Superbird or Daytona?

What do you perfer the Daytona or Superbird?

• Dodge Charger Daytona

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • Plymouth Superbird

Votes: 89 51.4%

• Total voters
-
Regardless of which one you choose, it needs to have a Hemi in it! Beside nothing sounds better then a Hemi Superbird!!!

I like them both, but if I had to choose, it would be the Superbird. I think that it shows Plymouth's committment to getting it done in a short period of time. They dragged their feet getting into the aerowars. The Superbird was nothing but a cut up hacked out slapped together modified Road Runner. The Daytona was a purpose built separate model. Because of that fact, to me, the Superbird has more "lore" if you will. More mystique. That and of course Plymouth and Petty were synomonous. :)

Like all so called polls and statistics, your poll is biased. There is no correct answer.

The CORRECT answer is "neither of the above."

The "nose" cars were some of the ugliest on the planet. If Ma would have bothered to REALLY design the front of the car as such, they might have had a chance, but adding six feet of crap onto what used to be a passenger car does not make a Starfighter.

In other words, Ma didn't put lipstick on a pig, they hung a pig onto something that should've been left alone.

I'll NEVER understand why these got to be worth so much money. For me, a stock 70 RR/ GTX is MUCH better looking than one of these damn things

They were built and sold for street use only SO THEY WOULD MEET NASCAR RULES, to use them on the race track. they didn't build them for you to like, they built them to RACE. many got the nose and wing removed and made back into regular cars just so the dealer could sell them. The Charger 500 wasn't a pretty car with the coronet grill but it was faster than the stock charger.

purpose built car, made to go faster than any other stock car

a little over 1900 superbirds and just about 500 Daytona's

one reason that you don't see or hear as much about the Dodge

I like them both, have only been able to drive a bird but have a few friends with Daytona's

but there are a few other cars that would be ahead of a wing car if money were no object

Like all so called polls and statistics, your poll is biased. There is no correct answer.

The "nose" cars were some of the ugliest on the planet. If Ma would have bothered to REALLY design the front of the car as such, they might have had a chance, but adding six feet of crap onto what used to be a passenger car does not make a Starfighter.

In other words, Ma didn't put lipstick on a pig, they hung a pig onto something that should've been left alone.

I'll NEVER understand why these got to be worth so much money. For me, a stock 70 RR/ GTX is MUCH better looking than one of these damn things
I'll NEVER understand how people think it's ugly. To me it's one of the coolest designs out there and it looks amazing. But everybody is entitled to there opinion.

i picked the superbird! there are just a few subtleties in the body that i like more. example the scoop behind the doors. there are others too.

bird is the word....butt i like the daytona a lil better.

i agree 100%.. both are ugly as hell...

I love them both but would go with the Daytona because of the rareity. With only 503 built I doubt I will ever own a real one. I would proudly own either cars!

I like the look of the Bird better. I do not care to own either.

Ha,as wildcat said they were built for nascar and you had to built at least 50 to run it in nascar so they did and won unrestricted "DAYTONA" first 3 spots and went on the be banned by nascar for being too fast so no "MA" know exactly what was going on.The general public didn't have much care for them at the time but it really wasn't about them.

My father owned a plymouth. The perfect wing warrior IMO would be the daytona with superbird rear clip

i like the superbird better,then again i like the 70 road runner better than the charger,the charger just looks alot longer....:violent1:

-
Back