Thanks NHRA. You put the chevys right up top

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Where you wanted them after a Dodge wins an event.

IMG_9890.jpeg

Last edited:
As long as Stellantis sits in the background, FERD and CHUBBY are going to dominate all of the classes. I'm glad I run brackets, there are no restrictions. My car is 2500lbs with a 50/50 weight bias and a 625 fwhp stroker on 29.5 x 10.5 tires. "Run whatcha brung and hope you brung enough"!!!

Last edited:
I don't get this.. why is it the NHRA's fault the chevies are better made and faster? was there a weight penalty on the mopars or something?

I don't get this.. why is it the NHRA's fault the chevies are better made and faster? was there a weight penalty on the mopars or something?

I had a post around a week or so ago of the changes NHRA made immediately after a Mopar win. I mean like two days after.

changes NHRA made immediately after a Mopar win.
Been going on for years. They always had something against Chrysler. Not much better with Ford.
The took Chrysler competition out of Pro Stock a few years back.I think it had to do with limiting RPM as Chrysler Hemi Pro Stock made it's HP at a higher RPM. I may be wrong but stopped following NHRA around that time.

They should change the name of the class.

It's not "factory stock" if one make has to be crippled by a sanctioning body rule.

Been going on for years. They always had something against Chrysler. Not much better with Ford.
The took Chrysler competition out of Pro Stock a few years back.I think it had to do with limiting RPM as Chrysler Hemi Pro Stock made it's HP at a higher RPM. I may be wrong but stopped following NHRA around that time.
You are correct, the limit of the RPM's killed any chance Dodge had. I see most of the Challengers are right there with MPH, but in Indy I also saw that they could not get off the line when it was hot, the later night runs were MUCH better! The Challengers still don't have the chassis set up figured out...

I was at the Motorplex last night.
I was watching the second round when I remembered the pully change!
I was wondering why the Challengers were slower this week.
Unfortunately I was with some bow tie folks and they were crowing about how fast the chebbies were.
Oh yea then hood scoop fires came up.
Alderman Intake POP Glidden Car.jpg

Alderman Intake POP Summit Car.jpg

Wow, didn't take You long to come out of the closet......

From an earlier post​

NHRA Announces Rule Change for Dodge Challenger Factory Stock Showdown Teams​

October 3, 2023 by Patrick Rall
Yesterday, we brought you the news that Mark Pawuk had won the Factory Stock Showdown class at the NHRA Midwest Nationals, setting a class E.T. record of 7.583 in the process. Many Mopar fans in Facebook racing discussion groups joked that the Dodge Challenger teams would be “punished” for Pawuk’s new record.

Today, the NHRA announced the “punishment” that many Mopar fans had feared. Technically, it isnt punishment but rather, the NHRA’s way to “control performance and maintain parity in the category”, but in the long run, when you are making an entire group of racers of a certain type of car drop power going forward, it is a punishment for someone going fast.

As mentioned already this is nothing new, nhra and nascar have been doing it for decades.

You'd think nhra would set a limit on the amount of boost for the entire class, if you hit it with a 2" pulley or a 10" pulley it wouldn't matter

If you are unaware of the dictatorial nature of present day NHRA and NASCAR, you need to read up. Are you aware, that both entities REQUIRE that you only use a certain throttle body and EFI computer (Holley) in such as pro stock? Are you aware that you MUST use ONLY a hemi based clone engine in top fuel? It is my understanding that top fuel superchargers MUST be roots AKA not turbos or any other type. Belt driven Roots.

Don't you think these kinds of policies destroys innovation, thought, experimentation? Which, "back then," was what got us to present day advances?

I watch a interview with Big Daddy Don Gartlis. He said Top Fuel teams have to all run the same parts.
The only thing they can do is the computer tuning. He said "Not much fun anymore."

I watch a interview with Big Daddy Don Gartlis. He said Top Fuel teams have to all run the same parts.
The only thing they can do is the computer tuning. He said "Not much fun anymore."

I know they run different clutches

No sure why these posts always turn into well 40 years ago they did this or they did that. Waaaa

These are the facts:
Team did a great job scrambling over the last week to not only install a 1/4” larger pulley but get them manufactured as they didn’t even exist.
Then we had to redesign the belt and pulley combination on the front of the engine.
Then we had to remove ALL of the moveable weight we had in the car (40 lbs) which meant suspension changes.
Then we had our first test pass, which happened to be Q1 at the NHRA #fallnats here in #texas
As I said, crew did a great job getting the car ready and we’ve made two passes heading into Q3 today.
We currently sit 12th running times that we ran last year. We’ve basically been forced to throw away a year of work with 10 days notice.
Thanks to all of our sponsors for the help over the last week as we scrambled to put together a new combination.
That’s it, not going to talk about again. We’ll continue to get after it today to try to be competitive and put on a good show for our fans.

#nhra #moparnation #moparornocar #dhdaviesracing #shutupandlineup #iyaayas #nhradragracing #nhrafss

E3 Spark Plugs Save Our Allies NHRA Factory Stock Showdown ProTorque Fig Leaf Coffee Company Air Culinaire Worldwide Wesley Motorsports

IMG_9896.jpeg

Anyone who knows anything at all about the history of racing knows that both Wally Parks and Bill France both had a hard on for Chevy and they were constantly stacking the deck with sanctions and restrictions on "everybody else". Nothing has changed. Had they been 100% fair across the board, Chevy would rarely have won anything. You would have seen a battle royale between Chrysler and Ford. Since Ford had two Hemi engines in the muscle car years, they were really Chrysler's only competition. And one of Ford's hemi engines was the only engine ever flat out banned on the NASCAR track. Chrysler's hemi was just sanctioned to death.

Wow, didn't take You long to come out of the closet......
Nothing with coming out of anything.... he posted the times in the original post.. the chevys are fastest on the list.. that's what i was talking about.

-
Back