Tachometer preferences?

-

Voeltagear

Reaction score
Hello all, my Sunpro tach has stopped operating. There are sooo many CHEAP options out there and I want to purchase a quality piece that will last and look classy. It is going into my 1964 Dodge Dart GT and I like the Chrome bezel surrounding the face. Any personal experience and advice would be appreciated. Also a shift light or auxiliary connection would be prefered. Thanks in advance.

I went with this because that's what my pop's had back in the day and it's seems to work fine. Convenient shift light and I ain't much on filling up an interior with a bunch of doo-dads lol. Bigger Diameter than what you currently have and have never seen a smaller tach with a shift light.

JW

Image368744901.jpg

SLOPAR72, I actually saw that one. I like it a lot but I'm not excited about the size. I will post a picture of my mounting location.

Of course the Snapon tool box usually isn't in front of me. Lol. And no, the car isn't running...

I use Autometer monster tachs with a shift light. I have a Sunpro in the smaller size you have in the Dart with a shift light on the face that I took off an 84 Ram that worked great.

Looks just like my Sunpro II. It is nice but I really want a light. Pushing too close to 6k for chance to be a factor. I have 10 yrs and 20k on the engine and it runs like a modern FI engine. I wouldn't want to F it up and start over.

Call Classic Instruments and see what they have for you. I have used their stuff for 2 other builds and it was top shelf at the time. You could go Vintage and locate a shift light as I did in a Chevelle (put it where the cigarette lighter was and worked out great.) Otherwise Mallory is the only one I have seen of that has it built into the Gauge...

Good luck,
JW

Thank you for the advice. I removed the Choke from the Edelbrock AVS when I started. It always starts above 0 degree F. It has been such a good engine combination that I want it to out last my stewardship. Pass it along to the next generation of tinkering kids. Hopefully my son. Just trying to enjoy it to the fullest and pass on the experience.

My cheap SunPro did just fine and did not want to mess up the factory original! I sold the SunPro for A dime to member here!

My factory Tach works great now after an upgrade to the board. I would prefer seeing the SunPro in my face on the column but, you can not wrong with an auto meter tach.

-
Back