'Swiss Made' Dodge Demon 340 Survivor

-
that interior is AWESOME! I too however must admit my skepticism about Recaro seats being factory, doesn't seem like the penny pinchers at corporate would go for that?? Either way, gorgeous car and congrats!!!!!

Some countries had laws in place about importing cars. They would have been shipped from the US incomplete because a certain amount of work had to be done inside the importing country to be 'legal'.

The cars shipped incomplete had the short VIN numbers.

Typically the interiors & lighting were two things that had to happen in the cars new country.

I've learned something new today! You must get a lot of comments/looks when driving the Duster and Demon. I know when I lived in Europe for 4 years the North American cars were few and far between.

Congrats Marvin!!! That's a great looking Demon & awesome find :thumbup:

Are those Marchal driving/fog lights in the front valance? Also, is that a door pull strap on the passenger door panel in your picture? It looks like it matches the upper rear strap where we have a coat hook instead.....

Just an all around cool car :cheers:

Are those Marchal driving/fog lights in the front valance? Also, is that a door pull strap on the passenger door panel in your picture? It looks like it matches the upper rear strap where we have a coat hook instead.....

Yes, these straps were factory installed.

If the fog lights are by MARCHAL or CIBIE I have to check, but in these years the french automotive industry were leading in 'Head-light-equipment', therefore I think it will be a french product...

Beautiful ride! I'd leave it just as it is, and preserve the day two look. I would say the hood scoops were not installed from the factory. They are mounted too far forward, but the hood pins look like they could be stock.

I checked it.

The fog lights are by CIBIE:

Attachments

• 11431247106_2299780f2b_m.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 202
^^^^A street view like that must turn some heads in Austria!!! It's cool to see 2 A-Bodies on the road together :D

I checked it.

The fog lights are by CIBIE:

Thanks for the follow up answer :thumbup:

^^^^A street view like that must turn some heads in Austria!!! It's cool to see 2 A-Bodies on the road together :D

Yeah. The feedback in general is quite good. People take pictures, are cheering and smiling when we drive by. The Demon is pretty loud, therfore the people like him especially. :D The hood on the photo is from a 1975 Buick LeSabre Survivor.

But this particular road was just built for cruising^^. Three to four lanes between monumental buildings:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MoyD84K_OM"]Joyride (Night Cruisin' - Duster 340, Dart GT, Charger, Barracuda Formula S, Buick LeSabre,...) - YouTube[/ame]
(1:15 you have a footage of the road where the picture was taken) From last year:glasses7:

that interior is AWESOME! I too however must admit my skepticism about Recaro seats being factory, doesn't seem like the penny pinchers at corporate would go for that?? Either way, gorgeous car and congrats!!!!!

Have to agree that that interior looks fantastic,the whole car looks great actualy:)
As for the seats i dont doubt them at all,i have seen that kind of seats before in a duster made in Switzerland.

As a fun fact my 73 Duster built for export at hamtrack has a 240Km/h speedometer aswell and some other fun options..

-
Back