The Day The Music Died

-
Today? Wow. I hadn't noticed. Just new it Norman Rockwell's birthday (thanks to Google).

WOW! 51 years, we are getting old.

To think, a lot members on this site has no idea who your talking about.

I always wondered what music would have been like if Waylon Jennings kept his seat on the plane instead of giving it up to Richie Valens.

WOW! 51 years, we are getting old.

To think, a lot members on this site has no idea who your talking about.

This was 7 years before me but the story was still fresh for the movies. You gotta love Gary Busey pre labotomy, heck he's pretty wild after.:toothy10:

I will still stop and watch if I am channel surfing.

Today? Wow. I hadn't noticed. Just new it Norman Rockwell's birthday (thanks to Google).

This is actually one I remember from years ago. I think watching the Buddy Holly story so many times made it stick.

Norman Rockwell was a legend. Great work.

I'm not old enough to have been around, but I grew up listening to Buddy since my dad was a fan. Sad day for the music industry. If Waylon had been on that plane instead.... who would have sang the theme to The Dukes !!

-RPM

This was 7 years before me but the story was still fresh for the movies. You gotta love Gary Busey pre labotomy, heck he's pretty wild after.:toothy10:

I will still stop and watch if I am channel surfing.

Same here, I was born in 66 but I grew up with my mom, my uncles and his friends hanging out til 3-4am listening to music, even on school nights, the oldies stuck to me like glue.

If Waylon had been on that plane instead.... who would have sang the theme to The Dukes !!
-RPM

I had thought the same thing.

It sounds a little morbid, but it would have been a good thing if that show had never aired, we would have 400+/- more Chargers left in this world. They said they destroyed an average of 62 Chargers per season.

It sounds a little morbid, but it would have been a good thing if that show had never aired, we would have 400+/- more Chargers left in this world. They said they destroyed an average of 62 Chargers per season.

I know, but that Charger is what really got me going early.

It's the dam movie that pushed it too far.

I was 5 but don't remember, I know they played their tunes every feb untill 64 when the Beattles came out.
Ya 400+ from that show and another 80 destroyed in the movie they just did. They destroyed 16 in filming one scene in that movie. Oh well, could explain the popularity of our beloved A-bodys!

Tragic loss all right.Big change in the music industry. I remember watching my big brother slicking up his hair(Brillcream I guess):-D and heading out to the dances or hops.Cuffs on his jeans rolled up,sometimes even a pack of cigs in his t-shirt sleeve,haha. Those were great times. Good post Noel.8)

man i am getting old,, ashamed of my self i didnt even remember this year,,,glad i seen this topic,,,i may have been born to late some say,but thats my music and always will be love the orignal rock and rollers,,,

blown fish im impressed most people dont know waylon was to be on that plane,,,,he never flew after that,,,,,,he also once said on a tv interivew he jokingly said to buddy, " i hope your plane goes down " after they made a comment about him 'WAYLON ' taking the bus to the next gig,since he gave up his seat,,,,

lots of rockers came from weird begginnings,,,jimmy hendrix started out with little richard,,,,

Listening to Buddy Holly gives me chills..I love his music. I was born in 67, but I remember going to the drive-in with my parents to see the Buddy Holly story, what a great movie. Even today my kids who are 17 and 18 like his music. They have both the buddy holly story and labamba. Funny how I cant recall any other movie of any quality that gary busey did other than that one. I like Waylon too, Lukenbach Texas is one of my all time favorites..and of course Good Ol' boys! Great thread guys!

Thank you for the reminder homecloned, this thread sure brought back some good memories around a camp fire with my mom, uncles and aunt's singing there songs. Music heals the hart and keeps our day's good and we give them thanks for all the good times.

-
Back