Susie R/T

-
the grille really looks different once i took the 500 emblem off ....now i need to order an R/T emblem.

Attachments

• CIMG2392.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 570
  • CIMG2395.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 591
  • $T2eC16J,!yEE9s5jDYfoBP81cvlNh!~~60_1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 574
  • 1968_dodge_coronet_rt_02-vi.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 584
Looking good Rani. Must be a blast playing with a car that sat for that long and hearing it come back to life. Keep up the great work and in no time at all you will be driving her around.

It will look amazingly better without the woodgrain . Are you going with the original color ?

It will look amazingly better without the woodgrain . Are you going with the original color ?

not sure about the color im thinking F8 green, hemi orange, X9 Black, or Y2 Yellow.

not sure but i definately dont like the original color. i was leaning strong towards F8 green or Black......a stripe is highly unlikely, but maybe.

the Y2 yellow is my favorite color but thats also the same color my dart is going, so i dont want too many yellow cars even though that is by far my favorite

Attachments

• dodge-coronet1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 585
  • PP68Coronet37.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 565
  • 138094_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 566
  • 1968_dodge_coronet_rt_01.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 582
F8 is beautiful, and subdued. Should be a tasty choice. Had a F8 Dart ,years ago. Nice choice.

I'm a green freak! I also love the yellow with a black and white interior.....that's the cleanest look! But since yours is tan, I think the green would rock! That's cool, you're really tearing into it! :cheers:

Sure you don't wanna make a "Day-clona" wagon now?? :D

The green would be killer . 85% of all the Mopars I've owned have been some shade of green . But with the F8 shade , you need to have really straight bodywork . It shows flaws almost as bad as black .

Looking great Rani, I agree on removing all the wood grain and you did a great job on
removing the point's system :glasses7: keep on keeping on :cheers:
So I guess white would be out of the question ? We have a white one in town and it is beautiful :glasses7:

getting closer and closer to the goal .

i have never been soooo excited with a little piece of pot metal .

its a re-pop emblem from ebay and is not bad in quality .....it has a chrysler pentastar on the back which is odd for a re-pop ....at least i think its a re-pop.

now it needs to live up to the name and i need to get that 440 in there.

Attachments

• CIMG2402.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 498
  • CIMG2403.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 515
  • CIMG2406.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 499
sweet... sometimes repop stuff has the pentastar... my small bolt center caps are repops, but have the pentastar in them..

wow, love the 70 sport satellite wagon.

one thing have found odd about the coronet i thatits a factory roof rack delete car.

it makes me wonder how many came without it and wouldnt ppl of the late 60s and 70 wanted a car with the roof rack ....didnt ppl used to use them?

the good thing about no roof rack is no holes to leak water through....so the headliner is still real decent.

Love your wagon and DO NOT repair the cooling lines. It will upset the eco balance, ruin the ozone layer and dangerously tilt the earth on its' axis. Must go 4 Spd.

Roof Racks? My now 91 yr old dad would love your car and he used roof racks. 58 plymouth/dodge hemi wagon used an aftermarket roof rack for family vacations. 68 had factory roof rack, as did his 72 400/4bbl plymouth wagon. He often used them like a truck too, hauling sand, gravel etc. for home projects. I always cringed at that and yes, he replaced broken leaves several times.

I will be following your build. Good Luck

Looking good there Rani! I vote for the F8 green. Seems to me the B-Bodies always looked good in F8 green. Keep up the great work!
Steve~

I have never been soooo excited with a little piece of pot metal .

I know what you mean. It's nice to get a non-stop flow of little things in the mail like this, that supercharge your motivation yet don't take your legs out from under you in cost. I also like getting (and installing) H-4 headlights or cool little decals for the rear quarter windows, like this......

Scat-Pack-Decal.jpg

Let's have some Friday fun. Since this R/T is owned by Rani let's see what we can come up with as to what R/T should stand for?

Well, right about now, I'd say it's in Really/Tough shape... but once Rani/Tugs some dents out, and maybe Re/Transmissions the thing, it might turn out to be Reliable/Transportation!!! ;)
(not sexual inuendo)

Also, did they actually make R/T wagons?

Also also, I vote for green too... I think that wagon would look GREAT in green, maybe with a white or black roof...

- CK

Very cool thread Miss Rani. I will now be watching this one.

-
Back