Super Stock Springs and Rear End Questions

-
That could be it. Just have the full weight of the car on the suspension. A tire in may hinder a pair of nut tightening

You have S/S springs in there now?
Could you take clearer pictures of the rear again as well as the front spring hanger?

Here's a couple pictures. Just tried the crowd bar and loosening and retorqing with full weight on and nothing. Same thing. Bolts are in shackles because the SS springs needed larger bushings. Could it be because I'm using the 7.25 rear end?

IMG_20171017_1247158.jpg

IMG_20171017_1240044.jpg

Does anyone know what length of driveshaft?

Also, is the reason the nuts on the shackles are facing outward is to torque them properly?

Once everything is where you want it, measure for drive shaft length, then you can get yours cut and balanced if needed.

I could have gone off other peoples' measurements, or the technical information printed by chrysler, but I am getting mine together and measuring TWICE, cutting ONCE.

I see the issue more clearly now. How is the height of the car? Sit higher than before? I bought SS springs, and they were flat. Which made them longer than stock. I took them off. Try taking off the shackle mount at the frame, and put some washers between the frame, and the upper shackle mount. This will move the upper mount forward, and hopefully some room for the shackle. If it works, make a plate spacer of the same thickness as the washers, get some longer bolts to mount it, and done.
Don't try to adjust the torsion bars with the car weight on them. You will break the adjusting bolts. Since you're trying to unscrew the torsion bolts, make sure you lube the bolt above the adjuster, so it pulls the lube into the adjuster as you unscrew it.

Passenger bolt adjuster moves, drivers is seized :(. Gotta work it a bit, and yes weight was off the front.

I think the springs are longer, unfortunately. Did you make a spacer? If so, what size?

Are these bolts coarse or fine thread?

Here's a couple pictures. Just tried the crowd bar and loosening and retorqing with full weight on and nothing. Same thing. Bolts are in shackles because the SS springs needed larger bushings. Could it be because I'm using the 7.25 rear end?

View attachment 1715101175

View attachment 1715101176
The size rear end has nothing to do with this.
The angle of the shackles is correct in direction. But I do see there touching the bracket. How hard is it resting on the bracket?
You don’t need a spacer at the front of the spring. According to how I seen your first pucture, that was the thinking. It is now clear in the picture that it is NOT what I thought.

Double check the front spring hanger as to make sure it is actually flush against the mounting surface and fully secured flat against the body where it meets.

The only other thing I can think of is slightly worn out springs starting to sag.
Or bent body.

Passenger bolt adjuster moves, drivers is seized :(. Gotta work it a bit, and yes weight was off the front.
Are these bolts coarse or fine thread?
Fine thread IIRC

Keep soaking the bolt from the top down over and over. Smash are for shock value as to losses up the bolt. Help free it from rust on the bolt and adjuster nut. A Sacrificial socket over the bolt head and a baby sledgehammer strike can help with a direct shock value to lossen/free the bolt.

Fine thread IIRC

Keep soaking the bolt from the top down over and over. Smash are for shock value as to losses up the bolt. Help free it from rust on the bolt and adjuster nut. A Sacrificial socket over the bolt head and a baby sledgehammer strike can help with a direct shock value to lossen/free the bolt.

Sorry I meant are the rear mount bolts course or fine thread. And the female end is a tapped frame I'm assuming?
Those bolt heads look.... Unhealthy....

The size rear end has nothing to do with this.
The angle of the shackles is correct in direction. But I do see there touching the bracket. How hard is it resting on the bracket?
You don’t need a spacer at the front of the spring. According to how I seen your first pucture, that was the thinking. It is now clear in the picture that it is NOT what I thought.

Double check the front spring hanger as to make sure it is actually flush against the mounting surface and fully secured flat against the body where it meets.

The only other thing I can think of is slightly worn out springs starting to sag.
Or bent body.

Front hangers are flush to the steel frame and torqued tight.

The driver shackle is just about to touch, passenger is touching a little.

I think the springs are slightly longer because they weren't even used much. Almost all the paint was still on them, even has the mopar barcode sticker in near perfect state.

Did you buy your S/S springs and from who? The S/S springs should lift the rear up some and the passenger side should sit about 1" higher

Did you buy your S/S springs and from who? The S/S springs should lift the rear up some and the passenger side should sit about 1" higher

I bought them second hand. I believe they were on a duster for a brief time. I did notice the rear end lift 1.5 to 2 inches easy when the car lowered. It actually showed how jacked the front is too.

I bought them second hand. I believe they were on a duster for a brief time. I did notice the rear end lift 1.5 to 2 inches easy when the car lowered. It actually showed how jacked the front is too.
Passenger side higher than driver side? Just asking to make sure they are S/S springs

Yes....but not at the front....because of the height adjusters lol
So to be clear, the S/S springs are installed and are higher at the rear of the spring but not at the front of the spring because of the adjusters?

That’s how I read it.

So to be clear, the S/S springs are installed and are higher at the rear of the spring but not at the front of the spring because of the adjusters?

That’s how I read it.

Lol I suck.

Here it is in a nutshell :
-SS springs installed and newish
-car lifted about 2 inches in rear
- shackles hit frame
-front mounts are good to body
-front end is up 3-4 inches ( instead of the stock 2 inches) so not sure if that will affect the rear end with the shackles
- tried lowering it, passenger will lower, drivers is seized at the moment
-rear end sat perfect on springs, everything else lined up and bolted in perfectly
-

OH! LMAO! OK!

The “Adjusters” are that raise and lower the front end of the car. Somehow I was reading it as they were (also?) on the front spring hanger. Ha ha ha ...

Do you have frame connectors installed?

OH! LMAO! OK!

The “Adjusters” are that raise and lower the front end of the car. Somehow I was reading it as they were (also?) on the front spring hanger. Ha ha ha ...

Do you have frame connectors installed?

No, no frame connectors installed. Car is pretty straight. Everything opens and closes very nicely and it drove straight as well, at least it did with the old flat springs

I removed the springs to check the length and they are about an inch longer on the driver and 2 inches or so out on the passenger. (ripping hair out now).
data online from year one, mancini, etc. state its the same dimension, so maybe they are de-arched?

-
Back