it's stayed clean.

NeverWet has its first product available, you can get it at Home Depot. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, should be interesting. I don't think it will work all that well on glass since it does't sound like it's completely clear and would probably leave the glass hazy. Looks like Rust-Oleum saw a promising technology and bought in on the company. Worth a try.

Attachments

• NeverWet.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 178
-
Back