Tail Lights

-

Shane

Reaction score
Alirght everyone, please advise me the best way to get my tail lights done.

My tail lights are original, and not overly pitted or damaged, but do need to be chromed. The car is stored for the winter, and yesterday I removed them from the car, and took the lenses out.

I from southern ontario, and took them to the only place I know around me that does re-chroming. They had did my bumpers for $400 each and did a great job.

I was told that I WOULD NOT see my lights until atleast May??? and it would be atleast $400 a tail light???

this sounds CRAZY to me. Does anyone know a re-chrommer around me that is cheapier?

Or is it just cheapier to buy new ones ?

Thanks!

Shane

I have never had tail lights done but, it sounds like they are so busy, they are upppin the prices to push customers away until they get caught up.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I just ordered new ones from pg's.

Maybe I should try to be like some of those guys on ebay with my old ones...

"ORIGINAL HARD TO FIND, NUMBER MATCHING 68 TAIL LIGHTS"

$1200.00

LOL

Alirght everyone, please advise me the best way to get my tail lights done.

My tail lights are original, and not overly pitted or damaged, but do need to be chromed. The car is stored for the winter, and yesterday I removed them from the car, and took the lenses out.

I from southern ontario, and took them to the only place I know around me that does re-chroming. They had did my bumpers for $400 each and did a great job.

I was told that I WOULD NOT see my lights until atleast May??? and it would be atleast $400 a tail light???

this sounds CRAZY to me. Does anyone know a re-chrommer around me that is cheapier?

Or is it just cheapier to buy new ones ?

Thanks!

Shane
Can you tell me where you had your bumpers done.
I had a set done in Cambridge BUT for approx $750 each.
Have a second car that needs bumpers so I'm shopping around.
I'm from Sudbury.
Thanks,Denis

Can you tell me where you had your bumpers done.
I had a set done in Cambridge BUT for approx $750 each.
Have a second car that needs bumpers so I'm shopping around.
I'm from Sudbury.
Thanks,Denis

Wow,you guys are paying thru the nose.Igot my bumpers done(straightened and chromed) for $275 each. Nice job too.8)

Thanks for the replies guys!

I just ordered new ones from pg's.

Maybe I should try to be like some of those guys on ebay with my old ones...

"ORIGINAL HARD TO FIND, NUMBER MATCHING 68 TAIL LIGHTS"

$1200.00

LOL

Keep the PG book near by,I ordered a lot of stuff from them.Nice to see they have a Canadian address.8)

Keep the PG book near by,I ordered a lot of stuff from them.Nice to see they have a Canadian address.8)

I've heard that everything PG Classics is made in china if that matters to you .

Do you have a name and address for this chrome shop as I have trucker friends frequently travelling between Ont and Alberta
Thanks, Dennis

Wow,you guys are paying thru the nose.Igot my bumpers done(straightened and chromed) for $275 each. Nice job too.8)
Would you have a name and address for this chrome shop.
Thanks, Dennis

Would you have a name and address for this chrome shop.
Thanks, Dennis

Hope this helps.They may want to see the bumpers before they quote.8)
I was wrong it was $280/bumper,lol.

67 073f.jpg

074f.jpg

That's me and my cell phone#.call the number above,haha.

67 073f.jpg

074f.jpg

Redfish, I asked the guy when I ordered the lights, he said they make them there...

he also said I got 30 days if I am unhappy.

So I hope it works out and they are nice, if not, back they go...

I've purchased many things for my '67 cuda from PG Classics - taillight assemblies, armrest bases, center console bezels, dash bezels, gauge lenses, gosh...so many things I can't even remember know!

The quality of their parts is really nice, their shipping is quick (I live in Homestead, Florida ...they're in Canada) and they package all the parts in a very secure way. I highly recommend them!

I've bought everything from them on eBay where they go by the name eparts4cars. Check out their feedback. I'm somewhere there...I go by the name intergalactica (just like on FABO).

I don't usually like recommending companies but these guys are truly top-notch. Without them, my cuda would be missing alot of parts.

The way I see it, the more we buy from this company the more they'll be more willing to reproduce other badly needed parts for our a-bodies.

As above....and I dont care where it's made as long as the quality is good and the price reasonable. PG Classic have never disappointed me and I've saved a lot of money in the process, including shipping costs when compared to certain US vendors who tend to grossly overcharge on shipping....or you could always try Year One or Laysons (snigger)......

I was quoted $375 to do a Demon rear bumper here in town. The guy said it would be cheaper for smaller bumpers like yours or more for a larger one like a Dart Sport front. It's all got to do with the time it takes for the prep work, welding up holes, badly bent, etc. This goes for pitting and chroming of pot metal parts as well like taillights, mirrors, door handles etc.
He told me that some of the offshore stuff reproduced is actually only nickel plated and is not chromed.
He does good work and his prices for the bumpers include new chromed bumper bolts.
I think his prices are a little high, but you get what you pay for i hope. Show chrome is 30 percent more and he feels it isn't worth it for a driver. He has about a 1 week turn around time and is local so shipping isn't a concern. He also will do a deal if say 4 sets are done at once.
This is in Lethbridge Alberta.

Alright....well I recieved my tail light bezels and my new lens and they look great. But another problem arises...

There is a square shaped plastic peice that has three pronges on it that snap's into the bezel, then the lens goes over top of that. It appears to keep the brake light (inner) seperate from the reverse light(outer). My new tail light and bezel kit did not come with this, and PG Classics doesnt make this peice,and of course I sold my old tail lights to a guy...lol

Anyone know where I can buy these? anyone have a pair in good shape they woudl sell?

as always, thanks!

Shane

Alright....well I recieved my tail light bezels and my new lens and they look great. But another problem arises...

There is a square shaped plastic peice that has three pronges on it that snap's into the bezel, then the lens goes over top of that. It appears to keep the brake light (inner) seperate from the reverse light(outer). My new tail light and bezel kit did not come with this, and PG Classics doesnt make this peice,and of course I sold my old tail lights to a guy...lol

Anyone know where I can buy these? anyone have a pair in good shape they woudl sell?

as always, thanks!

Shane

You will most likely have to buy another set of junk tail lights to get those parts. They are easy to break so be careful when removing the actual tail light lens.

Oklacarcollecto, thats what I was worried about...

What really bugs me, is that I phoned in my order to PG, and specifically asked them if I order lens and bezels do they come with EVERYTHING I need.

It was answered with YES, everything you need.

WELL clearly you dont get everything you need, plus they didnt send screws to attach the lens to the bezels.

I practically gave away my old lights, now I gotta go out and buy new junk ones.

What a joke. Becareful if you order from PG.

Shane

-
Back