Superbird or Daytona?

What do you perfer the Daytona or Superbird?

• Dodge Charger Daytona

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • Plymouth Superbird

Votes: 89 51.4%

• Total voters
-
Have to say Daytona . Yeah , the King drove a 'bird . But , he left Plymouth because of the DAYTONA that he saw . They didn't slop it together like they did on the 'bird . Thousands of engineering hours went into creating that car , as opposed to Plymouth throwing stuff together to get Petty back . And the fenders aren't Coronet , they are 70 Charger . The 'bird has Coronet fenders and hacked up Coronet hood on it . At least Dodge stayed with Dodge . Plymouth still had to steal from Dodge to finish their Frankenstein
You're right about the Superbird using Coronet fenders/hood. My mistake. Another strike against the Superbird, I guess.

I like daytona's so much I am planning on building one. I like the nose better and I hate vinyl roofs.

The Daytona has a smaller grille than the Superbird, even though both have overheat problems in hot summer weather when idling. Both need a larger grille with more airflow to keep them from overheating.

Still,The body was the first to go 200 @the track. It was banned @ nascrap for an unfair advantage, (not the first time if you remember the turbine car). At 7 I just liked the blue 43, and Dad drove Plymouths. And didn't Dodge steal a few ideas from Plymouth back in the day?

Super bird vote here, don't recall seeing any Daytona's in OZ.

Nascar effectily banned the 62 Pymouth Valiant Hyper pak also, just too good, 7 of the top 10 were normally a Hyper pak, so the series was canned!

The only way I could afford EITHER would be to clone it, & It would be way easier/cheaper to find a decent 70 satellite for the donor car than a 69 charger. besides who cares if you modify a satellite. I'd ditch the vinyl top & paint the sucker Petty Blue, & who doesn't love the "beep beep" horn?

-
Back