Talkin About The Post Office........

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This has to be one of the stupidest package maps I've ever seen. I ordered some idle fuel restrictors so I can tune in this little Quick Fuel 650 double pumper on my truck. They originated in COLUMBUS, GEORGIA. That's about an hour and a half or so drive, but look at this USPS travel map. And they wonder why the Post Office is bleedin to death. LOL

Out for Delivery
Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 7:00pm
MACON, GA 31217
October 7, 2023, 6:27 am

Arrived at Post Office
MACON, GA 31206
October 7, 2023, 6:16 am

Arrived at USPS Facility
MACON, GA 31206
October 7, 2023, 5:58 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
MACON GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
October 7, 2023, 5:53 am

Departed USPS Regional Facility
October 7, 2023, 4:59 am

MACON GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
October 7, 2023, 2:47 am

October 6, 2023, 10:08 pm

October 6, 2023, 9:47 pm

October 6, 2023, 9:06 pm

Departed USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30336
October 6, 2023, 7:20 pm

In Transit to Next Facility
October 6, 2023

Arrived at USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30336
October 5, 2023, 11:00 pm

ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
October 5, 2023, 5:50 am

October 4, 2023, 10:21 pm

CAROL STREAM IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
October 4, 2023, 9:27 pm

October 4, 2023, 8:35 pm

October 3, 2023, 6:46 pm

ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
October 3, 2023, 5:19 pm

October 3, 2023, 11:03 am

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
COLUMBUS, GA 31904
October 3, 2023, 9:48 am

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
COLUMBUS, GA 31907
October 2, 2023, 4:24 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
COLUMBUS, GA 31904
October 2, 2023, 8:21 am

This has to be one of the stupidest package maps I've ever seen. I ordered some idle fuel restrictors so I can tune in this little Quick Fuel 650 double pumper on my truck. They originated in COLUMBUS, GEORGIA. That's about an hour and a half or so drive, but look at this USPS travel map. And they wonder why the Post Office is bleedin to death. LOL

Out for Delivery
Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 7:00pm
MACON, GA 31217
October 7, 2023, 6:27 am

Arrived at Post Office
MACON, GA 31206
October 7, 2023, 6:16 am

Arrived at USPS Facility
MACON, GA 31206
October 7, 2023, 5:58 am

October 7, 2023, 5:53 am

October 7, 2023, 4:59 am

October 7, 2023, 2:47 am

October 6, 2023, 10:08 pm

October 6, 2023, 9:47 pm

October 6, 2023, 9:06 pm

Departed USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30336
October 6, 2023, 7:20 pm

In Transit to Next Facility
October 6, 2023

Arrived at USPS Facility
ATLANTA, GA 30336
October 5, 2023, 11:00 pm

October 5, 2023, 5:50 am

October 4, 2023, 10:21 pm

October 4, 2023, 9:27 pm

October 4, 2023, 8:35 pm

October 3, 2023, 6:46 pm

October 3, 2023, 5:19 pm

October 3, 2023, 11:03 am

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
COLUMBUS, GA 31904
October 3, 2023, 9:48 am

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
COLUMBUS, GA 31907
October 2, 2023, 4:24 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
COLUMBUS, GA 31904
October 2, 2023, 8:21 am
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i can not stand the USPS. what a freaking mess. sent a payment for one of my daughters sea cadet advancement trainings from s. jersey to Virginia over a week ago and its still not there. don't know what the hell those clowns are doing with it. i could have driven there and back in a long day. no way should it still not be there.

They couldn't care less. If they did, they wouldn't let you see that map/mess.
To paraphrase Lily Tomlin, "We're your postal service, we don't care because we don't have to."

I'm blocked by Rusty because he didn't like something that I once said that was the truth, and this will be no different.
It took what it took because the shipper went the cheapest way to ship his package.
That means his parts were tossed into a massive hopper with thousands of other packages and sorted back with other packages that were in the zone he's in.
Statements like these just proves that people don't understand how the process works.
I'll also make this statement, people ***** about the Post Office losing money have no clue. The Post Office is the 2nd largest generator of revenue for the US, the IRS being 1st. At least with the Post Office you get something for your money. Yet, nobody complains when the Dept. of the Interior spends $93.95 BILLION in 2023 alone.
I also want to point out that if you're not happy with your mail delivery service, you could always stop paying your monthly mail delivery fee.

Someday, Rob, (if I remember the details) I'll tell you about the crapshow of one simple part and package ordered from china, and how I "barely" got it from USPS before they sent it back!!!

I am happy to report my idle fuel restrictors arrived today. Oh happy day.

I've never paid anything but a fee for a PO Box. Delivery is free in my part of the world.
That was his point. That delivery from the PO is free. He figures since I'm not charged, I shouldn't complain. I guess he doesn't think about how much taxpayer money the PO wastes, so that gives me the right to complain.

