The 340 club

-
Nice stuff. Not exactly a factory option. Does my 65 with transplanted 340 count.

Oldschoolcuda

IM000250.jpg

IM000248.jpg

73 swinger, you keep saying "not pretty" I think your car is very nice. And it looks like you have a lot of fun with her. A [email protected] is a nice time too. Anyway just thought I would tell you I think your car is very nice.

who's headers are thos and do they fit ok or did you have to modify them

Who are you talking to? If it is 69swinger340 thay are Doug's headers. I have been told the fit is realy good. The same is said of TTi's as well. I think that is what adamR has.

73 swinger, you keep saying "not pretty" I think your car is very nice. And it looks like you have a lot of fun with her. A [email protected] is a nice time too. Anyway just thought I would tell you I think your car is very nice.

Thanks, old paint job and all, its a fun car. That shot was a race that I drove the car to( 285 miles with 3.91 gears ) the day before, then drove home the next day. Buzzes like a kitten @ 70mph

Who are you talking to? If it is 69swinger340 thay are Doug's headers. I have been told the fit is realy good. The same is said of TTi's as well. I think that is what adamR has.

Hi All, Yeah, if the header question is mine, the Doug's fit good but only after changing to a Denso mini-starter and modifying the clutch z-bar. Had to cut the inboard arm off and re-weld about 1/4 inch closer to bell housing to clear the innermost header tube. Also had to cut the tabs off the bell housing which I expect is pretty common when installing headers. I seem to remember some fitment issue with automatic transmissions as well.

Just bought this car last Spring......Best shifting 4spd I have ever driven

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

it'll never be original again,but im going to put it back as new. all the hot rod crap is commin off and going on my orig.6 cyl demon. i love my cars,and hope to see these projects thru,but may have to sell if economy doesn't pick up soon! this is the only 340 car ive ever owned.

014.JPG

DSCN0049.JPG

158.JPG

wylde1's demon is the (with out a doubt) most georgous car ive ever seen in my entire life. mine will never look that good. im a poor boy and gotta do it myself.

Just got mine earlier this year.

Interior is completly out and getting redone to black.
The exterior work will start next summer and I am painting it black, I think.
Then I get to start paying with Horsepower...

It is not the original 340, but it is a 340 from another 69.

DSCN1114small.JPG

DSCN1117small.JPG

wylde1's demon is the (with out a doubt) most georgous car ive ever seen in my entire life. mine will never look that good. im a poor boy and gotta do it myself.

Well, thanks for the compliment. But your thoughts would be different if you saw it in person. It's a definite 20 footer if you're Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder. For everyone else, it's a 50 footer if I'm zippin by at 120. :toothy10:

has a 340, VIN is not a 340 car, does that count?

1carddart.jpg

low112.jpg
71 340 that I took out of a butterscotch Demon

17Chall.jpg
Factory 340 3 speed manual that i owned for 17 years

1carddart.jpg

17Chall.jpg

low112.jpg

This thread never took off like the big block one I started at the same time.

Here is my latest score...

Been sitting since 1982

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 272
71 340 duster. Original butterscotch 4 gear. Now Panther pink 727. Yes a chick owned it. Some day I plan on going back to butterscotch 4 gear

Attachments

• 100_0474 - Copy.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 279
-
Back