The FABO Spirit!

-

340butterduster

no title
Reaction score
I'm for sure not the first guy to have come across some good will and help from FABO members. This site is full of great people! But I would like to take a few minutes to let all members know my great experience, thanks to a few members joining together.
In mid June is when it started, I cried "Help!", http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=104157.
I was, to say the least, quite surprised at how quick some members offered to help.
Within a couple days "dustermaniac" had gone out of his way, (while working long hours), and took a few hours journey to help me out. He was now in possession of my treasure (and took responsibility for it). He found himself in a bit of a catch 22, and also asked for help from FABO members, and go figure, a few more offered to help.

Well, here it is all the way from North Carolina to Baden, Ontario. Going through a few hands along the way.
Starting with dustermaniac in mid-June, to dge333 and dge467 in Sept., then to NY states in Nov. where Riddler picked it up and took it north of the border. Now the ball was in my court, so went for a two hour trek and met up with Riddler and the journey was on it's last leg. There is more people involved then mentioned, I am unsure of who they are, as I did not mastermind this plan. But nonetheless Thank You Very Much Fellows! Good Show!
Oh ya! It made it home safe and sound, here's the pics...
The FABO Hood ('38 Dodge pickup)

View attachment 196790

View attachment 196791

View attachment 196792

All The best to all of you!
Giles

Yep thatsss what this site is about friendship,even when things get heated we still band together Merry christmasssss

Your welcome Giles! I'm glad to have been able to help you out with a part of your hood's journey. Great to see you finally have the hood in your possession and it arrived without damage! A great Christmas present for your self!

Your welcome Giles! I'm glad to have been able to help you out with a part of your hood's journey. Great to see you finally have the hood in your possession and it arrived without damage! A great Christmas present for your self!

Indeed it is, a great Christmas present! Not only for it's material value, but for all the goodwill that came with it.

Thank you!
Giles

Wow!!!!! I remember this long trip the hood had to make:cheers: and seen members jump in and make it happen :happy10::happy10::happy10::happy10: There is some outstanding members here and has been for a long time :happy10:

Thank you for sharing that the hood made it home for Christmas 340butterduster :cheers:

Just very happy to see your hood is home with you. Have a Merry Xmas Giles!!! You do not owe me anything, you just paid the ultimate compliment to everyone involved.

And you guys can take heart in knowing that Giles is a genuine good guy. Great job you guys. That hood looks like it is in great shape.

What a great journey that hood has made with lots of FABO members involved 8). Looks like Santa's gift has arrived just in time.......Congrats to all the members that made it happen!!

Cool pics and post butterduster.

It,s great to see members help one another across borders.This is the way things should be done and are done on FABO.Great story Giles and a big thumbs up to all members that made Giles Christmas extra speacial!:cheers:

By the way,thats a very nice hood!

And you guys can take heart in knowing that Giles is a genuine good guy. Great job you guys. That hood looks like it is in great shape.

It was clean enough and good enough for even the better/other/..."The Half" to let me take it into the living room (without any fuss), kinda good shape.
In short, it's in great shape, I couldn't wish it any better.

Giles

Wow!!!!! I remember this long trip the hood had to make:cheers: and seen members jump in and make it happen :happy10::happy10::happy10::happy10: There is some outstanding members here and has been for a long time :happy10:

Thank you for sharing that the hood made it home for Christmas 340butterduster :cheers:

Somehow, I knew this one had caught your attention, early on memike (not much get's buy you on FABO). But no doubt, again some great FABO members make it happen.
memike; you don't need to thank me, It's the very least I can do, to show my appreciation for what these guys have done.

Giles

Awesome guys. Sometimes I wonder if there is another forum that can compare to the quality of this one. Doubt it.

I agree, the folks on this site a second to none. There is always a helping hand here somewhere. Great looking hood Giles and congrats to all that helped the hood along it's journey, you are truely good people.

Jack

-
Back