That was his point. That delivery from the PO is free. He figures since I'm not charged, I shouldn't complain. I guess he doesn't think about how much taxpayer money the PO wastes, so that gives me the right to complain.
Again, how much does the Dept of Defense waste?
Do you ***** about that?
The Post Office takes zero tax dollars. They made $78.81 BILLION in 2022.
The only reason they are in the "hole" is because of the unreasonable demands made on them by congress.

The posting about being in a massive container makes sense. I feel bad for the carriers, I see'em in my neighborhood, sometimes couple runs a day, 7 days a week, trying to match Amazon, but with 70s facilities, management, and vehicles...probably 70s pay.

How about when I send a priority flat rate box and it goes from my PO to Jacksonville Fl dist center in a few hours. Then no movement for 5 days.
Or someone sends me a Flat rate package, and it sits in Jacksonville Fl for 2-3 days before being sent to my local PO for delivery.
Something very wrong in Jacksonville

It's the help the post office hires... just walk in and look ...I'm going to say no more...you know ow where I'm going

How about when I send a priority flat rate box and it goes from my PO to Jacksonville Fl dist center in a few hours. Then no movement for 5 days.
Or someone sends me a Flat rate package, and it sits in Jacksonville Fl for 2-3 days before being sent to my local PO for delivery.
Something very wrong in Jacksonville
Maybe it's all the high quality workforce that's helping take care of your packages.
Actually I really have no idea how packages are handled now. Automation? Artificial Intelligence?
I worked part-time for the Hickory, NC post office during my senior year in high school. Then started full time at 17 after graduating in 73. My hours were midnight until 8:30 am. I hated that part of it. My days off were Tuesday and Wednesday. Hated that too. We sorted everything by hand. So I thought this may be a career for me but I remember most of the 2 years I was there, we were being told that all the manual mail sorting we were doing would be sent to Charlotte along with us to operate the new mail sorting machines. I was still living at my parents home. No way was I moving anywhere and certainly not Charlotte.

I can't remember why or what I had to send (I'm thinking a cashier's check for a purchase) years ago from NC to somewhere near San Francisco by FedEx. Was told if I dropped it off at the local FedEx by 2pm, it would be delivered there next day by 10am. SAY WHAT?
I tracked it and it was delivered on time. I was amazed by that.

I can't remember why or what I had to send (I'm thinking a cashier's check for a purchase) years ago from NC to somewhere near San Francisco by FedEx. Was told if I dropped it off at the local FedEx by 2pm, it would be delivered there next day by 10am. SAY WHAT?
I tracked it and it was delivered on time. I was amazed by that.
That's very doable, it also costs quite a bit of money too. $150 or more.

That's very doable, it also costs quite a bit of money too. $150 or more.
It was many years ago and I can't remember the cost but probably $20 or less. I think I was buying a radio controlled Travelaire Model R Mystery Ship airplane kit. It was from a classified ad probably in the 1980s. It was first payment got the kit. He wouldn't hold it waiting for a check in the mail.

The posting about being in a massive container makes sense. I feel bad for the carriers, I see'em in my neighborhood, sometimes couple runs a day, 7 days a week, trying to match Amazon, but with 70s facilities, management, and vehicles...probably 70s pay.
So do I. I went to school with our main carrier and have spoken with her many times. She says the quotas they have for delivery are unbelievable. Also, the route we live in is all one zip code and one route. It's bigger than all of Macon and Bibb County combined. ONE CARRIER. It's ridiculous. They have to decide who gets mail and who doesn't on any given day. ....and it's not like I don't know anything about the PO. Daddy was Parcel Post (same as UPS) and a letter carrier for 36 years, So I know "a little" about the game.

They claim rates are going up by 2% for 24, that should fix it, lol.
That doesn't bother me. They could go to $5 a letter and it's still the cheapest way to send mail all the way around the world. The problem with the PO is the same as it was when Daddy was there.....but worse. There are 5 or 6 managers for every one employee. It always dumbfounded me even as a kid how many managers Daddy had to work under and endure. He was also a proud non-union scab. I remember him saying he'd never join the union because he had a family to feed and was going to work and not strike. Striking to him made no sense. I agree with his mindset. The union is useless and he saw it back then.

Again, how much does the Dept of Defense waste?
Do you ***** about that?
The Post Office takes zero tax dollars. They made $78.81 BILLION in 2022.
The only reason they are in the "hole" is because of the unreasonable demands made on them by congress.
Yes. As a matter of fact, I do. Just because you don't see it, means nothing. Did you ever see me say who I thought was at fault? NO. You didn't. Crawl back in your hole and STFU.

-
Back