Tallest front tire on a duster

-

mikesduster

Reaction score
Im running 26" M/T Front runners now and I need new tires all the way around. Liking to go with a 27" or 27.5" front tire,can I???

you can do anything if you have a plasma cutter. trust me i found this out........

but to answer your question i do not know for sure. im intrested as well as i need new tires for my car as well. (BTW that is a 31/10.50R15 on a 12 inch wide wheel)

I did the same thing to the front my 1/4's but didnt think I could run a 30" tire!!! So my thinking of getting a 29" tire should be no problem.
Im assuming your springs are moved in??

I tried a set of 27" GoodYear front runners on the front of my Demon. They wouldn't fit. I ended up with 26" front runners on it. I have a freind that has two Stock Eliminator Dusters. He runs a 27" on the front & 30" on the rear. I asked him how he did it, He told me alot of money & good body shop. His looks stock until you take some measurments.

I tried putting 215/70r14 tires on the front of my duster, the left tire barely fits, the right side rubs so I took them off for now. Haven't had time to dig much deeper but I measured and found that the wheelbase on the left side of my car is about 107" and the right is about 108". According to tirerack my tires are 25.9" tall. Like I said the left one does fit, just barely, but I definitely would not go any bigger than 26" based on my experience. I hope I get around to making the right side fit one of these days...

I did the same thing to the front my 1/4's but didnt think I could run a 30" tire!!! So my thinking of getting a 29" tire should be no problem.
Im assuming your springs are moved in??
my springs are still in the stock location and I have roller tires on the car, we took out the whole rear end to test fit the tires. But yeah the springs will be removed soon to make room and we are dropping in ladder bars. With coil overs. I'm thinking of running a stock size tire in front I know that a tire off of a new charger won't fit in front I tried it

-
Back