Super Stock Springs/Ride Height

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get some opinions/pictures. I changed my wheels/tire combination last year (15 inch BBP) and naturally I tried to get as much tire in the rear as I could. Well the net result was that I only have enough tire to wheel well lip clearance to put my small finger in between.

So I removed the stock 340 springs and ordered what I thought was stock replacements to try to raise the rear a bit to get the wheel well lip a little higher on the curvature of the the tire. These springs did lift the car but not enough. So I just ordered a set of 3400 pound super stock springs. I was told that they would raise the rear ride height 2 about inches. My question is does anybody know how stiff the ride will be and does anyone have pictures of their Dart with them on. I have attached a pic to this post and I will take better ones later.

P.S. The brand new stock replacements will be available for sale later if anyone is interested.

Thanks For Your Help Guys

Glenn

IMG_0478 LR.JPG

IMG_0481 LR.JPG

IMG_0492 LR.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_2998 LR.JPG

Did you consider new front hangers with adjustable hole settings where you could drop the springs down in front. Two inches there is 1 inch ride heighth

Yes,by the looks of your car it could be dropped in the front 1-2 inches giving you some adde height in the rear.

Superstock springs will probably set your car a little higher. They`re preloaded so the right side will be a tad bit higher than the left.

SS springs could make your car much higher in back (but I have seen the amount of lift to be inconsistent) and give a stiffer ride. They are, by design a drag racing spring.

The car will have a very stiff rear end will ride like a 3/4 ton pickup, but it will hook.

Ask me how I know.

The car will have a very stiff rear end will ride like a 3/4 ton pickup, but it will hook.

Ask me how I know.

Hi Cudaspaz,

Well I was hoping to avoid the stiff ride. I need to get a couple of inches of lift in the rear and I don't want to go with air shocks because they will ruin your upper shock mounts. I also considered the extended shackles but never liked that look. At least the super stocks will help me at the track. the springs I removed from the car were factory 340 6 leafs so I'm hoping that the ride won't be too much harsher.

I've never heard about the adjustable front hangers. Where can they be ordered from?

mancini racing has them.
I run them on my valiant with 3000lb ss springs. they will drop you 1 inch.

consider you may have to do a 'cut & roll' on the rear end to get the pinion angle correct, as in cut off the pearches, buy new ones and weld them on after rolling the rear to obtain the correct pinion angle.

snug down the u bolts and lower it down to check before final weld.

Looks like you got them swapped. The Right side should be higher than the left, looks like your left is higher.

Looks like you got them swapped. The Right side should be higher than the left, looks like your left is higher.

if you read the whole thread you would, like the rest of us, come to the conclusion that he has not installed the SS springs.

odd #'s for L, even #'s for R, if I remember right.

mancini racing has them.
I run them on my valiant with 3000lb ss springs. they will drop you 1 inch.

consider you may have to do a 'cut & roll' on the rear end to get the pinion angle correct, as in cut off the pearches, buy new ones and weld them on after rolling the rear to obtain the correct pinion angle.

snug down the u bolts and lower it down to check before final weld.
Don't bother with all the cutting and rewelding...use Wedges/shims IF you have to change your pinion angle due to ride height

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get some opinions/pictures. I changed my wheels/tire combination last year (15 inch BBP) and naturally I tried to get as much tire in the rear as I could. Well the net result was that I only have enough tire to wheel well lip clearance to put my small finger in between.

So I removed the stock 340 springs and ordered what I thought was stock replacements to try to raise the rear a bit to get the wheel well lip a little higher on the curvature of the the tire. These springs did lift the car but not enough. So I just ordered a set of 3400 pound super stock springs. I was told that they would raise the rear ride height 2 about inches. My question is does anybody know how stiff the ride will be and does anyone have pictures of their Dart with them on. I have attached a pic to this post and I will take better ones later.

P.S. The brand new stock replacements will be available for sale later if anyone is interested.

Thanks For Your Help Guys

Glenn

View attachment 137894

View attachment 137895

View attachment 137896

View attachment 137897

View attachment 137898
In those pics the springs are on the wrong side.
The driver should be lower so when the engine torque is applied it moves the body to the pass side to apply load equally for proper weight loading.

Hi Cudaspaz,

Well I was hoping to avoid the stiff ride. I need to get a couple of inches of lift in the rear and I don't want to go with air shocks because they will ruin your upper shock mounts. I also considered the extended shackles but never liked that look. At least the super stocks will help me at the track. the springs I removed from the car were factory 340 6 leafs so I'm hoping that the ride won't be too much harsher.
My 68 has 6cyl bars and ss springs.
Ride is very nice. 9.5" 14s on the rear drag radials. USCT spring perches. They can set you up right.

55889.jpeg

55887.jpeg

-
Back