Superbird or Daytona?

What do you perfer the Daytona or Superbird?

• Dodge Charger Daytona

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • Plymouth Superbird

Votes: 89 51.4%

• Total voters
-
29978518.jpeg

atleast dodge finished the body work on the roof and window plug. unlike plymouth that said lets put a vinyl top on to hide the mess..

Daytona, but it only comes down to little differences really- both are just really cool automotive statements.

I know (fanofpetty)John's bird real well and its sweet car and I have been around a few others over the years.When I was a young kid my parents owned a 69 GTO vert and we had the top down every chance we could.But I remember my first Bird sighting and it was a white bird that rolled up to the light next to us,left a lasting impression to say the least.I know that I have a real soft spot for the Charger Daytona as I would love to build a clone custom as I would love to put my own little bit into it.I did vote for the Daytona because IF and a BIG IF I had the $$$$ and a choice?I would take the Daytona.Plus it would look great sitting next to my 93 Daytona Iroc R/T.
Doug

atleast dodge finished the body work on the roof and window plug. unlike plymouth that said lets put a vinyl top on to hide the mess..
This right here is why I'd have to vote Daytona. There are several design cues I like better about the Superbird---the more steep angle on the wing verticals, the better fit/finish of the nose to the fenders, the blackout treatment on the nose, the more aesthetic grill placement on the Superbird, the fact that the Road Runner Superbird actually uses Road Runner fenders while the Charger Daytona uses Coronet fenders---but the vinyl-top hack to manage the rear window plug just kills it for me. My relative dislike of vinyl-top cars wins out, particularly when the vinyl top is used as a band-aid.

Back when I read Hot-Rod before it really started to suck, someone did a Superbird hardtop with a properly-done rear window treatment. It was perfect. Of course, it was a one-of-none car.

If i was in the 70 i would have bought one, same with the 70 Charger 500.

I had a '70 Charger 500 and it wasn't anything special 'aero' wise - it was just a trim option between the base Charger and the Charger R/T. It still had the standard recessed grill and tunnelled backlight.
The '69 Charger 500 was the pre-Daytona aero package with the flush Coronet grill and the flush backlight glass.
Charger Daytona would be my wing car of choice.

Why of course, the original Winged Warrior, Charger Daytona!
No vinyl top here baby!

You sure all you did was "sit" in it? Maybe that's why he sold it. :sign5:

Wylde1.

Now thats funny:D
I will say I have been a very lucky guy to have met so many over the years.
Doug

Superbird-Just partial to Plymouth's

Have to say Daytona . Yeah , the King drove a 'bird . But , he left Plymouth because of the DAYTONA that he saw . They didn't slop it together like they did on the 'bird . Thousands of engineering hours went into creating that car , as opposed to Plymouth throwing stuff together to get Petty back . And the fenders aren't Coronet , they are 70 Charger . The 'bird has Coronet fenders and hacked up Coronet hood on it . At least Dodge stayed with Dodge . Plymouth still had to steal from Dodge to finish their Frankenstein

Have to say Daytona . Yeah , the King drove a 'bird . But , he left Plymouth because of the DAYTONA that he saw . They didn't slop it together like they did on the 'bird . Thousands of engineering hours went into creating that car , as opposed to Plymouth throwing stuff together to get Petty back . And the fenders aren't Coronet , they are 70 Charger . The 'bird has Coronet fenders and hacked up Coronet hood on it . At least Dodge stayed with Dodge . Plymouth still had to steal from Dodge to finish their Frankenstein

Still,The body was the first to go 200 @the track. It was banned @ nascrap for an unfair advantage, (not the first time if you remember the turbine car). At 7 I just liked the blue 43, and Dad drove Plymouths. And didn't Dodge steal a few ideas from Plymouth back in the day?

-
Back