That was a big fat fail

-
how about the pits with the spikes at the bottom a la Viet cong with the fake grass over em...put the pits right at the front of the car where they'd lift the hood and at the drivers door... drop down in about three feet with the plywood and nails... and a little bit of dung smeared on the nails just for smell and tetanus etc.

Or a micro switch that triggers a rattlesnake sound on a small speaker under the car.

edit: could be triggered by motion sensor to make it realistic

I feel your struggle someone just broke my vans window last night to try and steal it but luckily I put a kill switch. That van was parked on the street, honestly if I didn’t have a gated yard and a dog my house would probably have been broken into a couple times. I see it this way even if your not a animal person dog food costs 20-30 bucks a month. Best protection yet.

I feel your struggle someone just broke my vans window last night to try and steal it but luckily I put a kill switch. That van was parked on the street, honestly if I didn’t have a gated yard and a dog my house would probably have been broken into a couple times. I see it this way even if your not a animal person dog food costs 20-30 bucks a month. Best protection yet.
Yup,and even a little dog will bark and let you know someone is lurking around outside...

There is barbed wire fence all around the entire property, I can see where they are jumping over
Where the fk you live and what kind of mopar dude hops fenses into other peoples yards. If I even go as far as to stop.. I knock on the door unless I see signs saying "fk off"...then I leave my number at the gate or in the mailbox.

Tarp and strap the cars.
When they are tightly tarped down they are less inviting. Also... put them all next to and in front of each other...so you have to move the least desirable ones to get to the driver door or hood of the rare ones.
If you also use the ratchet straps from link bolted to hood loop to k member underneath... the hood won't come up without them getting more involved.

Its not "mopar dudes" its the current generation of folks who never had any punishment and they cant keep their hands and feet off other peoples property...now lets be real your average 30 year old doesnt know how to drive a three speed manual on the column, but theyll snoop around...combine that with the classic car craze on the interwebz these folks think these cars are cool what they dont realize is the maintenance that they required even when new...

Dogs are great but I have a tortie cat named Abby, anytime someone pulls in the yard she's at the window growling, she has woke me up in the we hours of the morning, most of the times its false alarms, till one morning about 2:30, four guys around my Dart, it's amazing how fast *** clowns can run when you sneak out, rack a shot gun and put some 00 buck in the dirt.

Jeff

Dogs are great but I have a tortie cat named Abby, anytime someone pulls in the yard she's at the window growling, she has woke me up in the we hours of the morning, most of the times its false alarms, till one morning about 2:30, four guys around my Dart, it's amazing how fast *** clowns can run when you sneak out, rack a shot gun and put some 00 buck in the dirt.

Jeff
Once years back in Missori, the County sheriff and County prosecutor asked "Why the Hell didn't you just kill that SOB!?"
I guess they were just hard hearted.

Do not put nails in a board......, you will be arrested for setting a Booby trap, they are illegal everywhere.
Jeff

She wouldn't be setting a booby trap. She'd be installing a foot aerator. No law against those that I can find..... But I get it, the scumbag will have more rights than the property owner.

Jeff
I find my cat is a better night watchmen for sure. She growls as well.

Get one of these nobody messes whid me or my stuff

20210428_141052.jpg

I think the idea of locking the cars and posting signs is the most cost effective option.

Electric fences and heat seeking robotic killer beez or fembots are also options but not cost effective since we are talking about 3 acres here.

I was out looking today and only see one set of foreign footprints so I think it could even be a single person. Someone wears a dickies brand size 12 that i have not seen before.

If you also use the ratchet straps from link bolted to hood loop to k member underneath... the hood won't come up without them getting more involved.

Solid idea, since I haven't noticed anything missing yet, I think whoever it is will back away if it starts taking too much time or being too obvious.

You should have had the cars locked from day one.
Tarps hide what they are, 7 bucks each at harbor freight.
Take and put 2x4s or plywood with nails hammered through so they land on them hopping the fence. Even sharpened rebar stuck in the ground near the area, about 3 inches exposed ..trip lines in front

You could buy a motion detected sprinkler head, they sell them to chase cats away.

Solid idea, since I haven't noticed anything missing yet, I think whoever it is will back away if it starts taking too much time or being too obvious.
I hate people who steal or mess with things not belonging to them.

I would avoid trying to cause physical harm to them. The law is not on your side in that case.

We have Simplisafe and it's very easy to set up if you have wifi. No wiring at all. Just place sensors wherever you want them. Several kinds of sensors. Cover with tarps is better than letting thieves see your property.

Jerry in Denver

A personal touch....

Dear Mr Dickies Brand boot size 12.
My stuff is not for sale.
Please shop elsewhere.

A persons imagination can be a powerful thing....less is more.

Okay from the pictures I've seen you're not a bad looking girl so here's what I suggest.

Start dating three cops, one for each shift don't marry them just date them you might even get a free meal occasionally or taken to a movie. I'm sure this will get you free drive by security.

Okay from the pictures I've seen you're not a bad looking girl so here's what I suggest.

Start dating three cops, one for each shift don't marry them just date them you might even get a free meal occasionally or taken to a movie. I'm sure this will get you free drive by security.

and bring down the station all in one fell swoop:lol:

Whats the World coming to just 10 years ago i newer had to lock my front door now its a whole diferent ballgame gang shoutings in the south of sweden bombs going of inocent people geting hurt truck running down people in Stockholm in the middle of a buzzy day iv been to war as a soldier in my yonger days but then you knowe what to expect but sweden the calmest and the country in the world that for many years been a peesfull place to be now is a changed country im just glad it hasnt comed up in the far north its just to cold for gangsters the development is no boeno what are we leaving to over children

-
Back