switching from 68 to 73 will it work

-

ecurb

Reaction score
getting ready to rebuild my front end and wanted to know if I could order moog parts for a 73-76 design for my 68 barracuda. will this work?. have a manual gear box. ordered the 73 disc brake conversion. thanks for the help.

idler arm bushing k7049
pitman arm k7075
tie rod end ES401 R (2)
ES401 L (2)
tie rod adjusting sleeve ES319S (2)
idler arm k7086

lower ball joint for brake conversion k783 L
k781 R

will also get a 73-76 center link :prayer:

thanks for the advice. it stated that all a bodies used the same manuel gear box till 76. so can I assume that using 73 and up parts will work for my 68 barracuda?

Could be true, but is news to me. Maybe check Flaming River's parts, since they sell new manual boxes. I think you will also need a 73+ steering linkage since the Pitman arm and idler arm studs come in from the opposite direction, and are tapered.

do you mean center link, I was told that I would have to change that as well. just making sure everything will bolt up before buying the parts. thanks

feeling pretty stupid here, I have an manual gear box with small sector, I've read that all gear manual boxes to 76 had the small sector? so the pitman arm from a 74 duster should fit? then tie rod ends from a 74 should fit 74 center link and then to the other tie rod ends? my current pit man arm has the bolt under the k. in theory it should bolt together but with the different angle in the 74 center link will it affect anything? or is there a problem with the idler? has anybody tried this set up? thanks for all the great advice, bruce

One more time , these 3 pieces must be a matched set, center link, pitman arm, idler arm. Easiest way to sort this out is measure the hex nut on the steering gear. That shaft size determines the nut size ( 2 different ones ). From that determine the pitman arm you'll use. from that you determine the matching center link and idler arm.
here's a tip... most tool boxes don't contain a 1&5/16 socket. If that's the socket you need, you have the larger of the 2 sector shafts.

Just order it for what the suspension came from like 67 only,68-72 & 73-6. The 73-6 used larger tie rods.

-
Back