Susie R/T

-
I love the Red Shifter Pool ball, is that staying that way?

No, that was just on the shifter when it came in the mail from Flea-bay ....the correct in 68 would be a woodgrain ball which is what I am fixin to buy and put on ......eventually.

even though its not an original build ....I am trying to keep it as 68 as possible.

This re-pop stuff sure is nice quality!!

As I said on book face ....if I were to value my time at $60. an hour ....I don't think I would be able to make these parts, this clean and coated in an hour. Especially the seat bracket where each one is different.

Its so worth the money to save a bunch of time and have a factory appearing car IMO

Attachments

• CIMG5451.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 417
  • CIMG5452.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 433
  • CIMG5453.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 442
This re-pop stuff sure is nice quality!!

As I said on book face ....if I were to value my time at $60. an hour ....I don't think I would be able to make these parts, this clean and coated in an hour. Especially the seat bracket where each one is different.

Its so worth the money to save a bunch of time and have a factory appearing car IMO

No doubt you could make 'functional' parts but probably not looking like those. I hate buying anything I can make, but I'd say good call buying the brackets.

Nice progress on the car. Gonna be one sweet wagon!

Not sure how I missed your wagon project, but now subscribed.

not that I didn't believe you but I found a 4.3 bearing retainer and tried it on my 4 gear and you are absolutely correct and this solves a lot of problems because I can just get a new bearing retainer in the size I need and not have to fiddle with mismatched bellhousings.

that's good stuff!

a little disappointing after I did some wire brushing on the floor .....the floors are rustier than I thought because I found some holes. :banghead: all under the dash #-o

Wiper pivot seals bad, heater core leak or both?

As usual, you do some great work my friend. It'd be a blast to turn a couple of wrenches with ya.

got the seat brackets in over the weekend .....running way behind schedule.

next are the console brackets ......takes forever to measure and measure ...mock up and measure some more before welding. There are no instructions so its kinda like your on your own when adding this stuff to a car.

The seat brackets from Columbia parts were real nice quality and went in relatively smooth except for the usual bend here and trim there.

Only one really fought me and I had to weld the hole shut and re-drill a new hole an inch from the hole it came with.

I imagine an inch is within tolerance on these mass produced floors.

Nice work,Rani.. Aftermarket quality restore parts,have come a long way,in the last decade.

i need to tune my machine in a bit better .....but for now

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbm6GXllBiw"]Guns N' Roses - Paradise City - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• CIMG5471.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 363
  • CIMG5470.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 366
  • CIMG5469.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 364
i would like to think the seats sit level with the seat brackets installed ...i am paranoid about this because i have seen cars at car shows and the seats have a lean towards the center .....i think a lot of people add bucket seats and forget the brackets.

I was using the tail gate as a visual straight edge

Also, you can always shim them on one side or the other . :):)

the seat brackets came from Columbia parts which I think is an Ebay store.

the brackets were nice IMO three went in with only minor bends and shaping....the drivers front took a bit more ....the hole was like 3/4 inch too far forward ...so I welded the hole shut and then re-drilled the hole where I wanted it.

I don't fault the parts maker because that is probably close to tolerance and I think its possible a fews car down the assembly would have been spot on with the hole they drilled in the first place.

Just glad this phase is done ...now to wrestle with the console brackets next

Attachments

• CIMG5460.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 333
  • CIMG5459.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 342
  • CIMG5458.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 347
well, I am still keeping at it .......except I am making changes.

I told myself to stay committed and not change the plan and see it to the end.....BUT....

The theme was based around the "bullitt" style wheel covers. They are available in 14 inch only.

the only reason I am making the upgrade now to 15 inch wheels is because I am making the car easily upgradable to a 426 HEMI in the next five years.

I have started saving and I am a 1/3 of the way there :D

so with this new idea in motion .....The Dana 60 is now required and buying the 4 speed was a waste because now I need an 18 spline which I have a line on one.

Torque boxes are now required even though I was going to install them even with the 440.

Three speed wipers are now in the plan to upgrade (three speed wiper motors were mandatory in HEMI cars because the 2 speed wiper motors wouldn't clear the air cleaner)

Don't be surprised if you see some darts or a duster go up for sale to make this happen sooner :???:

Attachments

• 68_Coronet0014.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 296
  • DCC-5249667AE_ml.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 296
  • d7a722d4f22cc219f97866db5110b639.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 275
Nice work, and awesome" heads up" , for further plans,young lady. Just don't make this, your whole life...

Susie R/T is coming along really good. An FYI on console brackets and such, a lot of times carmakers have dimples or othee markings stamped in the floors and such where stuff is supposed to go when being built with that option on the assembly line. You might be surprised to find dimples in the trans tunnel to approximate where the brackets are supposed to go. I think the brackets have slotted holes for the screws so if the bracket is slightly fore or aft the console will still screw in place.

I picked up a nice set of four 15x7 steelies from an 89 chrysler fifth avenue. They have the BBP and will fit the dodge hubcaps you want to use. Those caps would look good on your wagon. You got to watch at the pick and pull as that same wheel is also in a 15x6.

I got mine for $15 per wheel.

Fifth ave wheel 15x7 deep offset. I have since demounted and gotten rid of the tires, and scrubbed them clean. I still need to give them a dunk in the sandblast cabinet, and get a good primer coat on them.

Attachments

• 20151003_153414.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 20151003_161943.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 20151003_161948.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 215
-
Back