Sway bar on street strip car yes or no

-
Yeah, Sure. because the set up is all the same right? And it don’t matter what gender the driver is. FI
You obviously don't understand why a person would put one on so i'm tired of talking to hard heads.....

Obviously, in Drag circles they are marketing the bar in the back to help launching as an "Anti Roll Bar".

And most Musclecar and American Car circles, they are marketed as front or rear "Sway Bars".

Sway Bar = Anti Sway Bar = Anti Roll Bar. Are all interchangeable terms.

They all function is the same, just used for different purposes.

It's like someone calling a "Sure-Grip" a "Limited Slip". "Limited Slip" is not wrong. Or saying "Engine" vs "Motor"

In sports car racing and European car circle, it's more common to call them Anti Roll Bars.

upload_2022-6-20_17-21-45.png

DinanAntiRollBar.jpg

HowToMakeYourCarHandle.JPG

TuneToWin.JPG

Obviously, in Drag circles they are marketing the bar in the back to help launching as an "Anti Roll Bar".

And most Musclecar and American Car circles, they are marketed as front or rear "Sway Bars".

Sway Bar = Anti Sway Bar = Anti Roll Bar. Are all interchangeable terms.

They all function is the same, just used for different purposes.

It's like someone calling a "Sure-Grip" a "Limited Slip". Limited Slip is also right.

In sports car racing and European car circle, it's more common to call them Anti Roll Bars.

View attachment 1715944663

View attachment 1715944674

View attachment 1715944675

View attachment 1715944676
That is NOTHING like what is used on a drag car....and to be honest the point is moot because the OP said he is not going to put one on his car....or at least not until it is proven that it is needed and if that is the case the piece I am talking about is completely different from your examples.

That is NOTHING like what is used on a drag car....and to be honest the point is moot because the OP said he is not going to put one on his car....or at least not until it is proven that it is needed and if that is the case the piece I am talking about is completely different from your examples.

Yes I agree it's moot to the original poster. But that doesn't make it less confusing to others that read this and understand the terminology.

From the install article on the black 1960 Chevy: Understanding Drag Racing Rear Anti-Roll Bars

*with my notes in red bubbles

DragInstallation 1.jpg

DSC_03403-e1381907118884-400x270.jpg

This is another installation with the Bar mounted rigid to chassis in a drag chassis:

DragInstallation 2.jpg

This rear sway bar is hooked up just like the 1960 Chevy rear Anti Roll Bar in the 1st pic and link

HandlingInstallation 1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I agree it's moot to the original poster. But that doesn't make it less confusing to others that read this and understand the terminology.

From the install article on the black 1960 Chevy: Understanding Drag Racing Rear Anti-Roll Bars

*with my notes in red bubbles

This is another installation with the Bar mounted rigid to chassis in a drag chassis:

This rear sway bar is hooked up just like the 1960 Chevy rear Anti Roll Bar in the 1st pic and link

Oh my gosh I don't know what it is with you circle jerker type guys but there's something not aligned correctly upstairs.......NUMBER 1 and really all that needs to be said.....Mopars need this type setup the least of any manufacture out there.....PERIOD!!!!!!

Oh my gosh I don't know what it is with you circle jerker type guys but there's something not aligned correctly upstairs.......NUMBER 1 and really all that needs to be said.....Mopars need this type setup the least of any manufacture out there.....PERIOD!!!!!!

Weather he needs a sway bar or anti roll bar or whatever.... this statement is not right. There's no need to spread mis-information like this:

swaybar= swaybar…front or rear
Anti roll bar= specific drag racing heavy duty dedicated piece, rear only

Not everything in this hobby from YOUR point of view.

Weather he needs a sway bar or anti roll bar or whatever.... this statement is not right. There's no need to spread mis-information like this:

Not everything in this hobby from YOUR point of view.
It's from experience of myself and others I have been around.....PISS OFF WITH YOUR BULLSHIT TRYING TO ATTACK ME BECAIUSE ALL I TRY AND DO IS DIS SPELL THE INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF RIDICULOUS INFORMATION THAT'S SPREAD AROUND ON THIS PAGE BY A BUNCH OF DROOLING IDIOTS!!!!

Wow guys

I'm just going to say this.
Front end sway bar is detrimental to the launch of any drag cars, Period.
As the car gets faster there is benefits to a REAR sway bar.

I have not found it necessary to install one on my car.

A stock "handling" rear bar, no. There are drag racing rear bars, designed to eliminate twist on launch, but they seem to be used primarily on factory four link rear suspensions, (malibus, chevelles, fox mustangs, etc).
I don't think he needs one of those for a full culvert rear suspension either.....
but I would never give a flat-out NO, without knowing more about what his car is doing, or why he's asking. Maybe it leaves like that black 1960 impala?

but, Calvert offers one.

I don't know why we cannot just agree to disagree on some things. You run what you want on your car and I'll do the same. We're supposed to be like a family here. There's no sense or need in this infighting. It makes the whole forum look bad.

-
Back