That rotating engine stand I told you guys about is on sale.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1500 lb. Capacity Gear-Driven Rotating Engine Stand

2F2706DB-1D88-4F56-B5C6-9870CD50528F.jpeg

I’ve been wanting a gear driven stand, but after reading the reviews, I might hold out for a different design or at least until I can get a different hoist.

As some of the reviewers stated, the “V” design of the legs on both the stand and the HF hoist make it impossible to get an engine close enough to the stand in order to mount it. Hopefully they’ll redesign it.

I’ve been wanting a gear driven stand, but after reading the reviews, I might hold out for a different design or at least until I can get a different hoist.

As some of the reviewers stated, the “V” design of the legs on both the stand and the HF hoist make it impossible to get an engine close enough to the stand in order to mount it. Hopefully they’ll redesign it.

Turn the stand around so the legs are << instead of <>
It looks like there's enough room to pull it off. Long enough chain should give some leeway to get it done.

It looks like there's enough room to pull it off. Long enough chain should give some leeway to get it done.

I have a long extended boom that pulls out so I honestly can’t tell you if that’s an issue with the two I have. I will say because the head doesn’t slide out it is semi harder to bolt the engine on the stand. But after you learn to start one bolt and rotate the head to the next position and let it do the work it works great.

One of the reviewers tried that, supposedly the base of the stand is still too wide to “nest” the two together. Maybe the best solution is to find a hoist with a wider base? Or like PBR has, a hoist with a longer boom.

I've got one with the V legs but no crank and was able to get it positioned to where I could get the engine on it. I had mounted the stand top to the motor first so all I had to do was get the two parts of the stand at the right angle to where it would go together.

One of the reviewers tried that, supposedly the base of the stand is still too wide to “nest” the two together. Maybe the best solution is to find a hoist with a wider base? Or like PBR has, a hoist with a longer boom.
I tried that with mine and while I don't remember exactly why I couldn't make it work, I couldn't.

Add me to the list of the one from Summit.
Works great, my 3rd one. Works with my engine hoist really well. Not sure on HF one. Looks solid enough but tough to work with other hoists. I wonder if their hoist works with it better?

I’ve never scene in person yet but looking at the pictures couldn’t you come in from the back. Hmmmm

Had 3 stands that I built and they worked pretty good. Not trying to brag but....why buy when one isn't that hard to fab?

I'm feeling bad... got my last one at Harbor Freight (1000 lbs) too on clearance for 59 bucks?? Works great! Got a 440 on it now. Do I need an upgrade???? :realcrazy::realcrazy:

I’ve never scene in person yet but looking at the pictures couldn’t you come in from the back. Hmmmm
I thought so too but no. I don't remember the details but I tried it and it didn't work. Maybe you will figure it out.

I ended up with one leg between the legs of the hoist and pushing the engine over and pulling the stand toward it to get it on the stand. It wasn't easy but it wasn't impossible.

I have a geared head like the Summit one. The mounting flange isn't removable so it can be a turd getting the block centered.

Do all of the geared head stands have fixed flanges like that? I imagine that would be the main downside.

You guys are making too much of this. I’m 67 years old and it’s a cakewalk if you do what I posted above. Do you want me to send my mom over. Lol

-
Back