The New Mopar Muscle Mag is out and I am in it!!!

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
As many of you have probably heard I am the December 2010 Young gun in Mopar Muscle Magazine and I have been eagerly awaiting the magazines release!!!

well, today is the day...the new mag hit the stores today!

pick up a copy and check me out on page 64 (full page spread).

I am a little disappointed ...... they edited my story down quite a bit, they didnt mention my son or my fathers name and they did not mention my father was in the pic of the 3 of us but they did mention myself and my son were.
They didn't use soem of the updated pictures I sent them...only one recent pic.
THEY DIDN'T THROW IN MY FABO SHOUT OUT!!!!!:angry7:

They tweaked some of my words a bit and used words i normally would not say in real life.

but aside from the few little nit picks I am VERY HAPPY that I made it into a Mag and I feel proud and to many words and its just hard to describe.

I hope you guys check it out and like what you see.....I like the way they put the story together too.....makes me feel even more proud to be a dad with the direction they went with the story.

Here is the story for those of you that won't be able to get the Magazine.

Headline says " TEACHING THE WAYS "

With the numbers of restorable, cool classics dwindling down, we're all forced to make room for the up-and-comers in the hobby. Sometimes we just provide them with our cars we have passed over. it's the desire to build something from rags to riches with these mopars that we find the spark of this hobby. Jerrod Darrow, this month's Young Gun, Should be the poster child for Mopar revival. Not only was he raised to love mopars, he's teaching his son to follow in his footsteps.
Currently, Jerrod's weapon of choice is this '72 Duster . He's owned it for about a year, and it has become a three-generation family project. " I wanted to get my 3-year old son started early in the hobby so he can appreciate classic cars before there aren't many left."
What an excellent one to start with, too. early '70s A-bodies are easy to find parts for, and pretty much everything you can think of is available.

Jerrod knew that the Duster was the car of choice for this task, and after some extensive searching he found this one. " Sure enough , it was less than a mile from my house, and parked behind a young kid's garage," he says. After the exchange of American currency went down, the happy family packed it up and brought it home. The project is nothing short of impressive. The 318-powered Duster now under the knife to undergo a transformation. The Honey Dew Gold exterior and gold interior were the first to be terminated. "we're working on converting the interior to black while we finish the body work before it's sprayed with Plum Crazy.

After new life was misted onto the A-Body, a '67 318 was bored .030-inch over and a new crankshaft was installed. Ont top, an Edelbrock intake manifold and carburetor were bolted on, accompanied by long tube headers. To finish things off, the engine was painted Hemi orange. " I consider myself a bargain hunter because i find treasure in what most would consider trash," he claims. " I would buy a lot of used parts and then clean them up and paint them to look like brand new again."

Sitting behind the healthy LA is a 904 three-speed automatic and an 8 3/4 rear end with a 4.10 Sure Grip differential. To add to the aesthetic appeal even further, staggered 14-inch front and 15-inch rear Rally wheels were thrown on.

we're happy to see 23-year-old Jerrod making this a big family project. It's also great to see how far it has come in such a short , dedicated year. He plans to have the whole car done by fall of 2010.
We wish you the best! Maybe in 10 or so years, we'll be writing about your son here in Young Guns!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it guys!!!!!

As soon as they update the website and post my article on there I will post a link to it here so you guys can see the pictures and read the article in all its glory. or.....of course you could go snag up your very own copy!

Congrats Jerrod! I saw that magazine on the rack at the market yesterday but didn't look through it as my subscription copy should arrive within the next couple of days. I'll turn straight to page 64 and take a look as soon as it arrives.
Again, CONGRATS! Pick up a few extra copies and make sure you stash one away so your son has a primo vintage copy when he's ready to take over the reins of your Duster.

Congrats Jerrod! I saw that magazine on the rack at the market yesterday but didn't look through it as my subscription copy should arrive within the next couple of days. I'll turn straight to page 64 and take a look as soon as it arrives.
Again, CONGRATS! Pick up a few extra copies and make sure you stash one away so your son has a primo vintage copy when he's ready to take over the reins of your Duster.

Thanks, I plan on buying a few copies, My wife is going to frame one or two copies in a shadow box for me and I will slip one is a case and set it aside for my little guy when he is older and I will slip one in a protective case to carry in the duster when it is done for car shows and what not. and i will have another that i don't mind if it gets a little ragged out sitting in the garage for a conversation piece.

Thanks guys!!!!

I really like how they worked the story out and the last part of the article really got to me when they said maybe in 10 years it will be my son they are writing about in the magazine.........really gets ya thinking and I am glad I can show him the way of Mopar early on and teach him about classics and old school cool

Hay congratulations there =D>=D>
Would you mind picking up a few extra issues autograph them and send them out to all of us, we would like that.

Kenny

Hay congratulations there =D>=D>
Would you mind picking up a few extra issues autographing them ans send them out to all of us, we wold like that.

Kenny

Sure , let me break out the check book HAHAHA.

But if anyone seriously wants an autographed copy and wants to send me the issue they have I would do it......not that i am a "celebrity" lol but ya never know

Happy to hear of your write up Jarred!!!! Congratulations! Don't let the "stardom" carry you off into the twilight. I know how you feel as my Duster was in the two commercial shoots recently. It kind of brings a "celebrity status" to your car and you will enjoy it when people see your car and say "I saw that car in the magazine." Good for you man. Comgratulations again!!!!! I will pick up a copy of the mag this week.

Happy to hear of your write up Jarred!!!! Congratulations! Don't let the "stardom" carry you off into the twilight. I know how you feel as my Duster was in the two commercial shoots recently. It kind of brings a "celebrity status" to your car and you will enjoy it when people see your car and say "I saw that car in the magazine." Good for you man. Comgratulations again!!!!! I will pick up a copy of the mag this week.

Thanks buddy!

a little star struck but not quite as much fame as a commercial....I think you got one up on me LOL

Congrats on the mag spread. I will for sure get myself a copy.
But what I like the most is you working with your son in a resto project. It seems things like this do not get passed down. I have two boys,grown now, and I did the same with them. Each one had their own car , 67 charger and a 69 dart.
Now I have a Grandson , 1 year old, and in my garage is my Fathers 66 cuda. Guess who is going to work on that one with me. I learned from my Father and I'm passing it down the line. Again good work

-
Back