The Future Is Here, Introducing The eDart

-
Living under a rock are you? ;)

Its called a clutch =push start.
Early torque flight trans with rear pump will push start as well
Very true, I had my share of push starting cars back in the day. I actually miss those times. Kids nowadays will never know the good times we had.

What a waste
Yeah....
Take the LEAST desirable Late A body model, add a GM hood scoop for no clear reason, paint the car a shitty color, fit it with a $5000 aftermarket front suspension that is a step backwards from the factory stuff in terms of durability and convert it to electric power with a pathetic range.
Sounds like a decision Chrysler might have made in the past!

Guys poo-poo electric because they don’t understand it and/or are too lazy to learn it. The conversions are already being done. And at a level that will make the end result perform as well or better than a lot of classics out there. I’m not ready to convert mine just yet, but I definitely wouldn’t say I’d never do it.

"Poo-Poo"...? Really?
Not everyone is in the hobby to go as fast as possible. Some love the cars because they take them back to earlier, simpler times in their lives. I'd bet that the "go fast" mindset is just a fraction of the appeal for the majority of classic car owners.
I don't care if an electric conversion covers the quarter mile in half the time. It will not sound, feel or smell like a classic car anymore.
The throbbing pulses of the exhaust, the smell of gasoline and oil and the feel of the vibrations are a huge part of what appeals to me and I am confident that the majority of others here.
I will only accept an abomination like this IF there are absolutely ZERO chances of finding gasoline anywhere.

Yeah....
Take the LEAST desirable Late A body model, add a GM hood scoop for no clear reason, paint the car a shitty color, fit it with a $5000 aftermarket front suspension that is a step backwards from the factory stuff in terms of durability and convert it to electric power with a pathetic range.
Sounds like a decision Chrysler might have made in the past!

He may as well have gone to a gay bar, greased hisself up and bent over.

Just because a person doesn't like it shouldn't mean that they're too lazy or too dumb to understand it. How about just not interested?

Missed point or not, (and I didn't miss it) until an electric car can charge AND run on a VERY OVERCAST day and drive ALL NIGHT on a charge with ALL accessories operating, we ain't there yet. And we ain't. Maybe one day. But not today. Not in any of our lifetimes, I believe.

I think you need to do a bit more research because they have already met your criteria.

Again, did you see the damn date on the article?

Ten years ago when he built that car it was great. Now not so much.

But with a Tesla motor and batteries you could probably almost double the speed and the range now.

So yeah, if you built that car right now it would be all of those things. Just look at the Satellite build I linked on YouTube.

A well done Tesla conversion would outrun most of the cars on this board. I understand the nostalgia of the internal combustion engine, but if you can’t appreciate the performance the electric cars can provide now you’re not much of a hot rodder. I’d convert to a steam engine if there was enough performance.

Guys poo-poo electric because they don’t understand it and/or are too lazy to learn it. The conversions are already being done. And at a level that will make the end result perform as well or better than a lot of classics out there. I’m not ready to convert mine just yet, but I definitely wouldn’t say I’d never do it.
I wonder why people shun it? Because aholes degrade people instead of explaining and educating people about them! Step off prick!

Okay this s***'s just too funny I can't resist. I used to hang out in a biker friendly bar help out with security sometimes you know the kind of place live music on the weekends Harley's out front few muscle cars out backscantly dressed women and the best pool tables and state champions hanging out under the neon I'm just trying to imagine someone pulling up on there electric powered custom framed Harley Davidson and yelling the future is here? Yep boys it's going to be one of those nights LOL

I wonder why people shun it? Because aholes degrade people instead of explaining and educating people about them! Step off prick!

Don't shun it.... Because this is on the tracks and coming our way. I personally have spent zilch time on the subject. Does it scare me? Heck no. If that was the case I wouldn't do my job at work (new and unknowns everyday working on equipment....) I have never spent time around people into them so there's that and I can't comment on their aura in regards to the technology. Once again if I want to emotionally invest myself into it, I just figure it out. And I suspect that will be a large portion of Gearheads. We're a pretty smart and determined group....

I have an early memory of being a kid and hearing the sound of Car, bikes, whatever. Same as someone who likes French vanilla creamer in their Coffee or big boobs lol.... You like what you like and as long as the choice is their do your thing.... So for me an older car with this technology does nothing for me other than the appreciation of a gearhead doing their thing. Nothing more. But if you want it in your life go get sum'....

JW

Okay this s***'s just too funny I can't resist. I used to hang out in a biker friendly bar help out with security sometimes you know the kind of place live music on the weekends Harley's out front few muscle cars out backscantly dressed women and the best pool tables and state champions hanging out under the neon I'm just trying to imagine someone pulling up on there electric powered custom framed Harley Davidson and yelling the future is here? Yep boys it's going to be one of those nights LOL

Lol. I can't imagine a Harley that wasn't loud or didn't leak haha. It's a generation thing. I have seen electric Dirtbikes and just shook my head. It did everything except make some noise and I thought it had no soul....

JW

Ok, but you have expressed that opinion half a dozen times already.

Why does it bother you so much that you can’t just say it once and walk away?
Since when did members need your permission on how many times we are allowed to comment in a thread? I said what I said and blu quoted me I was just replying to his quote. It's called a conversation. Maybe you should try it instead of micro managing everyone else's.

Since when did members need your permission on how many times we are allowed to comment in a thread? I said what I said and blu quoted me I was just replying to his quote. It's called a conversation. Maybe you should try it instead of micro managing everyone else's.

If a conversation keeps going and a person wants something else in their life they need to just move on. I really don't know the interest in all this from a Member's perspective but talking about it also educates people. Keep talking and don't forget your Snow shovel today lol.....

JW

Lol. I can't imagine a Harley that wasn't loud or didn't leak haha. It's a generation thing. I have seen electric Dirtbikes and just shook my head. It did everything except make some noise and I thought it had no soul....

JW[/QUOT generation thing huh that's what you call it sort of like the tearing down of traditional American values and explaining to your daughter why there's some guy in a wig in the bathroom with her. Stand for something or fall for anything. I can see that's your generation it'll never be mine
but I am starting to have an epiphany it makes total sense why people would rip out the heart of a muscle car V8 combustion motor and stuff in a battery pack and electric motor nothing sacred. I got it

Oh little Becky don't worry about that man in the wig in the bathroom it's just a generational thing

JW
Lol, as a Harley owner, rider, biker, tear 'em down build 'em back up, read that ( non "enthusiast") for 50 years they don't leak, but rather are marking their territory!

I don't fault kids nowadays about their choice in cars or their knowledge or lack there of. Four years ago in High Bridge, NJ I was getting ready to fire the bike up to head to work when I notice my young neighbor (18 or 19) with the hood of his honda up trying to get it running. I went over to check it out and asked him to hit the key....click was all it said. Battery had 10 years of crud and crap on the terminals. So, asked him for water which I poured over the battery to clean it up. He immediately freaked out about an electrical fire because I poured water on it!!! lmao after explaining the non threat of a fire we got the car running. He was thankful and now had one piece of knowledge that maybe would help him from there on out.

-
Back