Taking a break from the dart.

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
This usually happens to me once a year but I have lost interest in working on my car and driving it. It was beautiful out today and I spent the day hiking and grilling out. Usually it only last for about a month and I find time to do other things while the dart sits under the cover in the garage.

Anyone else ever just feel like taking a break from these old girls?

it happens but rarely - I have goals set and the more time I put in, the closer I get to them and the more I want to be out there getting it done -

I get like that as well. Ive been there for the last 2 weeks. I know I need to get back out and get at it.
Sometimes its better to hear one of our fellow members tell us to get back at it. I have often been told its like eating an elephant, one bite at a time.
Sounds dumb but it can be a very effective thing to hear!
Take some time off then go back strong!
Best of luck,
Rod

It can be good to get away from them at times. You have renewed interest when you come back and pull the cover off.

What?? You have a life outside of Mopars??? Nooooo!!!

Of course take a break, I do all the time! I have many other interests outside of Mopars, but always seem to migrate out to the garage before long!! Nothing wrong with getting away, or finding your way back!!!

Nothing wrong with getting out and taking a hike.

Last few years I've really cut my car stuff down. Way to many other things in life that are more important to me these days. I'll still hop in one and take a cruise down the shore or run to the store in one but that's about it anymore.

It bees like that sometimes.

Last few years I've really cut my car stuff down. Way to many other things in life that are more important to me these days. I'll still hop in one and take a cruise down the shore or run to the store in one but that's about it anymore.

I can relate. Being young(er) with time on your hands and less responsibilities is long gone for me. The bug never really goes away though.

Sometimes there's other priorities. These things have lasted over 40 years, they won't rot away after a week or two thankfully :p

On another note, I have never seen you around. I live in Amelia and have a green 71 swinger. Buddy here just bought a 74 sport. Another green 71 in my neighborhood as well.

Joe,

From the pictures I've seen, it only looks like you're taking a break from the cars to spend some time with the Jeeps. :D

This usually happens to me once a year but I have lost interest in working on my car and driving it. It was beautiful out today and I spent the day hiking and grilling out. Usually it only last for about a month and I find time to do other things while the dart sits under the cover in the garage.

Anyone else ever just feel like taking a break from these old girls?

Allmost every day now.:pale: but i still work on it why I dont know.When it done I hope to sell her and call it a day.

I go in spurts. when you get into your late 60's you can run out of steam!

biggest problem is I have more time and energy than extra$$ for the never ending parts and materials! ha

when I get burned out or discouraged, I take a break, and be thankful for what I have accomplished, and enjoy that!

I need a small road trip to get some boneyard parts and ease my mind, and an extra $300 ! ha

I take too long of a break when I get to a task I don't enjoy doing. Enjoy your break and then get back to it.

Sometimes there's other priorities. These things have lasted over 40 years, they won't rot away after a week or two thankfully :p

On another note, I have never seen you around. I live in Amelia and have a green 71 swinger. Buddy here just bought a 74 sport. Another green 71 in my neighborhood as well.

Next time your over at your friends house walk down the street to the house with the silver mustang and black ford pick up and say hi. The silver mustang is mine so if it is there I'm there.

Totally hear you and understand. My project has been almost 7 years. There are times with frustration that i wounder WTH am i doing. I love it except the frustrations but you have to walk away at times. Its good for you, freashin the mind and more relaxed.Im close to finally gettin it on the road this spring but gettin older with a bad back and now a bad shoulder isnt helping. Iam glad i started this when i did, gettin old sucks!!!!!! Best of luck and you will be back at it when your ready, Edd

I just recently retired and treat my projects as work in progress, spend around 4 to 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. Saturday and Sundays R&R days just as if I had a job. To me this is a bonus the work gets done at a set pace and I enjoy what I am doing. I have learned over the years and several cars is not to rush into a project, too many people I have seen tear down the cars completely, and become overwhelm having a garage full of loose car parts. Doing a project for my daughter right now, can't wait until the day I can start on the Swinger.

Attachments

• DSCN1423.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 266
It happens to me too. Sometimes life happens. I had to fix things around the house today. Take a break stick around.

Take a break then once you drive it again, you will get the bug to work on it some more...

In my later 60's now so I sometimes lose interest because I can't do what I think I should be able to do.When I get like that I just take a few days( weeks) off then hit it again.No wonder It's taking me so long to get the car done.

just have another baby...yeah, that takes some of your 'free' time. Whenever the baby takes a nap, the wife is out the door running 'errands'.

just have another baby...yeah, that takes some of your 'free' time. Whenever the baby takes a nap, the wife is out the door running 'errands'.

I'm 25 and single! I should be enjoying the time I have to work on the car.

On a side note I just ordered some new wheels for the slicks!

Next time your over at your friends house walk down the street to the house with the silver mustang and black ford pick up and say hi. The silver mustang is mine so if it is there I'm there.

Would that be the friend in Amelia Park or Chapel Woods? I\m beginning to think this area is the land of A bodies....

-
Back