Super Stock Seat Brackets Anyone??

-

ardentindustries

Reaction score
Hey all,
Lets see how much interest there are in these...I was lucky enough to have a fellow member send me the detailed dimensions, so I drew them up in SW real quick. Tell me what you think. According to the dimensions, the brackets are a mirror image of each other...is this correct? Tell me what you think. I personally dont like the placement of the holes, and would put a hole in the gussets, but this is how the original's were, so this is how I will build them. Hoping to have a quote by tomorrow, if not Monday for sure. I'll probably do lots of 10 at a time.
Thanks in advance.

SSSB1.jpg

SSSB2.jpg

SSSB3.jpg

SSSB4.jpg

Geez...not even one person would be interested in these? From other threads I have read, I thought they would be a hot ticket item...maybe not.

What will the price be.There is no reason to have them unless you want to look like a original SS car.they are not good for everyday driving{no adjustably.Mark

I wonder if they would work with adjustable summit high back racing seats in A body cars since the seats can be adjustable with sliders.

Would these set the this type of seat too high?

I wonder if they would work with adjustable summit high back racing seats in A body cars since the seats can be adjustable with sliders.

Would these set the this type of seat too high?

Exactly my question too, as I want to get the Super Stock look but use some ProCar seats I've already bought. There's another FABO member that had made these in the past. We've talked about him making a shorter-height SS-looking bracket if necessary to allow the use of my already-purchased seats and fit my 6'-3" height in my '69 Dart.

I would be interested. I past on a pair at the US131 dragstrip swap meet last year ans should have picked them up. i dont remember tha asking price, but i think they were pricey

Im going to try to do a set of 4 for $200 or less. I should have a quote on Monday. I will need to order at least 10 at a time to get some sort of quantity discount.

I could probably make a shorter set of their was enough interest...couple clicks of the mouse, and the dimensions can be changed. They would have to be a set lower height though...I cant make a different height for everyone. So something like stock height, and then -2" or something along those lines.

i'd be interested if i go with aftermarket seats. i have these --- adjustable summit high back racing seats in A body cars since the seats can be adjustable with sliders

Exactly my question too, as I want to get the Super Stock look but use some ProCar seats I've already bought. There's another FABO member that had made these in the past. We've talked about him making a shorter-height SS-looking bracket if necessary to allow the use of my already-purchased seats and fit my 6'-3" height in my '69 Dart.

we started making out brackets 1" shorter as with a cage your head hits the roof support (with a helmet) and your looking at the roll bar lol...

also good luck trying to get a lower price than ours... we have to get about 25 at a time and were really good buds with the guy that does them...

http://www.ssandafx.com/prod.html

id be in for a set if ya can get em for 200 or less. im pusha for ya, brotha! hope ya make it!

I like them... I might be selling my 68 stock dart seats and getting some after market high back seats and thesE would work great.

The verdict is in...I can sell a set of 4 brackets for $200, plus shipping. Only down side is I have to order 10 assemblys at a time...so I may as well just order 12, and make it an even 3 pair. I have one guy on board already. Let me know if you are interested. By the way, for now, these are only for the A-body brackets...hope to have B-body brackets soon.
Thanks.

Ok, I need one more person onboard, and I will have these made up. If interested, please let me know. Thanks.

Everyone was interested until it was time to buy? LOL. Come on guys...one more guy on board and I'll have these made up. Let me know.

Anyone interested in these still? I just had another batch made, and had a few guys flake from other forums. I have 4 sets available now. Please email me directly if interested:

[email protected]

Thanks !

The fly-in-the-ointment with these is that if you're that interested in doing a S/S type car chances are you have enough basic fabrication skills to make your own. I did & it actually cost me about $45.

Ha, easy to say you can make them for $45. I've made them before and sure the material is cheap but you need access to a folder for nice folds and also access to a Tig to weld in your support gussets. Also a couple of different size hole saws. Then if you want them nice, you need to polish them. The last set I did was a custom height and seat location. Price ??? $450 and that was a lot cheaper than the other prices he got..

-
Back